What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the other thing is that Iraq,Kosovo,Libya and Syria are all far away from USA.

Bolded part.
This is a tragedy for the world, for humanity. Americans are blessed with geographical isolation to bomb the crap out of the world. Even in the two major wars the American mainland was almost unscathed. Actually, those two World Wars contributed to America's rise. It is the Europeans who are yet again going to face the consequences. And trust me: IF America had not supported Ukraine then all the European countries wouldn't lift a finger!!

Having said that, there IS strong anti-war sentiment in America. In case of the Iraq invasion in 2003, a bare majority supported the war despite years of media programming. But now everyone knows how disastrous that war turned out to be for the region and for thousands of American families. I see hope in this country.
Anyway, people like Mearsheimer, Tucker Carlson, Kim Iverson, Tulsi Gabbard and many like them who are Americans and are able to speak in a language which resonates with ordinary Americans are a threat to a certain mindset in America--and thus they are to be discredited.

So you are fine with being slavish to NATO ?
Did I not say that I reject your opinion?

Don't be like the mosquito that is buzzing in people's ear. Let us be in peace :laugh:

It is OK. Getting the money back isn't most important thing. Money just doesn't buy you stuffs. It also buys you political influence, which would bring in other benefits. That is how US plays. They often issue loans to countries that are close to bankruptcy. At the time of insolvency, they will propose loan "restructuring", which often means to issue more loans so that the receiver can continue the interest payment. It brings in multiple benefits:

1. The interest of the commercial banks that issue the first batch of loans is secured. The political support from these bankers are also secured.
2. You can ask for other concessions from the receiver of the loan attached with the new loans.
3. The new loans are usually backed by US government via tax money through IMF/World Bank.

Win-win-win for everyone, except the taxpayers.
Wow, I think you should never work in any Banking Industry.......

You should work in a charity or something........

Did I not say that I reject your opinion?

Don't be like the mosquito that is buzzing in people's ear. Let us be in peace :laugh:

If you want your crass, snarky, irrational and salivating-for-NATO-slave opinions to prevail then exit the internet or at least this discussion forum.

Again, you are not talking about a few millions here and there, Russian oil export alone is worth roughly 200 billions.........Gas is about 250 billions. You are talking about flooding ~ 500 billions (let's say with wheat and precious metal and so on as well) in currency market.....

You do know even USD have only 2 trillions dollar + change in circulation, you are talking about flooding 1/4 of the entire US currency value in China......
I really don't get your logic. China needs oil and gas. It can get them from anywhere. If it chooses to get more from Russia, it means it gets less from other places. The same amount of oil and gas, the same amount of money you use for purchase. Where is the increase of currency?

Arguing with him about money matter is futile. I have tried. :)
When you said "tried" you mean the time you said Fiat Currency are defined as anything and you don't need any backing? That time?

If you want your crass, snarky, irrational and salivating-for-NATO-slave opinions to prevail then exit the internet or at least this discussion forum.
Make me :bunny:

Wow, I think you should never work in any Banking Industry.......

You should work in a charity or something........
Think about the bigger picture. International loans, especially those with governments or entities with close government tie, are never just for money. Of course, losing money is never an option, unless it is taxpayers' money.

When you said "tried" you mean the time you said Fiat Currency are defined as anything and you don't need any backing? That time?
yep.

I really don't get your logic. China needs oil and gas. It can get them from anywhere. If it chooses to get more from Russia, it means it gets less from other places. The same amount of oil and gas, the same amount of money you use for purchase. Where is the increase of currency?
What you failed to see is you either needed "Extra" money to buy "Extra" oil from Russia.

Or you don't buy stuff from other country and spare those money to buy "Extra" Russian oil.

As I said before, you can choose, and if you honestly think this is a lot better to trust a country that 4 big credit agency just listed as "Junk" status, instead of other client, then be my guest, I have no complaint.....

I mean, it's your money.

Then how the Russian get the bread? If the bread makers are not involved,.

And you can't balance RUB:RMB because it's one side who pay the money, and the other side pay with oil...The same equation applies, where do the Chinese get the extra money to pay for the Russian oil to begin with?
You're twisting yourself up in knots, unnecessarily.

A russia china oil trade will be the easiest thing in the world. They will create a mechanism for it and if they have to, the Chinese will bring a van load of USD cash and drive it to Moscow if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom