What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
US politicians want US to be a leader and the taxpayers do not? Do you really believe that the average American does not want America to be the predominant power that it is today?! I'm not sure why that is a question in your quest to make the case for Ukraine is 'naive' :laugh:

I'm also an internet pleb no different from you. But I think Ukraine is punching above its weight from the fact that a country considered to be military super power is reduced to recruiting mercenaries from Syria and Africa to fight this war. :omghaha:
Taxpayers could care less. They may feel pumped when they think US is a world leader but it really has little to do with their own private lives. They care more about getting ends meet, getting their children through schools, getting enough nest eggs for comfortable retirement. Few of them even know where Ukraine is on the map.

If anyone really cares about Ukraine, he should try his best to prevent this country from getting into such a mess in the first place. If he is the leading politician, that would be his primary job. Praising their bravery AFTER getting into such a mess is cheap.

Getting back to the naivety comment, well, it is not just Ukrainians who are naive. Many people who worship democracy are in the same boat, too. It is amazing to see how US destroys one country after another through democracy.

Like the superpower's hasty fleeing from Afghanistan?
Yes fighting 1000s of miles away from its mainland, compared to fighting in its backyard. How low can you stoop to score a cheap low IQ shot Elite Member.

Yes fighting 1000s of miles away from its mainland, compared to fighting in its backyard. How low can you stoop to score a cheap low IQ shot Elite Member.
What's the difference? US always fights thousands of miles from it's home, its homeland is in Americas, when was the last time it didn't fight thousands of miles away from their home? How low can you stoop to score a cheap low IQ shot ?

US taxpayer will thank Russia's invasion of Ukraine for this gift. :cheers:
How is that really a gift? It will boost US military industrial complex, which produces nothing that regular folks can enjoy, while siphoning off capital from those that actually do. It only boost its power to destroy when it is already the most powerful country in the world.

NATO, is a defensive organization, they're hardly likely to attack Russia.. Ukrainian mess is proving this to be the case
Not sure what your point is supposed to be. We know Russia doesn't have a reasonable or responsible leadership, that's been made perfectly clear. So relying on that as a goal is patently ridiculous.
NATO is a what? Defensive Organization? How many countries has NATO bombed that had nothing to do with it and didn't threaten it in any way?

Taxpayers could care less. They may feel pumped when they think US is a world leader but it really has little to do with their own private lives. They care more about getting ends meet, getting their children through schools, getting enough nest eggs for comfortable retirement. Few of them even know where Ukraine is on the map.

If anyone really cares about Ukraine, he should try his best to prevent this country from getting into such a mess in the first place. If he is the leading politician, that would be his primary job. Praising their bravery AFTER getting into such a mess is cheap.

Getting back to the naivety comment, well, it is not just Ukrainians who are naive. Many people who worship democracy are in the same boat, too. It is amazing to see how US destroys one country after another through democracy.
US Taxpayer is a direct beneficiary of US leadership in the established global order. I don't feel like making an argument for this obvious case :laugh:

It is also incorrect to say that Ukrainian politicians and their intelligentsia are naive for wanting to be a free democratic society. Please consider that more people from authoritarian countries have moved to liberal democracies than vice versa when politics is the reason for immigration. :cheers:

How is that really a gift? It will boost US military industrial complex, which produces nothing that regular folks can enjoy, while siphoning off capital from those that actually do. It only boost its power to destroy when it is already the most powerful country in the world.
F 35 is built mostly by American tax payers. Every direct job from this order will also promote indirect employment.

Those who criticize military industry complex should realize that its clout in the US congress is not just because of campaign contributions. The F35 production chain is in fact distributed across many US states employing a lot of Americans throughout the country. :cheers:

US Taxpayer is a direct beneficiary of US leadership in the established global order. I don't feel like making an argument for this obvious case :laugh:

It is also incorrect to say that Ukrainian politicians and their intelligentsia are naive for wanting to be a free democratic society. Please consider that more people from authoritarian countries have moved to liberal democracies than vice versa when politics is the reason for immigration. :cheers:
But it is just some breadcrumbs falling off the large pie those politicians get. Those who think that is sufficient to justify US overseas intervention are double suckers. I remember when US decided to invade Iraq, there was a guy in San Francisco hanging a banner on his apartment window that said "I want cheap oil!". Well, guess which direction the oil price went after that.

I don't think Ukrainian politicians want a free democratic country. They want their power and they use whatever ideology to boost their power and position. It is their primary instinct.

"Mistaken ideas always end in bloodshed, but in every case it is someone else's blood." -- Albert Camus​

F 35 is built mostly by American tax payers. Every direct job from this order will also promote indirect employment.

Those who criticize military industry complex should realize that its clout in the US congress is not just because of campaign contributions. The F35 production chain is in fact distributed across many US states employing a lot of Americans throughout the country. :cheers:
No country becomes rich by building weapons. Individuals could, however, e.g. Nobel.

When Indians take Bollywood too seriousily

pt2.JPG

Interesting fact from German BND, they say Russia logistics are so bad, they cant move further than 140km from their border at best conditions and this will get worse in next days and weeks. They lack trucks, gas, fuel.

Logistikkorridor-RUS_breit.jpg

But it is just some breadcrumbs falling off the large pie those politicians get. Those who think that is sufficient to justify US overseas intervention are double suckers. I remember when US decided to invade Iraq, there was a guy in San Francisco hanging a banner on his apartment window that said "I want cheap oil!". Well, guess which direction the oil price went after that.

I don't think Ukrainian politicians want a free democratic country. They want their power and they use whatever ideology to boost their power and position. It is their primary instinct.

"Mistaken ideas always end in bloodshed, but in every case it is someone else's blood." -- Albert Camus​

Now that there is not much rope to keep up the Ukraine is 'naive' narrative, you've resorted to big and bold lettered quotes and straw man arguments about Iraqi oil. It has nothing to do with Putin's invasion :laugh:

US, like all major powers before it and all that will come after it - will intervene in international affairs to maintain world order. Some of them may be unjustified, that is not in question. But to make a blanket claim that Ukrainian politicians do not want their country to be free and are just stupid/naive for wanting to keep their way of life is just a callous opinion that suits your preconceived biases. Your claims remain unsubstantiated and meritless. :cheers:

Like the superpower's hasty fleeing from Afghanistan?

Russia fled Afghanistan before i think in late 80th. Difference now is, that Putin suffers in one week heavier casualties in Ukraine than Breshniev in 7 years afghanistan.

That said i respect Chinas intelligent approach to not help Russia in its war.

Russia fled Afghanistan before i think in late 80th. Difference now is, that Putin suffers in one week heavier casualties in Ukraine than Breshniev in 7 years afghanistan.

That said i respect Chinas intelligent approach to not help Russia in its war.
If Russia is really this weak, why Nato poops their pants at the very thought of military involvement?

NATO is a what? Defensive Organization? How many countries has NATO bombed that had nothing to do with it and didn't threaten it in any way?

Let me answer your question: none. Zero.

You are free to name a country that NATO bombed.

If Russia is really this weak, why Nato poops their pants at the very thought of military involvement?

We stop Russia with mere delivery of manpads and stingers.

Russia has no working military its only assets are nuclear weapons and we try to avoid a nuclear war. Conventional the russian military is shown as dead. The question is, why is it dead? Corruption?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom