What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
NATO does not force anyone to join the club. The Cold War yrs convinced many countries to be suspicious of 'Ivan'. Maybe you should call the peoples of those countries as 'illogical'.
Writing from one of those countries -> This is absolutely correct. Nobody was "forcing" anybody to join NATO, just the opposite.

Ukraine is flooded by manpads and other weapons. All they need to do is to destroy as much russian troops and equipment as possible and they do an excellent job with this.

Europe will not accept Putins regime anyways. The sooner Putin bites the dust, the better.

As Ukrainian AA missiles wear out, radar gone, airports destroyed, Russians with real air superiority will bomb more military-hardware supply lines from the West. For your knowledge, stings can't bring down a mid or high altitude jets or nations wouldn't have to field AA missile systems. Russia does not want to attack Kiev, least get the Comedian killed or escaped to Germany or the US. Russia is rounding up the main Ukrainian forces (some 170,000 strong) in Eastern Ukraine. That will be a major decisive battle there.

The talk of Russia installing regimes in Europe is laughable.. You're the Comedian 2, yes?

Will Turkey let these ships in? Technically - the home port for these ships is not in the black sea ?!

No, like we don't let Americans they can not get in. Imagine ther was no Montreux, today black sea would be filled warships of NATO. So they can better respect the deal, this is a treaty keeps black sea safe, with out this treaty ther would be a big war.

No one scattered.
Of course you guys did. I went out of my way to accommodate everyone's support for Russia's accusation to NATO. The least courteous thing to do is return the favor and show the public where you guys stand. :sick:

Perhaps, we just realize its pointless to argue with someone whose mind is made up.
That make no sense. Anyone who participated in this debate already made up their minds. Even neutrality is a position.

Regardless, none of our opinions here matter.

However, some of us are intellectually honest and agnostic to ideology.

Others cling to what makes them feel safe.
The situations I presented about the US and Russia were devoid of any ideology. It was solely on practicality. But I will make a more 'closer to home' analogy for you guys.

Situation 1: If I point a gun at you, there is no 'perception of threat'. It IS a threat. The gun is the physical evidence of a weapon and the direction of the gun make the whole picture of a threat.​
Situation 2: On the other hand, if I say 'I might join a gun club' there is no evidence of a weapon so you have to create a perception of a threat.​
So if you attack me based on 2, is that acceptable? I will go even further. I am physically smaller than you and all I did was speculated that I MIGHT join a gun club, and based on that you attacked a smaller man. Should that response be acceptable as 'self defense' even in the court of public opinion?

I fully expect Poutine's defenders to scatter.

Russia pretty much proved them correct, ain't it?
You've invaded or bombed a gazillion countries since the end of the Cold War and the Russians only invaded Ukraine and had a limited war in Georgia. And you talk as if they've reached the UK and are preparing to invade America.

NATO does not force anyone to join the club. The Cold War yrs convinced many countries to be suspicious of 'Ivan'. Maybe you should call the peoples of those countries as 'illogical'.
But NATO and the EU should gently refuse to take under its wing countries that could be a nice buffer for both NATO and Russia. This way we can avoid mistrust and escalation.

No need. Just a couple times will do the job of proving to the silent readers out there the cowardice of those who would defend Poutine.
Putin,not Poutine. It's Putin. Just like it's Obama and not Osama and Clinton and not Klingon.

But NATO and the EU should gently refuse to take under its wing countries that could be a nice buffer for both NATO and Russia. This way we can avoid mistrust and escalation.
Why, because of Russia ? Don`t be ridiculous. Now you can see how much they are worth.

Russia has lost 238 Main Battle Tanks to date. They've got to be near 25-30% losses. My understand is they invaded with 750-1000 tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom