What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Footage of the work of the Russian MLRS "Grad" after the impact of the Ukrainian rocket MLRS Himars. The Ukrainian army, conducting aerial photo reconnaissance with a drone, noticed the Russian installation of the Grad MLRS, after which the Himars MLRS struck with precision weapons. Despite the close impact of the Himars MLRS rocket, the Russian Grad MLRS continued to carry out its combat mission and launched missiles. The crew apparently worked remotely from cover.

A German Leopard 2A6 tank of the Ukrainian army, possibly abandoned by its crew, came under attack from a Russian Lancet kamikaze drone. A kamikaze drone hit the back of a Ukrainian Leopard 2A6 tank where the ammunition is located, judging by the video, the shells did not detonate, but the tank was damaged.

Battle of the BMP M2A2 Bradley of Ukraine in the Zaporozhye region. An episode of the battle with the use of the American BMP M2A2 Bradley by the Ukrainian army has been published. This is footage of a battle dated June 8, when a large convoy of Ukrainian M2A2 Bradley infantry fighting vehicles and Leopard 2A6 tanks, as a result of an attack on Russian positions, was hit by mines and hit by Russian artillery. The video is shortened, showing the fire of an M2A2 Bradley infantry fighting vehicle and a vehicle of the same type hitting a mine. After that, the Ukrainian soldiers put up a smoke screen and try to evacuate, at which point the shooting of the battle stops.

Ukraine counteroffensive rolling
slow but steady
158 square kilometers until now retaken
Ukraine army coming closer to Bakhmut

1688376838078.png

Detailansicht öffnen
Ukrainische Soldaten feuern mit einem Mörser auf russische Stellungen in der Nähe von Bachmut.

(Foto: Alex Babenko/dpa)

1688376892101.png

Ukrainische Soldaten in einem Mannschaftstransporter an der Frontlinie in der Region Saporischschja

Foto: LIBKOS / dpa

This is a joke. The 10-year war between China and Vietnam almost wiped out all the men in Vietnam. You are so forgetful.
Nonsense
Vietnam casualties are not so high.
Anyway that’s off topic
The US military presence will remain in Far east.
Enjoy.

1688377865892.png

The U.S. Navy’s only forward-deployed aircraft carrier, USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76), approaches Danang, Vietnam, for a scheduled port visit on June 25, 2023.

It is not that we do not care. It is just that each sortie, other than the bombers, have limited ordnance to deliver, and as far as the heavies are concerned, precisely because they can carry so much, their sorties are strictly assigned. Back in Desert Storm, as I was on the F-16, the A-10 guys were the ones who had the most flexibility in terms of CAS, as in a two-ship sortie can deviate and answer the Army's call for assistance. Everyone else had to go thru to the Air Ops Center (AOC) and each AOC is organized unique to the theater.

The major problem is that of real time availability of air assets vs targets. Kosovo was when we had the Combined Air Ops Center (CAOC) and even so, the target intel were usually at least hours outdated, leaving whoever that got on site burning holes in the sky searching for ground targets that they were told should be there. The Army's Hunter UAVs were better but the data still had to pass thru the Army's bureaucracy before transmitting to the Air Force, so instead of several hours outdated, it was one or two hours outdated. The JSTARS got it down to minutes but they were too few so whatever JSTARS available they were tasked for more 'important' targets.
Well, maybe "care" is not really the best word to use here. I think the better word to use is "to entertain" our request.

And it is precisely as you said because aircraft would have limited ordnance, if the F-16 or Strike Eagle or the Hawks are only there to entertain to our request, then you probably going to be needing to rearm every 15 minutes because 8 bombs is nothing, I probably have 100-120 hard target per battle, more if a battle is more developed. You will be dropping bomb for us all day and maybe you guys better off became USAAF again.....

Another issue here, not too many people know, is jurisdictional issue, I mean, it's hard enough to have our own JAG approve a target, and the Air Force won't do shit unless their own JAG (not sure what you call it in the AF) approved that target. which mean even I was green lit by the JAG and FO, that target may still be refused by the Air Force. And when you call in air strike, you need to lift every other support, which mean I cannot call in arty or mortar if I call in fast mover as you can't stack, which can be for nothing because they would have to fly past the target and get their approval, and I spend 10 minutes or so for nothing, and if I am urgent enough to call an airstrike, that mean I am not sitting on my arse in that 10 minutes and doing nothing.

Us grunt preference of support goes from Base Tube/Stove Pipe > Arty > Army Aviation > Airstrike > NATO Asset.

So yes, we prefer to do it in house, we have a saying "When they cut air support to us, that's mostly a suggestion".

What is the use of a tank if it can't carry out offensive operations? You're running with lame excuses. It is the Ukrainians that you supposedly claim to support who are unhappy with those AMX-10 RC tanks.

I ask you again to enlighten yourself, the AMX10RC isn't a tank and again try to find out the role of this vehicle.

BTW no one gives a sh/t about Russian nuclear threats, they will do jack shit.

What is the use of a tank if it can't carry out offensive operations? You're running with lame excuses. It is the Ukrainians that you supposedly claim to support who are unhappy with those AMX-10 RC tanks.

Dude, do you know what is Reconnaissance

F0EFaWbX0AIQ3Rq.jpg

And tell me how do you EVER conduct an offensive operation WITHOUT doing Reconnaissance?

So if theyare "good" for recon, that mean they are good for offensive operation, unless you run them like armour and use it on main attacks.

AMX-10RC, along with Bradley are Cavalry Vehicle, Tanks like Leo 2 and Abrams are armour. These 2 are different class of vehicle. You don't need to be a Bradley driver like me to know that.

Back
Top Bottom