What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you dont understand is, that facist russia is the enemy of Europe. We dont need USA to understand whats going pn and that this Russian regime must be destroyed. No matter what

I would NEVER want to live in a cold, grey, suffocating place like Russia and I had said that above. But I think Russia is too hyped up just like the USSR was hyped up. Russia is destined to be part of Europe, given time, especially after Putin, but some countries couldn't wait for that. The corporations in America want big money and they want it now. Europe should pray that the continent doesn't burn like it did during the two World Wars. I believe a cornered Putin could go to any length to appear a 'victor'. I hope there is peace and it wouldn't come to that, otherwise Europe will burn again and burn bright again.

US can print money easily because of $ reserve status. Other countries cannot afford to do so without more severe consequences.
That unaffordability is really a blessing. Using Canadian dollar as an example, though Canada central bank has 0 gold reserve (it has sold all), its printing machine is highly constrained for the fear of political backlash caused by high inflation. Because of that, I trust Canadian dollar more than US dollar. Pretty much all my bond is in Canadian dollar although a large portion of my stock asset is in US.

Not all oil fields are made equal. You should know that as a resident of Canada :cheers:
To my knowledge. Russia oil is mostly traditional ones. Not oil sand or shale oil. Maybe I am mistaken. :)

Think in this way. Daqing oil field, one of the few million barrel oil fields in the world, was developed in China back around 1959. China wasn't an industrialized country at all.

China is not Russia amigo. China always was pro technology. Russia never was

Last edited:
I would NEVER want to live in a cold, grey, suffocating place like Russia and I had said that above. But I think Russia is too hyped up just like the USSR was hyped up. Russia is destined to be part of Europe, given time, especially after Putin, but some countries couldn't wait for that. The corporations in America want big money and they want it now. Europe should pray that the continent doesn't burn like it did during the two World Wars. I believe a cornered Putin could go to any length to appear a 'victor'. I hope there is peace and it wouldn't come to that, otherwise Europe will burn again and burn bright again.

I dont see it that way. We see in Ukraine how weak Russia is. At this point i dont even support negotiations but simply fight for major military victories.

Do you know how backward China was back in 1959?

I do. But the people are different. Look at Russia, where corrupt officials put cardboard armor on tanks to steal budget.

If it had been left to me I would put every internet joiner to the test of decency and rationality.

This @Wood person, in a message above, clearly said that because Canada's interests lie with in American camp--and he is living in Canada--and so it is quite okay to turn a blind eye to international events as long as it serves his interests. He is a 'well adjusted' Indian in Canada who could even sell India's interests if I were to guess. Humanity doesn't matter as long as his interests are served. People like him hide behind 'freedom and democracy' or 'sovereignty' or other higher principles despite whatever facts are given to them, but it is not hard to spot opportunism, intellectual laziness and hypocrisy in such people.
I believe unless the world is a fair world we are condemned to eternal wars. And for that we need to question everything in front of us as a start. And we need to especially question the dominant media narratives because they are purposefully driven. Some people could benefit from watching Michael Moore's 'Fahrenheit 911'.

Agreed on all points.

I dont see it that way. We see in Ukraine how weak Russia is. At this point i dont even support negotiations but simply fight for major military victories.
Ukraine isn't much stronger, either. Negotiation usually exists because nobody can achieve a decisive victory. So, watch the progress of the negotiation, you would know what happened on the battle fields.

You're twisting yourself up in knots, unnecessarily.

A russia china oil trade will be the easiest thing in the world. They will create a mechanism for it and if they have to, the Chinese will bring a van load of USD cash and drive it to Moscow if need be.

Russian Oil and Gas is NOT sanctioned. China is free to pay the Russians in Renminbi which Russia can use to pay for imports. The Russian sanctions in place so far limit the countries Russia can sell O&G to reducing returns from energy exports.
  1. 60% of Russian oil and gas transportation infrastructure is built to serve Europe. The amount of oil and gas Russia can divert on short notice to China is limited.
  2. China gets to dictate terms and pricing. The Russians will lose money in the Renminbi for oil deal.
  3. Major European and American oilfield companies are still operating in Russia. Once Oil and Gas is sanctioned these firms will be forced to leave causing Russian output to drop significantly in the coming years..
  4. China has other commitments Saudi, Iran and Venezuela to name a few. China cannot go all in on Russian oil and gas.
  5. Chinese refineries are set up for oil with low to medium sulphur content further limiting the amount of oil she can process from Russia.
finally, there are ways the West can completely kill Russian oil and gas production but this will be interpreted as an act of war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom