What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
RUSSIA-INDIA BEST FRIENDS,INDIA ALWAYS WILL HELP RUSSIA WE ARE BROTHERS!

View attachment 824247

View attachment 824249
Very surprising to see that 500 Indians have signed up for it. I do not peg an average Indian as someone who would volunteer to fight in foreign wars. But I suppose India is a big population - even a infinitesimally small fraction of over a billion people could be significant. :cheers:

I think we might be seeing the first signs of Putin's strategy working. Zelensky appears to be coming to terms with what the Kremlin wants, and open to reaching a settlement. But the price might be high, effectively partitioning the country between the Eastern Russian speaking part, and a cut down Western Ukraine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-60746557?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=6230b349980bea49f4b7ca89&Zelensky says Ukraine should accept it won't join Nato&2022-03-15T16:41:24.938Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:f4daac0b-0d36-4cf5-910e-f806583cca12&pinned_post_asset_id=6230b349980bea49f4b7ca89&pinned_post_type=share
This is nothing new. He said about not joining NATO, which was obvious before the war.

Absolut crazy and shows how deep russia has sunken. Drones capture how russiam soldiers stop cars and execute civilians

This is nothing new. He said about not joining NATO, which was obvious before the war.

There are mixed signals from Ukraine.
If you saw a video I posted yesterday where the Ukraine diplomatic adviser gave to an Indian channel. In that video, the advisor asked for iron-clad guarantees backed up by foreign powers for Ukraine's security and for that Ukraine would sign some neutrality agreement with Russia. BUT in the same interview the advisor also used the term 'for the time being' to not ask for Nato membership. Russia, if you recall, had asked for a permanent agreement of neutrality before the war began--actually just a few days before the war began. Russia asked for more than some for the time being agreement.

Anyway, what Ukraine should fear is that Russia decides to reduce its invasion to eastern and southern parts, consolidates there, use the very considerable Russian ethnic presence, especially in the eastern part, and make the Dnipier River, which is supposed to have only limited crossings, a natural barrier and target the Russian guns on Kiev as blackmail... sort of like North Korea does by targeting Seoul. IF Russia is able to achieve those goals--which are in the realm of possibilities--then Russia will have won the war even if at great cost to itself. I believe in that case Russia will eventually ride out the sanctions.

There are mixed signals from Ukraine.
If you saw a video I posted yesterday where the Ukraine diplomatic adviser gave to an Indian channel. In that video, the advisor asked for iron-clad guarantees backed up by foreign powers for Ukraine's security and for that Ukraine would sign some neutrality agreement with Russia. BUT in the same interview the advisor also used the term 'for the time being' to not ask for Nato membership. Russia, if you recall, had asked for a permanent agreement of neutrality before the war began--actually just a few days before the war began. Russia asked for more than some for the time being agreement.

Anyway, what Ukraine should fear is that Russia decides to reduce its invasion to eastern and southern parts, consolidates there, use the very considerable Russian ethnic presence, especially in the eastern part, and make the Dnipier River, which is supposed to have only limited crossings, a natural barrier and target the Russian guns on Kiev as blackmail... sort of like North Korea does by targeting Seoul. IF Russia is able to achieve those goals--which are in the realm of possibilities--then Russia will have won the war even if at great cost to itself. I believe in that case Russia will eventually ride out the sanctions.

Russia cant ride out the sanctions. Its cut off from Europe completly and crippled. In this state its destined for a slow and agonizing death as a nation. Russia itself has nothing to offer to its own people. The young and educated one run away and whats left?

Russia cant ride out the sanctions. Its cut off from Europe completly and crippled. In this state its destined for a slow and agonizing death as a nation. Russia itself has nothing to offer to its own people. The young and educated one run away and whats left?

Russia is destined to a small nation west of the Urals (and even then minus the Caucasus). But I don't think sanctions will cripple it.

They should turn farmers of Ukrain to, Farmed Ukrain forces. After Russia they are the best supply of Russian weapons. Best choice of poor countries for weapons....

1647365669645.png

Turkish Foreign Minister Çavuşoğlu:

"We had the opportunity to evacuate more than 14,800 of our citizens from Ukraine, we approached 15,000."

"We are helping the Meskhetian and Crimean Tatar Turks, our other kinsmen and the citizens of the countries that ask for our help as much as we can."

“Sergey Lavrov called me last night about the evacuation of our citizens from Mariupol. Conditions are forming gradually. We look forward to the good news today or tomorrow.”

Yes, then strengthened the mutual defense clause in the EU charter, then allow the US to join the EU. Same mission, different club. :enjoy:
Do you want USD to be replaced by EURO? Cannot loose the convenience of printing green back :no:

Perhaps a UK type integration with EU is what you seek. But I don't think Americans will vote for open borders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom