What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

the Battle of Bakhmut proved one thing, Ukrainians are very tough fighters and Russian threw everything they had at them, cluster bombs and phosphors bombs everything but nukes

they never managed to break the Bakhmut-Soledar-Siversk line it held against deadly Russian attacks

had they broke through they would have taken Kramatrosk and Slovansk

then the entire Northern area was open to Russian counter attack and no way Ukraine could swing South to Kherson

I think Battle of Bakhmiut reminded the Russian that even on land and with everything they could not defeat Ukraine, this is disheartening for Russia

Ukraine avenged the deaths of so many poor unarmed Syrians who were abandoned by the World and were left to the mercy of the Russians

Ukrainians and Afghans taught Russian a lesson they will never forget

Russia has some very good generals and they are competent

Russian are not stupid people they are very tough people and brave fighters you dont become the largest nation on earth by giving up land these guys know how to take and hold land

but Ukrainians are schooled in the same subject, Ukraine is fighting their own brothers here, they know what Russia will do next

plus the Ukrainians have one thing Russia does not have, REAL TIME INTELLIGENCE

as soon as a Russian convoy leaves its barracks the AWACS and Surveillance rely this info to the Ukrainians on the ground and with weapons like HIMARS the results are devastating

the amount of intel flights flying around Ukraine is insane, Sweden and UK have flown non-stop since Feb add to that NATO AWACS and USAF brings in more flight hours then whole of Europe combined they know exactly where each BTG where it is moving and what is in each ground

Russian are a 1980s army using brute force, the jets like Su35 and Su34 dont even have targeting pods to try high altitude bombing they still fly Mig31 over Belarus to hit inside Ukraine and the Mig31 is not a joke

T90 and Terminators running into forest with no infantry

backward tactics by local commanders
Not to mention all these daily but fruitless platoon to company sized attacks all over the Donbas front.
I think the long range mobile artillery donated like Caesar, Panzerhaubitz, Zuzana 2 go unnoticed. Their range and precision (especially with guided rounds) in combination with some decent drones could really soften the russian multi layered defence, and artillery positions.

If true hope for intense Himars attacks,do not let them time to cross,regroup and transfer their heavy equipments.
Hopefully the ukrainians get to decimate the airborne units to a point where theyre pulled off the battlefield. No need to have them relocated somewhere else in this war.
But to be honest, withdrawing seems to be something the russian army master at some degree.

reminds me of the evacuation from the Western side of the Sea of Azov in WW2 in 1941

poor Russians hammered and beaten fleeing across the sea to safety while getting hammered on small boats

only this time they cannot outbuild their enemy when it comes to weapons and come back like Operation Uranus

Against the EU, Russia would use their entire air force, navy, army, reservists, paramilitary.

Russia is deliberately not playing the full deck, because then the EU would prepare for the full deck seeing the full deck in Ukraine. The war on the EU would be much worse than on Ukraine.

Russia would not likely attack EU until buddy Trump has left NATO.

Or started a war with China.

These are possible scenarios and Europe needs to prepared for this. Germany is. Poland is. Baltic States are. More need to prepare for a worse war than in Ukraine.

Russia a fight on so many fronts, Russia could get 2 million boots on the ground from drafts. Only strength can keep the peace.

Gales of stupid laughter
|
|
|
|
V

How will you arm those 2 million boots your going to draft? World War II metal helmets, and rusted AKs due to poor storage conditions? I don't even want to think what the condition of the ammunition will be. Armour wise the Russians burnt through combined amour might of Pakistan & India.

I still support mobilization though, the more they fight the better.

Lol

There are things on paper and then there are logistics requirements, operational requirements, and economics.

Those 1.3 million troops are split across paramilitary, army, air force, and navy.

Russia committed all branches of its military to war effort in Ukraine. Over 200,000 troops and irregulars were dispatched in the format of Land Forces to invade Ukraine. VKS have its own personnel and actively used for strikes in Ukraine. Russian Navy have its own personnel and actively used for strikes in Ukraine. Over 400,000 personnel might be involved considering all forces and operational requirements.

Then there is the factor of ROTATIONS and REPLACEMENT of Combat Losses in the battlefield.

Your hypothesis is impractical. Russia have had its hands full in Ukraine - its biggest military operation since World War 2.

But losses are staggering in terms of men and equipment. Many combat units crippled. Many officers KIA. Many logistics units crippled. The organization is shaken. Morale is shaken.
Yes and if all 1.3M going to deploy who is going to keep putting the russian citizenry in jail for the unrest that will follow. Half this force is internally focused

If this moves war to closer one more step I am glad about a strategic town lost and the morale boost to the victors (and depletion to the losers).

Now what happened to the 'Iran is so supreme that Ukraine will go to its knees when its without power' mindset.

Ukraine without power, Kherson taken, Ukraine's not shuddering about moped drone attacks (and managed to project operations). Ukraine's no more neutered with Iranian greatness any more than Israelis have been. Iran is just good at getting one set of muslims killed against another. Thats what they excel it (other than beating their own teenagers to submission).

Or may be the people took my suggestion and did start another thread and I need to join that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom