What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition, all great powers like to have their neighbors to be either their suzerainty or their dependencies, not just Russia/US. China also acts that way. That is why after US withdrew from Vietnam, China refused North Vietnam's request for help to invade the south. It is for China's benefit that Vietnam remains divided and weak.

I respect your honesty!!
It is Might is Right in entire human history. The Russian aggression is but the latest manifestation of that. And those who claim to own an entire hemisphere have no right to talk about 'sovereignty'.
This world, the humanity is condemned to have eternal wars unless we are honest and informed about the causes and motivations behind wars. Our common enemies are war profiteers.

Even Germany and France require US support to handle Russia. You expect a poor erstwhile Soviet state to be able to establish credible deterrence to Russia? New countries have incredible challenges in their formative years to establish their economy. Under such circumstances, I'll not blame Ukraine (or any other Baltic state) to run towards bigger powers for protection.

Even India is seeking a closet alliance with the West because of its inability to unilaterally deal with China. I will certainly not call Ukraine naive for seeking protection in NATO. It is just too bad for them that Putin is an uncompromising bully. :undecided:
Germany is a sorry case since they would face strong suspicion if they massively rebuild their military. But France left NATO before. Not sure why they chose to come back later. They certainly have more independent mind in this area than Germany.

Actually, I give India more credit than you would. India plays a balanced game between Russia and US. It seeks economic benefit from US but its close relationship with Russia helps maintain its own independence and freedom. It is a lot smarter than Ukraine which has given up its own independence and freedom long ago. There is a saying that says: if you trade freedom for safety, you deserve neither freedom nor safety.

Last edited:
I respect your honesty!!
It is Might is Right in entire human history. The Russian aggression is but the latest manifestation of that. And those who claim to own an entire hemisphere have no right to talk about 'sovereignty'.
This world, the humanity is condemned to have eternal wars unless we are honest and informed about the causes and motivations behind wars. Our common enemies are war profiteers.
Thanks. The sad news is that Might is Right is still with us. Each individual country may strive to achieve the protection of human right and the rule of law based on sound and humane principles. But among countries, might is still right. There is no meaningful enforcement of international laws, which are also not really respected internally by powerful countries.

But it is just a stage in the human evolution, which, like all other kinds of evolution, is a long and slow process. Human beings have come a long way from barbarity. I am still hopeful for the future.

Thanks. The sad news is that Might is Right is still with us. Each individual country may strive to achieve the protection of human right and the rule of law based on sound and humane principles. But among countries, might is still right. There is no meaningful enforcement of international laws, which are also not really respected internally by powerful countries.

But it is just a stage in the human evolution, which, like all other kinds of evolution, is a long and slow process. Human beings have come a long way from barbarity. I am still hopeful for the future.

Excellent post. A jist of collective human tragedy.

Greek leftists. Protestors burn NATO flag and march with Russia flags in Thessaloniki. @Apollon, Foinikas

If they march as far as Alexandroupoli, I will support them from here.

There is a 5th column in evry country buddy. You have those in turkey too

Stugna P in action against a russian tank.

Those manpads and fire and forget rockets are the main reason why russia has such extreme high losses

Russia has nothing to lost (and a lot to win) if they bomb Poland east military bases when they receive Western weapons shipments for Ukraine.

Biden and EU chiefs talking about WWIII is a bluf, a nonsense, nobody will move a finger militarily due to Poland, NATO is a false and corrupt organization, and USA lie without stop.

And Russia is already all the economic sanctioned they can be.

Russia has nothing to lost (and a lot to win) if they bomb Poland east military bases when they receive Western weapons shipments for Ukraine.

Biden and EU chiefs talking about WWIII is a bluf, a nonsense, nobody will move a finger militarily due to Poland, NATO is a false and corrupt organization, and USA lie without stop.

We'd always feared the Russian army but this war has proven they aren't the threat we thought they were, I reckon NATO could walk all over them within about a week, I can see now why Putin is terrified of NATO.

Considering how weak russia is against Ukraine its doubtful that Poland would even need NATO support to march through to Moscow. With his botched attack Putin revealed weakness. Something that does not only interest NATO but also China.

We'd always feared the Russian army but this war has proven they aren't the threat we thought they were, I reckon NATO could walk all over them within about a week, I can see now why Putin is terrified of NATO.

Are you serious??
Russia has the nuclear blackmail, pointing hundreds, if not thousands, of nukes over several countries, from God knows where. They would pulverize any approaching armies with tactical nukes and if they feel all will be lost then they will go down bringing the world down with them.
But, yes, in a conventional war, Russia is crap. It is so ironic that the Western nukes were the deterrent against the Soviet conventional power and now the situation is reversed. How the mighties [Russians] have fallen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom