What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Western banks will suffer greatly from this witch hunt in the long run and the gold repatriation rapidly increase. England and the USA are two global centers in these type long-term gold storage.

Countries have already been calling their gold assets abroad to their central banks for the last 4-5 years; Even the major industrial center economies of the western wing, such as Germany, have drawn almost all of their gold reserves to the central bank.

From now on, this system will completely disappear. Because there are arbitrary practices without any legal basis. The 'trust' has been completely destroyed.

Losing 1 navy ship is more demoralizing than losing hundreds of ground vehicles.

Let us see:

PDFpost1.png

"This Avoz battalion sound like a terrorist organisation attracting terrorists from Europe, America and other parts of the world. A european Alqueda."

This is excessive claim and without evidence.

Forum Rules Reminder:

Ethnic / political / nationalistic hate

Needless to say, PDF wishes to be a productive exchange of ideas and not a place of spreading communal, national, political or religiously motivated hatred. Members found involved in such activities would be severely penalized.

You are certainly allowed to critic Ukraine (and Azov Brigade) in your posts but do NOT be excessive in the course (FLAMEBAITING). Do no make claims that are unsubstantiated and make false equivalencies that cast an entire hemisphere in the wrong light. Do not question Moderation decisions as well; unproductive posts are removed to keep discussion atmosphere under control.

Be sensible and fair in jour judgement and critic. This is all.

Zelenskyy administration has created a Foreign Legion for which volunteers are applying from other countries.

These people are terrorists?

What about the humanitarian Russian Wagner Group which also has Neo-Nazi in its ranks and its atrocities are well-documented as well? I presented evidence in my previous post. Do not be selective in your critic.

"This Avoz battalion sound like a terrorist organisation attracting terrorists from Europe, America and other parts of the world. A european Alqueda.
This is excessive claim and without evidence.

Forum Rules Reminder:
Ethnic / political / nationalistic hate

Needless to say, PDF wishes to be a productive exchange of ideas and not a place of spreading communal, national, political or religiously motivated hatred. Members found involved in such activities would be severely penalized.

I think you do need to understand the English Language. When it is written sound like a terrorist organization it makes it an opinion not a hard fact and the reader should try to understand that. Opinions are not required to have actual evidence it can just be inferred as well by the writer.

I can say something like ... Hamza Shahbaz through his actions & associations sounds to me as corrupt. Are you gonna ban me and say where is your factual proof considering he is never convicted ?

I know I am gonna get banned for this but I really don't care. I also have stopped contributing to this thread considering most of the conversations I do are removed even though they were appreciated by a lot readers on this thread.

I said my piece.

Western banks will suffer greatly from this witch hunt in the long run and the gold repatriation rapidly increase. England and the USA are two global centers in these type long-term gold storage.

Countries have already been calling their gold assets abroad to their central banks for the last 4-5 years; Even the major industrial center economies of the western wing, such as Germany, have drawn almost all of their gold reserves to the central bank.

From now on, this system will completely disappear. Because there are arbitrary practices without any legal basis. The 'trust' has been completely destroyed.

Losing 1 navy ship is more demoralizing than losing hundreds of ground vehicles.
There have always been laws that allow confiscation of illegally obtained money. This is nothing new. Some private banks have been allowed to get rich keeping this stolen money, they will now lose this business.

People that have stolen money can now keep it in Russia and venezuala if they like. Good luck to them with that.

The fact is, there should be nowhere safe for stolen money and the truth is, there probably is nowhere safe.

I think the question now is really what the West will do. Ukrainians are now capable at most to enforce the stalemate, and maybe pushing Russians to the border in Kiyv.

Time really benefits Russians with their slow logistics. Even if 40% of Russian military assets were thrown on Ukraine, and they were wiped out to the last, Russia still has resources for 1 more land offensive, and Russian generals will try to not to bungle it as hard as the first one just out of sheer sense of self-preservation.

Ukrainian military assets, and cohesion are getting depleted no question about that.

UAF priority is now to inflict as much damage until summer begins, and to turn as much territorials into real soldiers.

I think the question now is really what the West will do. Ukrainians are now capable at most to enforce the stalemate, and maybe pushing Russians to the border in Kiyv.

Time really benefits Russians with their slow logistics. Even if 40% of Russian military assets were thrown on Ukraine, and they were wiped out to the last, Russia still has resources for 1 more land offensive, and probably Russian generals will not to bungle it as hard as the first one just out of sense of self-preservation.

Ukrainian military assets, and cohesion are getting depleted no question about that.

UAF priority is now to inflict as much damage until summer begins, and to turn as much territorials into real soldiers.
While it is possible for Russia to mount another offensive of equal proportion, I think doing so will deplete them of their reserves significantly. That will leave them vulnerable. Not worth to do that especially under their current economic conditions. :undecided:

Time really benefits Russians with their slow logistics. Even if 40% of Russian military assets were thrown on Ukraine, and they were wiped out to the last, Russia still has resources for 1 more land offensive, and Russian generals will try to not to bungle it as hard as the first one just out of sheer sense of self-preservation.

Russia has already committed 75% of their BTGS to Ukraine, and 60% of their air capacity.They don't have much left to draw from.

I think you do need to understand the English Language. When it is written sound like a terrorist organization it makes it an opinion not a hard fact and the reader should try to understand that. Opinions are not required to have actual evidence it can just be inferred as well by the writer.

I can say something like ... Hamza Shahbaz through his actions & associations sounds to me as corrupt. Are you gonna ban me and say where is your factual proof considering he is never convicted ?

I know I am gonna get banned for this but I really don't care. I also have stopped contributing to this thread considering most of the conversations I do are removed even though they were appreciated by a lot readers on this thread.

I said my piece.

1. You are allowed to post in this thread. I have not banned you.

2. You should concentrate on your posts and not try to speak on the behalf of other posters when they are judged for their contributions. This is not your call to make.

Off-Topic Posts

Anything that does not add value to the discussion being had or does not say anything about the thread may be liable for deletion and repeated violations may result in penalization. Please, do know that going into tangents is encouraged (something related to the thread, such as discussing a conflict economically rather than militarily) but off-topic derailment is not encouraged (bringing in social issues in order to derail a thread about geopolitics, for instance).

Are you actively fishing for penalization or something? Seriously man.

1. You are allowed to post in this thread. I have not banned you.

2. You should concentrate on your posts and not try to speak on the behalf of other posters when they are judged for their contributions. This is not your call to make.

Off-Topic Posts

Anything that does not add value to the discussion being had or does not say anything about the thread may be liable for deletion and repeated violations may result in penalization. Please, do know that going into tangents is encouraged (something related to the thread, such as discussing a conflict economically rather than militarily) but off-topic derailment is not encouraged (bringing in social issues in order to derail a thread about geopolitics, for instance).

Are you actively fishing for penalization or something? Seriously man.
You have a tough job. Lot of people need baby sitting here :laugh:

Russia has already committed 75% of their BTGS to Ukraine, and 60% of their air capacity.They don't have much left to draw from.
This is 75% of staged BTGS right? :undecided:

Lawmakers, Yellen mull freezing Russian gold reserves​

Russia has $132B gold stockpile​

A bipartisan group of senators is working with the Treasury Department to prevent Russia from liquidating its giant stash of gold, potentially blocking one of the Kremlin's last methods for circumventing punishing financial sanctions.

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen will meet this week with Sens. Angus King, I-Maine, John Cornyn, R-Texas, Bill Hagerty, R-Tenn., and Maggie Hassan, D-N.H., to discuss the legislation that would target Russia's ability to sell gold reserves, a Treasury spokesperson told FOX Business. The news was first reported by Axios.

RUSSIA INVADES UKRAINE: LIVE UPDATES

"Secretary Yellen regularly meets with members of Congress to discuss legislation," the person said. "Additionally, Treasury staff frequently provide technical assistance on sanctions bills."

Janet Yellen

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen speaks during a virtual roundtable with Black Chambers of Commerce across the country on Feb. 5, 2021. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin / AP Newsroom)
The legislation under consideration would impose secondary sanctions on any American entities knowingly buying or selling Russian gold. Russia’s gold stockpile was estimated to be worth $132.3 billion as of the end of January – the world's fifth-biggest stockpile.

If the U.S. moves to crack down on gold transactions, it could deter banks in places like China or India from buying or lending against Russia's reserves.

The senators have suggested the bill could pass as soon as this week. Lawmakers originally wanted to include it as part of a must-pass omnibus spending bill.

Russia exchange rate

People walk past a currency exchange office in Moscow. (AP Photo/Pavel Golovkin / AP Newsroom)
"By sanctioning these reserves, we can further isolate Russia from the world’s economy and increase the difficulty of Putin’s increasingly-costly military campaign," King said in a statement.

Russia began furiously stockpiling gold in 2014, when the U.S. sanctioned the Kremlin over its annexation of Crimea, more than doubling its holdings. Moscow stopped buying gold in 2020 when the COVID-19 pandemic pushed prices sky-high, but announced last month that it would resume buying from domestic producers.

There is concern that Russia could use its gold reserves to shore up the ruble and evade the global sanctions intended to penalize the Kremlin over its invasion of Ukraine nearly one month ago, the biggest attack on a European state in decades.

protest ukraine war

Demonstrators protest the Russian invasion of Ukraine in Lisbon on Feb. 27, 2022. (AP Photo/Ana Brigida / AP Newsroom)
The raft of sanctions from the West includes cutting off a key part of the Central Bank of Russia by preventing it from selling dollars, euros and other foreign currencies in its roughly $630 billion reserve stockpile; blocking certain financial institutions from the Swift messaging system for international payments; and sanctioning some of the Russian elites who have close ties to President Vladimir Putin.

GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE GO BY CLICKING HERE

The U.S. also ordered a ban on Russian oil imports.

A bipartisan group of House lawmakers, including Reps. Elissa Slotkin, D-Mich, Mikie Sherrill, D-N.J., Peter Meijer, R-Mich., Susie Lee, D-Nev., Joe Wilson, R-S.C., and Brian Fitzpatrick, R-Pa., have introduced a companion bill to freeze Russian gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom