What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said, it may work in your mind, but it is not how economy work...I mean, you are free to believe you can do that, but all I am saying is this is not how economy works....
Well. you can rest assured that Russia will sell oil to not just china but most of the world who are not involved in these sanctions without any problem. or with the minimal of problems.

And it will be done in currency and not some barter transaction. We will see.

Suppose Putin don't care but Russian do care they will through away Putin but before it could happen Putin would do best to bring Russia as a winner and for that he would not mind to use nukes.
I don't think it will ever get to that stage, Putin might loose his marbles and effectively order a nuclear strike but I very much doubt the chain of command in Russia will let such a scenario develop or go unchallenged. Any sort of nuclear strike by Russia will trigger retaliatory strikes by NATO members etc and we will be in MAD.

How do you take it out of circulation in China? You need them to do domestic trade.......
oh come on. buying oil from russia will not deplete the Chinese currency and leave nothin left for domestic trade. are you kidding?

Instead of telling people on the internet what to do, you should give us your opinions. We'll decide to take it or not based on our rational :cheers:

My opinion is that you are being slavish to NATO on this thread and against my progressive views in India-related threads.

But then you are issuing new loan to the Russian.......

And you have two things on two hand here.

On one hand, a hard working Chinese probably asking for a loan to buy a house and can repay with their hard work.
On the other hand, you have a Russian company who according to 4 world credit rating agency listed as "Close to Bankrupt" and asking for a loan so they can buy more stuff from you and yet incur another loan. Which it is uncertain for them to even paid it off.

If you are a loan officer in a Chinese bank, who will you choose?
It is OK. Getting the money back isn't most important thing. Money just doesn't buy you stuffs. It also buys you political influence, which would bring in other benefits. That is how US plays. They often issue loans to countries that are close to bankruptcy. At the time of insolvency, they will propose loan "restructuring", which often means to issue more loans so that the receiver can continue the interest payment. It brings in multiple benefits:

1. The interest of the commercial banks that issue the first batch of loans is secured. The political support from these bankers are also secured.
2. You can ask for other concessions from the receiver of the loan attached with the new loans.
3. The new loans are usually backed by US government via tax money through IMF/World Bank.

Win-win-win for everyone, except the taxpayers.

Well. you can rest assured that Russia will sell oil to not just china but most of the world who are not involved in these sanctions without any problem. or with the minimal of problems.

Good luck with that. As it stands Russia cant deliver oil or gas in a few month because technology embargo and Russia has no ability to make its own. For same reason collapsed oil industry in Venezuela and Russia could not help them.

My opinion is that you are being slavish to NATO on this thread and against my progressive views in India-related threads.
Cool.

I rationally reject your opinions. Glad we have that settled :laugh:

That's the same reply I have with @MH Yang not so long ago.

A.) It's illegal
B.) You will need to find an oversea bank that not afraid of being sue for sanction violation.

Good luck on that.

oh come on. buying oil from russia will not deplete the Chinese currency and leave nothin left for domestic trade. are you kidding?
Arguing with him about money matter is futile. I have tried. :)

A lot of economic chatter on this thread now. People are talking about things I brought up 500 pages ago. This simple reality is this:
  • Russia will take Ukraine but NATO/western bloc will make it pay in blood and gold
  • Russia is forcing a "new world economic order" to emerge.
    • Western countries control the global financial heights today but they will be increasingly challenged maintaining this going forward
    • Excessive money printing, high debt, overuse of financial weapons and demographic decline are huge issues in the west that are forcing ROW to look for alternatives in the global financial order
    • China will benefit from this, its financial, real-estate and service industries will boom going forward due to increased foreign investment (analogous to USA in the 80's).

Again, you are not talking about a few millions here and there, Russian oil export alone is worth roughly 200 billions.........Gas is about 250 billions. You are talking about flooding ~ 500 billions (let's say with wheat and precious metal and so on as well) in currency market.....

You do know even USD have only 2 trillions dollar + change in circulation, you are talking about flooding 1/4 of the entire US currency value in China......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom