What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some would like us to believe the Russian army and pro-Russian forces are losing, but then we could easily ask them how is it possible that they're seizing towns, cities, and encircling others if they are losing?

What you fail to realise is that when we say they are losing, they are losing against the west and Europe and USA. Even though they are currently militarily dominating Ukraine and causing terrible suffering.

Ukraine is a battle in a larger war. A war that will end with a western victory and a Russian loss.

@Hassan Al-Somal , Isn't the Ukrainian side making fake news? A lot. Maybe @RescueRanger could approve me, I've wrote at least 3-4 posts about explaining some fake news from Ukraine side. Unfortunately, PSYOPs are also part of this dirty work. My expectation here is to provide a forum environment with higher awareness and not being a tool/parrot for such activities, unlike the rest of social media.

You were one of my favorite member. But here I am watching with amazement you turn into an account that mediates fake news/ propaganda in favor of Russia. It seems You never questioning the things you share. Normally, I don't interfere in such situations, but since you keep repeating the same thing, I have to say stop.

The photo you used here is from the 2020 Karabagh war. There is currently no visual evidence that supports the downing of any Ukrainian TB2s.

Btw, While the whole world, including Russia, imposes a heavy weapons embargo on your country, this TB-2 will fly with your country's emblem.

If it is between Russia and Turkey, I will definitely be with Turkey to the point where I'll volunteer to fight on the side of Turkey!!

In this conflict, I would've been neutral had the West not been involved. Any neutral observer would've been with Ukraine since they're the underdog and their country is invaded. But the reality is different though, as their leadership chose to be a cannon-fodder for other powers. They seem to put other powers' national interests before their people and country's interest.

Besides, the embargo on us and the destabilization that we face are from these powers. So anyone who can break this one-sided so-called "International Order" is welcome in my book. Putin may be evil, especially in Syria and in other places, but the truth is in Africa, Midde East, Asia, and South America, the West is the evil that we face.

@Hassan Al-Somal , Isn't the Ukrainian side making fake news? A lot. Maybe @RescueRanger could approve me, I've wrote at least 3-4 posts about explaining some fake news from Ukraine side. Unfortunately, PSYOPs are also part of this dirty work. My expectation here is to provide a forum environment with higher awareness and not being a tool/parrot for such activities, unlike the rest of social media.
An old saying: "The first causality of war is the truth"..

I mean if you don't want to directly engage the Russians then also don't provide weaponry to their adversaries which lead them to use more lethal force in urban centers causing more casualties. Instead of striving for peace and telling the Ukrainian power center to strive for neutrality of Ukraine and to end this conflict you are actively engaged in prolonging it.
Ukranians are showing that they would rather die than live under russia. I can understand it. So they are given weapons to defend themselves, They dont have to fight. they can leave or surrender. But they are not a people with a slave mentality.

I agree there the propaganda war is being fought on both sides, in fact I was one of the first people in this thread to highlight the apparent one-sidedness of the coverage by some elements of the media, as for twitter we have a phrase in Urdu "Tooba Tooba" xD.

Anyway, you know about the song and the pro Turkish overtones from Ukraine and then when that didn't work the Embassy sent a very smelly tweet in protest against the Turkish and now they say the Russians targeted a mosque - I am sure you have also seen the footage of Mufti joining the Ukrainian National Guard.

I really don't want any friendly nation getting dragged into this because this is going to become a protracted quagmire which will be very difficult to extract yourself from and the economic, security and geo-political implications of this are blatantly obvious for all to see.

That said, mabye I am a little biased but I am rooting for Ukraine to give the Russians a damn good trashing, even though I know Russia is too big to fail and behind closed doors there will be dicussions between the big EU players (Germany, France, UK et al) to bring Russia back into the fold after a time out on the naughty step.

As for the US, they want to treat Ukraine like a proxy and make Russia suffer the kind of humiliation they had to endure during the fall of Kabul when a bunch of "savages and goat headers" in flip flops were able to defeat a modern, well equipped military funded by the 20 years of US and ISAF funds.

The images of Taliban dressed as some sort of pseudo SF operator mimicking western operators and riding Humvees and even Blackhawks was a two finger salute to the West. Russia was insulated from this and had been emboldened by its adventure in Syria.

This was the moment the US was looking for to deliver a strategic defeat to Russia and neuter a global headache and pivot in the region - and in doing so will position itself as a stable and reliable partner to supply gas to EU nations.

Also we should remember that frozen conflicts have always been a barrier for NATO membership for nations bordering visegard nations.

I might be completely wrong but this is my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom