What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

The man is an idiot.

US army is built and equipped to fight conventional battles and adversaries.

Wagner is the finest Russian fighting force and it got its @** kicked in a battle with US army in Syria in 2018.

What WE see in Ukraine is a clash of forces that are medicore in comparison to US army.

US army will decimate Russian army in a conventional war much like Iraqi army in 1991

People can talk big behind that nuclear cover. Bring it on in a neutral venue.

I think you should read about that fight. It was American air force which destroyed the wagers not army.
I dont think Ukrainians are inferior to American soldiers.
In this war American soldier will not fare any better, because of so much anti air units around, this time US army have to fight. And i have never seen them to be Extra brilliant when fighting on thier own.

Is always air force that saves then every single time.

Last edited:

1688332516845.png

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/russian-bomb-with-mysterious-range-extending-wing-kit-emerges

I think you should read about that fight. It was American air force which destroyed the wagers not army.
In this war American soldier will not fare any better, because of so much anti air units around, this time US army have to fight. And i have never seen them to be Extra brilliant when fighting on thier own.

Wagner would have called in air support as well but Russian high command chickened out knowing what they were up against in the battle.

The word "army" is often used to imply a fighting force as a whole. Russian army will call in air support to counter Ukrainian army when this option is on the table in a battle. But Ukrainian army is lacking in air support.

US army is a competent force on its own when deployed in strength. US army VII corps fought and defeated Iraqi Republican Guard Tawakalna division in the Battle of 73 Easting in 1991, this battle was over in a day. US army Eagle Troop is particularly noted for its achievements in this battle. Iraqi Republican Guards were professional and capable forces in line with Soviet standards.

US army toppled Saddam regime in Iraq in 2003 in a blitzkrieg campaign that was over in 26 days. Observers were stunned. Nobody was expecting Saddam regime to fall this fast. An Iraqi army of similar caliber was able to successfully defend Basra in the 1980s.

American Air Power is tremendous without any doubt but American army is well-equipped to fight as well.

Ukrainian army is heavily relying on Western technology to fight Russian army. It would have collapsed long ago otherwise.

US army is still a much better equipped force in comparison.

The word "army" is often used to imply a fighting force as a whole. Russian army will call in air support to counter Ukrainian army when this option is on the table in a battle. But Ukrainian army is lacking in air support.

US army is a competent force on its own when deployed in strength. US army VII corps fought and defeated Iraqi Republican Guard Tawakalna division in the Battle of 73 Easting in 1991, this battle was over in a day. US army Eagle Troop is particularly noted for its achievements in this battle. Iraqi Republican Guards were professional and capable forces in line with Soviet standards.

US army toppled Saddam regime in Iraq in 2003 in a blitzkrieg campaign that was over in 26 days. Observers were stunned. Nobody was expecting Saddam regime to fall this fast. An Iraqi army of similar caliber was able to successfully defend Basra in the 1980s.

American Air Power is tremendous without any doubt but American army is well-equipped to fight as well.

Ukrainian army is heavily relying on Western technology to fight Russian army. It would have collapsed long ago otherwise.

100% agreed. The US Army is a professional fighting force, the US military is able to assert Full spectrum dominance over the battlefield in ways that no other conventional military can. Comparing the UA to the US Army/Military is an unfair comparison.

Do what you like. As long as the PLA don’t run naked against Viet female battalions I am ok. But seriously maybe you don’t know yet: you should accept this fact, these are sovereign countries they can do what they like, they don’t need your permission.
This is a joke. The 10-year war between China and Vietnam almost wiped out all the men in Vietnam. You are so forgetful.

Seen many analyst saying Russia need not to worry unless entire armored divisions with air support roles up close to the ukrainian border. But if NATO armored divisions do go into Ukraine with the full support of the US/NATO airforce, Russia is effectivly done pretending to free russians in Ukraine. They would be crushed, and the russian authorities know it. Hence the weekly reminder of russia got nukes,

He was answering retorical questions.

Seen many analyst saying Russia need not to worry unless entire armored divisions with air support roles up close to the ukrainian border. But if NATO armored divisions do go into Ukraine with the full support of the US/NATO airforce, Russia is effectivly done pretending to free russians in Ukraine. They would be crushed, and the russian authorities know it. Hence the weekly reminder of russia got nukes,
Absolutely.

The US can put many times more effects on targets than Ukraine can ever hope to achieve.

Another thing to watch now is what Russians will be doing with their reserves. They don't seem to truly have a strategic reserve, but they have a lot of scattered units on the rear lines.

Russian force in the south is a mix and match of previously destroyed units returning from R&R, and much of bodies there seem to be levies/convicts/conscripts. I expect no coordinated large manoeuvres from them. But Russian force in the north near Kreminna still have the last intact cadre staffed units, these can definitely try making a push, even after taking casualties in a botched bid to gain ground towards Lyman last week.

AFU public communications tell there are 90k Russian troops guarding their lines in the south, and enough hardware for a tank army (300-400 vehicles). These 300-400 vehicles number is still tiny given how few good crews Russians have, and how much of them are given to static defence, and how good is Ukrainian antitank. I have doubts they will be doing much of anything in mechanised manoeuvre defence except localised reinforcements because they themselves will have to traverse their own mine fields, trenches, and obstacles. Static fortifications will help Russians compensate for lack of armour, and a big question is to which extend.

AFU comms been focusing on RUAF rapidly losing artillery, and knowing how vital it is for Russians to keep pressure of their infantry, I see a chance for snowballing of artillery loss in the south. If Russians will lose a majority of artillery on in a single sector, AFU will be able to start using sappers to do demining, instead of scarce demining charges, and vehicles.

The only place in the entire Russian line that is being re-upped is curiously Bakhmut, which is where the Ukrainian trying to encircle it North and South, there are still intact unit (I think 40th Motor Rifle Brigade is one of them) is being held at the back, otherwise Russian is feeding cluttered unit into the line in the North as reinforcement.

The Russia tried to make a division attack near Kreminna, but was beaten back, again, what strange is that Ukraine simply allow the Russian to go back, they don't counter attack, pursuit, they didn't do any of that and they didn't even probe the line.

It's quite obviously the Ukrainian are going at 3 places, trying to reduce and degrade their defensive capability and as I predict before, we probably won't see any major push into August, so it will be a long summer for both side. I would predict they either buckle the defence on Robotyne or Bakhmut, and then this will corrupe the line from then on.

As a grunt seeping the desert heat once upon a time in the middle east. I would disagree with you.

You saw a lot of movie and TV that play out the USAF as a god-like organisation. In reality, we mostly do stuff on our own, because we don't like the "inter-branch" help. And US Army is probably is the only organisation in the world that is organic enough to fight alone. The other being Marine Air-Ground task force, but then that's a Marine-Navy thing,

In reality, Air Force wouldn't do much for the Army, they will do their part in their war and take out road junction, factories or any strategic target, but we are left to deal with most tactical target. Air force usually only jump in if you have a Tier 1 target that you can't wait. Otherwise the Air Force is not going to come bomb that bunker for you with a JDAM because it hinder your platoon movement or that MG Nest, where you will have to somehow deal with it yourself.

I am not saying Air Force is shit, but they wouldn't really care about us Grunt. they have their job to do and so did we. And that's the reality of battlefield.

I had probably tried to get 20 or 25 airstrike to come in, maybe a dozen and only 6 was granted. I can virtually name all the time when the Airstrike Request had gone thru with the JTAC.

You don't need to take the NATO Air Force, just by artillery and you will know

Ukraine TO&E in Artillery Unit is a 1 in 5 Shrink down version of NATO artillery. The Ukrainian would have 2 Artillery Battery attached to protect every unit., We have 2 regiment per Brigade.

If they are facing the NATO Army and attack like they do in Ukraine, you will see a lot of FPV call in to disrupt their formation and they will lose a lot of troop before even getting close, Then you add the Aviation Regiment with all the Blackhawk DAL and Apache on them. That is going to be a bad day for Russia if they ever try to do that.

Last edited:
As a grunt seeping the desert heat once upon a time in the middle east. I would disagree with you.

You saw a lot of movie and TV that play out the USAF as a god-like organisation. In reality, we mostly do stuff on our own, because we don't like the "inter-branch" help. And US Army is probably is the only organisation in the world that is organic enough to fight alone. The other being Marine Air-Ground task force, but then that's a Marine-Navy thing,

In reality, Air Force wouldn't do much for the Army, they will do their part in their war and take out road junction, factories or any strategic target, but we are left to deal with most tactical target. Air force usually only jump in if you have a Tier 1 target that you can't wait. Otherwise the Air Force is not going to come bomb that bunker for you with a JDAM because it hinder your platoon movement or that MG Nest, where you will have to somehow deal with it yourself.

I am not saying Air Force is shit, but they wouldn't really care about us Grunt. they have their job to do and so did we. And that's the reality of battlefield.

I had probably tried to get 20 or 25 airstrike to come in, maybe a dozen and only 6 was granted. I can virtually name all the time when the Airstrike Request had gone thru with the JTAC.
It is not that we do not care. It is just that each sortie, other than the bombers, have limited ordnance to deliver, and as far as the heavies are concerned, precisely because they can carry so much, their sorties are strictly assigned. Back in Desert Storm, as I was on the F-16, the A-10 guys were the ones who had the most flexibility in terms of CAS, as in a two-ship sortie can deviate and answer the Army's call for assistance. Everyone else had to go thru to the Air Ops Center (AOC) and each AOC is organized unique to the theater.

The major problem is that of real time availability of air assets vs targets. Kosovo was when we had the Combined Air Ops Center (CAOC) and even so, the target intel were usually at least hours outdated, leaving whoever that got on site burning holes in the sky searching for ground targets that they were told should be there. The Army's Hunter UAVs were better but the data still had to pass thru the Army's bureaucracy before transmitting to the Air Force, so instead of several hours outdated, it was one or two hours outdated. The JSTARS got it down to minutes but they were too few so whatever JSTARS available they were tasked for more 'important' targets.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom