What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Russian firebase in Chaikyne is no more, but they still have lots of scattered fires on the sub-regimental level.

In Russian pre-2008 military doctrine, artillery was split into 5 tiers:

battalion - mortars, and field guns
regiment - 122mm, grad
division - everything 152mm, and bigger. Rest of rocket artillery.
corps - same as division, but with more heavy rocket artillery, and TBMs. Nuclear weapons are also supposed to be corps level.
GHQ reserve - nuclear weapons, more 8 inch, and 240mm

From what I read, only 3 levels remained operational after 2008 reform (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Russian_military_reform). GHQ reserve was disbanded, and corps level been split down to division level. It's strange why they still kept standalone artillery units with pea-shooters (field guns, and mortars), when Russian mechanised BTGs had own 152mm, and heavy rocket artillery from the start.

Most of Russian standalone artillery units in Kherson (and much elsewhere too) been destroyed, but their scattered remains were given to regimental, and sub-regimental units.

So now, Russians have lots of smaller artillery units with bigger guns scattered across larger territory. That's closer to current Ukrainian artillery unit organisation actually.

The new Russian doctrine totally backfired on them early in the war. Blobs of undefended 12-18 SPHes 10 kilometres from frontlines were jackpots for AFU.

Last edited:
Regarding this:
1667667075886.png

Do they mean HIMARS d estroyed in the field or HIMARS destroyed in the storage facilitiy? Russia must've destroyed some HIMARS in storage across Ukraine.. HIMARS cant save Ukraine in this war.

Russia has handled sanctions quite well. So far. They will inevitably hurt russia pretty bad. But russia is more resilient than anyone thought economically.

About sanctions, I see people can't seem to distinguish in between economic sanctions vs. sanctions against RU military, vs. sanctions against government.

Saying that sanctions aren't working because Russians aren't eating grass yet ignores the fact that US haven't really went after food, or basic livelihood items.

But for example, Russia has not a single bearings factory, let alone high speed/high temperature ones. They have to smuggle them all now, and they really struggle there.

Yes, USA saying that they will destroy Russian economy by depriving Russians of Iphones is of course dumb. You can live without Iphones, but you can't without bearings...

You can probably live without microchips, or you can try smuggling them, but you can't smuggle millions of high performance beatings, when there are less than 10 high performance bearings makers in the world. You go straight to iron age.

Besides bearings, there is similar situation with rubber, and elastomers. While Russia has tons of oil to make them, all the chemical technology feeding the industry world-wide is Western, or Japanese.

The US have not yet went for the jugular, because such obvious things like manganese, or copper products, lack of which would be a complete economic fatality for Russia, are still left untouched.

Last edited:
The endkampf at Kherson

Will be the last major battle.

Ukrainische Artilleristen feuern mit einer M777-Haubitze: »Wir haben präzisere Waffen und treffen mehr als sie«

Bild vergrößern
Ukrainische Artilleristen feuern mit einer M777-Haubitze: »Wir haben präzisere Waffen und treffen mehr als sie«

Foto: Gleb Garanich / REUTERS

Regarding this:
View attachment 893757

Do they mean HIMARS d estroyed in the field or HIMARS destroyed in the storage facilitiy? Russia must've destroyed some HIMARS in storage across Ukraine.. HIMARS cant save Ukraine in this war.

If you stupid enough to believe the Russian then you don't deserve to even have a brain.

:
The destruction of Ukrainian replicas may partly account for Russia’s unusually boastful battle damage assessments on Western artillery, particularly the U.S.-made High Mobility Artillery Rocket System, or HIMARS.

“They’ve claimed to have hit more HIMARS than we have even sent,” one U.S. diplomat observed.

but ever since Russia's Rouble got pegged to gold, the dollar has been yelling "WE DONT WANT NO SMOOOKEEE"...go look at hte stats, dollar isnt doing well against Rouble, shows that US sanctiosn are really toothless these days, especially if a country make smart counteracting economic moves, like Russia did with Gold.
Russia hasnt pegged the ruble to gold. The central bank announced it would buy gold at 5.000 ruble per gram back in march when the price was 6.000 ruble per gram. It was suspended in late april. Have a look at this chart showing the price of gold in Russia:
AB169E3F-CC04-4350-98E2-C21671AD6918.jpeg

So basically your whole argument is wrong.

Russia hasnt pegged the ruble to gold. The central bank announced it would buy gold at 5.000 ruble per gram back in march when the price was 6.000 ruble per gram. It was suspended in late april. Have a look at this chart showing the price of gold in Russia:
View attachment 893793
So basically your whole argument is wrong.
I compared the rouble to US dollars, now you're changed the argument to reflect gold prices in ROuble, that was not my argument, leave me alone, troll or argue my actual point. My point still stands! try again

I compared the rouble to US dollars, now you're changed the argument to reflect gold prices in ROuble, that was not my argument, leave me alone, troll or argue my actual point. My point still stands! try again
Your argument was based on the claim that russia pegged the ruble to gold. That is not true.
The ruble exchange rate is not determined by the free market, but driven by account inflows and required currency exchanges. Basically no money leaves Russia, besides what Putin and his minions are robbing from the country.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom