What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, my occasional mistake. So the problem is that an American made a minor chronological mistake of Chinese leaders but not about the larger issue of (in)competence at the national leadership level.

Fine. This still does not absolve the Russian military of poor intelligence before invasion. This is a bad way of trying to save face for the Russian military. From the beginning of this war, I have refrained from commenting. I entered this discussion when it was already over 500 pages long. So no one can accuse me of jumping to any conclusion.

From a USAF perspective, the VKS have a shiddy performance over Ukraine. That is my opinion after 3 weeks of war.

The Ukrainian Air Force have about 100 combat jets in FLYABLE or MISSION CAPABLE condition. Was this factoid made to the VKS leadership? If yes, the fact that the Ukrainian Air Force continues to sortie means what and then what does that finally say about the VKS? My refrain from commenting until the two weeks mark is more than reasonable. It is overly generous given what the world seen with Desert Storm and use as example on how a powerful air force should perform and PRODUCE. The VKS failed. Gary is US Army and he pointed out how the Russian Army failed.

The word 'failed' here does not mean Russia cannot conquer Ukraine. It means that the Russian military failed to live up to the image that it cultivated over decades and then when it comes to actually produce results, it failed to produce within the expected time that came with that image of power and competence.

If that is true, then maybe Xi should fire the entire staff just like Poutine did with his. Maybe we will see that later. As long as the Russian military continues to push, eventually it will capture the requisite strategic targets such as the major cities. But there WILL be increasing cost that will repel observers, and in that observers group includes your PLA.

When I was active duty, the USAF have only 60 yrs of aviation history and from limited list of countries to draw upon, whereas the US Army and US Navy have literally thousands of yrs of history spanning continents and cultures. The USAF have a notebook while the US Army and US Navy have a stack of text books. Same situation for the PLA. In that global history, with each war, it is the responsibility of the military's leadership, no matter what country, to study the conditions prior to war and the outcome of that war, then compare against previous wars. The more in-depth the study, the better the analysis for the next war, whenever it might be. I think there is a building call 'military academy' to do this. You might check to see if there is something similar in China. So clearly, the USAF no longer uses WW I and less reliant on WW II. Does the PLA leadership do the same? If not, then in my opinion, Xi should fire the entire staff.

You are making a weak excuse with this 'total war bias' stuff.

But we come to the same conclusion:

Ukraine is going to lose by attrition and territorial conquest it cannot reverse.

UAF also isn't able to contest Russian aircraft in air to air. They have scored 0 confirmed air to air kills and Russian strike planes continue to bomb their positions as far west as Lviv. All the shootdowns of VKS planes are by MANPADs and SAMs.

Last edited:
Ok Russians and Ukrainians use same equipment and I have very often noticed hastily hand painted Z on the destroyed equipment . Are Ukrainians passing their destroyed equipment as the Russians ????

Looks totally fake…. They are standing in open the guy is hitting a target less than one km away and they are dancing like clowns with no fear of return fire ….

I view any sources from the Ukrainian with a grain of salt. They have produced dozens of fake news and fake stories already. God knows there may be hundreds of fake videos and pictures they uploaded to the internet.

To end the conflict quicker, Russia should destroy all the power plants. After all, the West call this a 'war'. In a war, destroying your opponent's communication and power is a must.

I don't know,he studies in Germany he said

No sir. Russia has more than enough land,oil,gas and natural resources. He just wants a pro-Russian Ukraine.

What he wants is irrelevant.

Only pro Ukrainian trolls look at the ever expanding red on the map and claim the Russians are defeated and their advance stalled …

Its not about defeating russia. Its about to give them as much losses as possible. Russia has very low birthrate. Evry fallen soldier is a family line that ends and this creates pressure on Putin. And so far thats working.

The scary thought is that if there is a Russia-NATO engagement later in this war and Russia has mostly depleted its conventional ammunition by that time, it may have no choice but to dip into the nuclear pile.

Gonzalo lira.

This guy is broadcasting from karkov, says Russians are avoiding civilian casualteis.

About 20 minutes in.

He is sitting inside a building and showing nothing. He could be on Russian payroll in exchange for personal safety. Russians have shot a number of Foreign reporters dead in Ukraine (if you didn't knew). This war zone, dear.

Let me tell you something: shelling does not distinguish between friend and foe.

Bellingcat is mapping incidents of civilian harm and war crimes in Ukraine in real time:

Numerous incidents have occurred in Kharkiv as well.

Some members do not double-check information it seems.

Reactions: Ich
What i want is government policy up to EU level. Im happy how things develop. You are frustrated.
Do opposition parties in Greece support Putin's Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom