What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you want USD to be replaced by EURO? Cannot loose the convenience of printing green back :no:

Perhaps a UK type integration with EU is what you seek. But I don't think Americans will vote for open borders.
In Europe? I have no problems with the EU being as strong in Europe as the US is in North America. Economically and militarily strong. I have no problems with the EU being a US peer in every way.

In Europe? I have no problems with the EU being as strong in Europe as the US is in North America. Economically and militarily strong. I have no problems with the EU being a US peer in every way.
Yes, but that is not what I meant.

EU - US integration may require 1 of the 2 unions to give up on their currency. US may also require to have open borders for European nationals. Many conservatives in US do not like the idea even for Canada. :undecided:

And Moscow first warned NATO and US not to meddle in Ukraine which it continued to do so until 2008, leading to the 2014 coup and a minority reppression by the new UkaGovt in the minority regions.

So, technically.
It is the west that kept adding fuel to the fire and russia doing this is the consequence which everyone was aware of but i guess people in allied countries have short term memories and prefer to drink the wine sponsored by the media.

Putin attacking the Ukraine wasn't a matter of the Ukraine not getting along with a neighbour. Putin is a dictator. He wanted to control what was going on in the Ukraine so he decided to invade it. And now Russia will not agree to a full widthdraw. They must have part of the country or putin lose his face. I’ve not seen any thing like this in modern times a country like Russia whose borders are simply expanding more and more every few years. And Where do these Russians borders exactly finish because rest of us are totally confused.

EU - US integration may require 1 of the 2 unions to give up on their currency. US may also require to have open borders for European nationals. Many conservatives in US do not like the idea even for Canada. :undecided:

The US and EU basicly have ooen borders.

Not for work. You need a visa to work in US and probably a visa interview too under normal circumstances. I think Canada has a provision to work in US with only a work permit, but no need for visa. Not sure though :unsure:

Europeans may lack of imagination. They should learn from Mexicans who have already achieved open border with US. ;)

There is an opt-out provision in the EU mutual defense clause. After this Ukraine mess is over, no matter which way, EU members will re-think that clause. As for the US, I was not joking about the US being a member of the EU. Am sure the EU could carve out a provision for the US to allow all parties to maintain their independence. Those who calls for NATO disbandment simply do not know what they are talking about and how another military defense treaty can arise to do the same mission. The bottom line is that those, like me, who have always been suspicious of Russia, can thank Russia for proving us correct, that Russia cannot be trusted and that the Europeans should have made themselves stronger when they had the chance at the end of CW1. I believe that had western Europe took it upon themselves to strengthen their military alliance, this Russia-Ukraine war would not happen.

Interesting analysis of a polish general in german media.

He says Russia already lost and cant expand further. It now starts killing civilians out of frustration but even that will stop in a matter of days when ukrainian forces destroy the russian artillery positions

There is an opt-out provision in the EU mutual defense clause. After this Ukraine mess is over, no matter which way, EU members will re-think that clause. As for the US, I was not joking about the US being a member of the EU. Am sure the EU could carve out a provision for the US to allow all parties to maintain their independence. Those who calls for NATO disbandment simply do not know what they are talking about and how another military defense treaty can arise to do the same mission. The bottom line is that those, like me, who have always been suspicious of Russia, can thank Russia for proving us correct, that Russia cannot be trusted and that the Europeans should have made themselves stronger when they had the chance at the end of CW1. I believe that had western Europe took it upon themselves to strengthen their military alliance, this Russia-Ukraine war would not happen.

We have to thank putin for that. We now see extreme european armament. With germany alone he has awakened a dragon.

They are taking a train ride to Ukraine!

Ukraine may not be joining NATO anytime soon.. but EU doors may become open for them? :buba_phone:

Interesting analysis of a polish general in german media.

He says Russia already lost and cant expand further. It now starts killing civilians out of frustration but even that will stop in a matter of days when ukrainian forces destroy the russian artillery positions

We have to thank putin for that. We now see extreme european armament. With germany alone he has awakened a dragon.
When can we expect to see China border the Grand Ukrainian Empire? Looking forward to bilateral trade between Ukrainian Vladivostok and Chinese northeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom