What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kievan Rus is the craddle of Russian civilization. The areas around it,the whole place,it was Russian. Mongols came,Tatars came,Poles came,but it remained Russian. Then Lenin made the SSR of Ukraine.

Throughout the centuries,the foreigners managed to create a seperate identity for the Rus' living there. They came up with the name Ukraina,they deleted the names Malorossia,Novorossia etc.
man just stop your russian propaganda its realy bad ...

Novorossia is just , is a historical term of the russian empire denoting a region north of the Black Sea nothing more no culture no anything. now they trying to print it as something special so they can grab land nothing more

A lot of fake news and disinformation even directly from the White House and US state departement

Russia, China deny US claims of military assistance​

U.S. told NATO, Asia allies that China willing to supply arms to Russia -U.S. official

Am going to give a closer to home analogy of the Russia-China relationship.

Situation 1:
I drive you to work.​
I use your money to buy grocery for you.​

Situation 2:
I give you the key to my car.​
I buy you grocery with my money.​
In Situation 1, there is zero to nearly zero costs to me. We could be working in the same building or I may just drive a few minutes out of my way. And when the time come to buy food, I am using your money, it may take a few extra minutes, but it is still your money.

But in Situation 2, I would be out of my car for a while, maybe even the whole day. You may pay me back with a full tank of gas, but I still do not have my car for as long as you have it. And when the time come to buy food, it is out of my budget, you may pay me back later, but it is an actual burden on me until that time of repayment.

What China is doing for Russia all this time is essentially Situation 1 with the credit card processing, buying Russian oil, etc. But if it is true that Russia asked China for economic and military assistance, that would be cutting into China's wallet, today and tomorrow and until who knows when Russia can pay back. Considering that Russia is using Syrian fighters, what happened to the rest of the Russian Army? What if Russia even asked for Chinese troops which would mean China have to budget out Chinese blood to help Russia? Why not? The PLA have no combat experience so this would be a valuable learning experience prior to invading Taiwan. Chinese troops dying in Ukraine would definitely elevate Taiwan's morale.

China is sloooooow walking aawaaay from Russia. Neither country can admit to this story because that would be an acknowledgement to the world that Russia truly failed and that China gambled wrong. So all China can do is continuing with Situation 1 as Xi seethe with anger behind closed doors because the Russian military failed him.

man just stop your russian propaganda its realy bad ...

Novorossia is just , is a historical term of the russian empire denoting a region north of the Black Sea nothing more no culture no anything

I must apology for him, not all greeks are like him.

We have a small group who believe that Russia is some orthodox saint, when infact its just a facist hellhole and always was. I know what crimes Russia did. Poland, Ukraine all suffered from them.

I have deep respect for you guys.

Am going to give a closer to home analogy of the Russia-China relationship.

Situation 1:
I drive you to work.​
I use your money to buy grocery for you.​

Situation 2:
I give you the key to my car.​
I buy you grocery with my money.​
In Situation 1, there is zero to nearly zero costs to me. We could be working in the same building or I may just drive a few minutes out of my way. And when the time come to buy food, I am using your money, it may take a few extra minutes, but it is still your money.

But in Situation 2, I would be out of my car for a while, maybe even the whole day. You may pay me back with a full tank of gas, but I still do not have my car for as long as you have it. And when the time come to buy food, it is out of my budget, you may pay me back later, but it is an actual burden on me until that time of repayment.

What China is doing for Russia all this time is essentially Situation 1 with the credit card processing, buying Russian oil, etc. But if it is true that Russia asked China for economic and military assistance, that would be cutting into China's wallet, today and tomorrow and until who knows when Russia can pay back. Considering that Russia is using Syrian fighters, what happened to the rest of the Russian Army? What if Russia even asked for Chinese troops which would mean China have to budget out Chinese blood to help Russia? Why not? The PLA have no combat experience so this would be a valuable learning experience prior to invading Taiwan. Chinese troops dying in Ukraine would definitely elevate Taiwan's morale.

China is sloooooow walking aawaaay from Russia. Neither country can admit to this story because that would be an acknowledgement to the world that Russia truly failed and that China gambled wrong. So all China can do is continuing with Situation 1 as Xi seethe with anger behind closed doors because the Russian military failed him.
And you think China and Russia will follow your instruction map?

they were as one country for 300 years, Russians don't hate Ukrainians, it's nothing like how they fought Nazi Germany.
The eastern part, yes. western part no.
It already takes almost 3 weeks in mostly russian speaking eastern part of Ukraine to conviced them they are one culture. I would rather say, speaking russian does not make you russian.

The problem is that you define Ukrainian way of life from what you read from Ukrainian politicians supported by the west. How much do you know about the Ukrainian way of life from Russia supported Ukrainian politicians? The reality is that Ukraine is a mixed bag caused by all the foreign imperial influence throughout the history. When you see some Ukrainian politicians boost one type of way of life and oppress different types, you would know they are not for a free Ukraine. They want a version of Ukraine that they like. A politician who truly wants a free Ukraine would let people live the way they choose, instead of the way the politician dictates. Now, tell me one Ukrainian politician that supports this idea and let's count how many there are, before you conclude that my claim is unsubstantiated.

That should give you an idea about "mistaken ideas always end in bloodshed".
I've worked as an external consultant for a big Ukrainian corporation, travelled to Kyiv several times and have stayed there months every time. There are plenty of Ukrainian people in my social circle from different ethnic affiliations within the country. Even my realtor is a Ukrainian and there is still some Ukrainian currency left in my wallet from my last travel there before COVID. What about you? :laugh: :bunny:

But I'll not claim that any of this is basis for me to say that I know anything about Ukrainian way of life. The majority sentiment in Ukraine is to not be a Belarus and instead be in EU. This should be apparent to anyone who is not myopic to the resistance from the local population against this Russian invasion. The pro Russian - Putin loving - Ukrainians that I know are crying in Whatsapp because some family are still in Kyiv and do not want to leave with refugees. Why do they want to stay back and resist? Even these Putin loving people don't like Putin so much anymore.

Politicians have let Ukrainians free to choose. The majority have chosen EU. Now, even the eastern part is mostly disgusted with the invaders. This is the reality. You can live in your made up fantasy. Don't expect the rest of us to join you :cheers:

Nato did not soround Russia.
NATO Expansion.JPG

Then what is that?

Russia opressed all its countries around for decades.
That was the Soviet Union. With the collapse of the Soviet Union,there was no need for NATO to expand.

Nations join NATO to be secure by russian agression.
Imaginary aggression. Most of them joined NATO and the European Union to get money.

If Ukraine would have joined NATO in 2008, it would be save today.
No,we would have had a war in 2008. You don't remember the war in Georgia in 2008,do you?

And you know who decides Ukraines future? Ukrainains, not russians and certainly not we greeks.
And they did. They voted for Yanukovich and the ultranationalists and pro-Western parties started the Euromaidan protests and riots and took over the government. They kicked out the legally elected government of the country.

Slava Ukraine!

I thought you're not a fascist? ;)

Screenshot_2022-03-14 Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists - Wikipedia.png

Tell me again how you like Ukrainian Nazi-collaborationists

Screenshot_2022-03-14 Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists - Wikipedia(1).png

I've worked as an external consultant for a big Ukrainian corporation, travelled to Kyiv several times and have stayed there months every time. There are plenty of Ukrainian people in my social circle from different ethnic affiliations within the country. Even my realtor is a Ukrainian and there is still some Ukrainian currency left in my wallet from my last travel there before COVID. What about you? :laugh: :bunny:

But I'll not claim that any of this is basis for me to say that I know anything about Ukrainian way of life. The majority sentiment in Ukraine is to not be a Belarus and instead be in EU. This should be apparent to anyone who is not myopic to the resistance from the local population against this Russian invasion. The pro Russian - Putin loving - Ukrainians that I know are crying in Whatsapp because some family are still in Kyiv and do not want to leave with refugees. Why do they want to stay back and resist? Even these Putin loving people don't like Putin so much anymore.

Politicians have let Ukrainians free to choose. The majority have chosen EU. Now, even the eastern part is mostly disgusted with the invaders. This is the reality. You can live in your made up fantasy. Don't expect the rest of us to join you :cheers:
The Chinese here are cheering for Russia is because the situation is anti-US/NATO, not because they know anything about Ukraine or the geopolitics of that region.

I've worked as a consultant for a big Ukrainian corporation, travelled to Kyiv several times and have stayed there months every time. There are plenty of Ukrainian people in my social circle from different ethnic affiliations within the country. Even my realtor is a Ukrainian and there is still some Ukrainian currency left in my wallet from my last travel there before COVID. What about you? :laugh: :bunny:

That is the problem of democracy, which only speaks for the majority. It is easily converted to a tool for the majority to oppress the minority. If you think that oppression is justified because it comes out of democracy, then you are an enemy of freedom. I don't care about democracy. I only care about freedom, which is what people can really enjoy.

Ukrainian politicians certainly DID NOT let Ukrainians free to choose. They just let the majority to choose for the minority. How is that free?

View attachment 824089

Then what is that?

That was the Soviet Union. With the collapse of the Soviet Union,there was no need for NATO to expand.

Imaginary aggression. Most of them joined NATO and the European Union to get money.

No,we would have had a war in 2008. You don't remember the war in Georgia in 2008,do you?

And they did. They voted for Yanukovich and the ultranationalists and pro-Western parties started the Euromaidan protests and riots and took over the government. They kicked out the legally elected government of the country.

I thought you're not a fascist? ;)

View attachment 824090

Tell me again how you like Ukrainian Nazi-collaborationists

View attachment 824091

Vladi is this you?

Russian propaganda straight out of RT.

Its senseless anyways. Rant all you want, my ideas are made reality and yours are seen as russiam 5th column.

Just today EU announced even more sanctions.

Russia is in danger to financial collapse. 😗

Lets not call it sanctions. Its special economic operation to deputinize russia.

The Chinese here are cheering for Russia is because the situation is anti-US/NATO, not because they know anything about Ukraine or the geopolitics of that region.
Precisely. They cannot digest a contrary opinion that does not involve cheering their philosophy on right or wrong :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom