What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Well consider this

Is Shahed-136 Stealth?
Does Shahed-136 have counter meaasure?
Can Shahed-136 communicate with fighter?

If all the above answer is no, then it's a programmed A-B drone loaded with explosive, to be frank, it's the same as Food Delivery Drone just instead it deliver my Uber Eat, it deliver bombs payload....

There are report that Ukrainian ZSU intercepted 6 Shahed-136 drones in succession, so no, it is not really that expensive to deal with. I mean I don't think Shahed-136 can escape CIWS type weapon system that shoot 20mm round.

And I would say even Accomplished Drone such as Switchblade or TB-2 is not expensive at all to counter, it basically depends on how you can do it. You can either soft kill and hard kill any drone.
FYI, Javelin just got a software update that enables it kill cruise missiles and drones using stinger missiles. Twice the range of Stinger and significantly reduced time to lock targets.

A large-scale strike with the help of Geran-2 kamikaze drones was inflicted by the Russian army today on October 17. Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmyhal said that kamikaze drones had attacked energy facilities and critical infrastructure in Kyiv. The office of the energy company Ukrenergo was also hit by Russian Geran-2 drones.

Ukrainian army units on French VAB 4×4 armored vehicles with infantry on board came under attack from Russian artillery in the Kherson region. As a result of the attack, two VAB armored vehicles were destroyed. The video also shows another destroyed armored personnel carrier, but its type could not be determined.

In Germany, at one of the railway stations, self-propelled guns Panzerhaubitze 2000 were seen. As reported, an additional batch of self-propelled guns Panzerhaubitze 2000 is being prepared for shipment to Ukraine. Also, the Ukrainian army will receive a new batch of armored vehicles and other equipment. Earlier, several repaired self-propelled guns of the same type were returned from the Baltic States to Ukraine.

Not to mention allow the Ukrainians to be on par with the Russians in terms of such long range firepower. Currently the Russians have the advantage with long range cruise missiles and ballistic missiles and Ukrainians can barely hit back long range.

Question still remains if Biden is willing to give the Tomahawks or even ATACMs in response to Iranian missiles being provided. Biden probably even be slow to react. On the other issue, reverse engineering the Shahed 136 however simple it is and even cheap compared to Tomahawks and ATACMs, even easier for the Ukrainians if provided the tools and materials to make build them in large numbers to hit back against the Russians for long range attacks especially in Crimea. Hit Russian airbases in Ukrainian borders as well to force their helos and aircraft far back that the Russian forces on the ground will have even less air support, not to mention forcing the Russians to expend their expensive SAM missiles to shoot them down. Not to mention showing the Russians the consequences of targeting Ukraine's infrastructures with like powerplants.
Think Biden would be forced to send either Tomahawk or at least ATACMS (If Ukraine did not have it already) The Ukrainian is going to ask a lot of assistance on targetting launch spot for those drone and missile coming Ukrainian way,.

On the other hand, as I said before, why reverse engineer when you can put bombs on existing RC/Drone, it's cheaper and quicker that way, I assume a lot of hobbyist in Ukraine can help out with that.

FYI, Javelin just got a software update that enables it kill cruise missiles and drones using stinger missiles. Twice the range of Stinger and significantly reduced time to lock targets.

Stinger still too expensive, I would probably just install land base CIWS on high-risk spot. I don't think those flying lawn mower (Which is what the Ukrainian called them) can evade CIWS.

8th month of war in Ukraine, desperation plans on the Russian side, drones are used blindly against civilian targets, not on the battlefield.
An attempt at drone terrorism.
If this is how the Russian generals hope to win the war, then let them understand that they have already lost communicatively, morally and slowly, it can be seen on the battlefield, where the Ukrainians are liberating occupied territory.

8th month of war in Ukraine, desperation plans on the Russian side, drones are used blindly against civilian targets, not on the battlefield.
An attempt at drone terrorism.
If this is how the Russian generals hope to win the war, then let them understand that they have already lost communicatively, morally and slowly, it can be seen on the battlefield, where the Ukrainians are liberating occupied territory.
I believe those strikes are mostly PR for the russian population. They are reported and glorified as strikes on military infrastructure. Like “gloves are now off, Zar Putin is teaching Ukraine a lesson”. Again a miscalculation, the civilized west cant let this go by without increasing support for Ukraine.

Uk have large stocks of Rapier which is going out of service having been replaced by Sky Sabre. They should send all Rapier stocks to Ukraine. While Rapier is too obsolete for engaging high speed jets, it should be perfectly capable of bringing down these slow moving drones and also have a chance at interdicting cruise missiles. There is no reason for keeping them locked in warehouses in the UK when they could be saving civilian lives in Ukraine

I agree. Its actually weird that Western powers treated Russia more benovently than China despite Russia being far more belligerent and aggressive than China. I always wondered why. Maybe because China is a far away Adian country while Russia is still part of/very closed to Europe and emerged as one of the main suppliers of European energy/gas so European countries didnt want to get on their bad side.
Becos China has a higher probability of over taking western in economy ,technology , industries and leadership of the globe. While Russia despite being big sits on non futile land and non strategic places.

What would u do to try slow down or eliminate the bigger threat?

Think Biden would be forced to send either Tomahawk or at least ATACMS (If Ukraine did not have it already) The Ukrainian is going to ask a lot of assistance on targetting launch spot for those drone and missile coming Ukrainian way,.

On the other hand, as I said before, why reverse engineer when you can put bombs on existing RC/Drone, it's cheaper and quicker that way, I assume a lot of hobbyist in Ukraine can help out with that.

Stinger still too expensive, I would probably just install land base CIWS on high-risk spot. I don't think those flying lawn mower (Which is what the Ukrainian called them) can evade CIWS.
Well consider this

Is Shahed-136 Stealth?
Does Shahed-136 have counter meaasure?
Can Shahed-136 communicate with fighter?

If all the above answer is no, then it's a programmed A-B drone loaded with explosive, to be frank, it's the same as Food Delivery Drone just instead it deliver my Uber Eat, it deliver bombs payload....

There are report that Ukrainian ZSU intercepted 6 Shahed-136 drones in succession, so no, it is not really that expensive to deal with. I mean I don't think Shahed-136 can escape CIWS type weapon system that shoot 20mm round.

And I would say even Accomplished Drone such as Switchblade or TB-2 is not expensive at all to counter, it basically depends on how you can do it. You can either soft kill and hard kill any drone.

What do you think if before the war, Putin decided to buy license shahed-136 from Iran and produce 1 million units. (the cost of 1 unit is 20k USD, 1 million units is 20 billion USD)

With 1 million Shahed-136 if the war starts, can the Russians easily win this war? Could it save time, less bloodshed, and be less expensive?

I think 20 billion dollars for 1 million units of Shahed-136 is acceptable, because the current loss of Russia (including soldiers, weapons....) is several hundred billion dollars.

Last edited:
Ukraine has lost the war. Fate of Ukraine will be partition and major powers are preparing for it. I estimate Ukraine being a 40 million nation, loss 10 million as per today as refuges. Loss to Europe is about 7.5 millions. I estimate at 2.5 millions loss to Russia are not registered as refuges but as legal residence,

The profile of refuges bode disaster for Ukraine. 90% are young women and children. That means Ukraine man has no one to fk now.

And unlike Islam refuges, EU see Ukraine refuges as jackpot strike (a bunch of young women and children) and open a fast track for their naturalization.

Eventually their husbands and boyfriend will follow, now that their woman got Switzerland or Norway citizenship. 10 more millions most vital and smart people will migrate.

Ukraine is doom.

View attachment 887181

View attachment 887182

Jackpot immigration? Including neo Nazi, criminal or sex pervert?

What do you think if before the war, Putin decided to buy license shahed-136 from Iran and produce 1 million units. (the cost of 1 unit is 20k USD, 1 million units is 20 billion USD)

With 1 million Shahed-136 if the war starts, can the Russians easily win this war? Could it save time, less bloodshed, and be less expensive?

I think 20 billion dollars for 1 million units of Shahed-136 is acceptable, because the current loss of Russia (including soldiers, weapons....) is several hundred billion dollars.
First of all, if Russia really do buy 1 million shahed drone, it wouldn't make much of a different after they had used around 10,000-20,000. Shahed is not a wonder weapon where Ukrainian cannot intercept. By the time Russia used 10,000 of those, the Ukrainian would probably already find a way to neutralise those drone capability. The more you use a single weapon platform, the more your enemy will be able to adapted to it. It's like Turkey TB-2 Drone, it would make an impact when it was brand new, but 3 to 4 months down the road, Russia had adapted the use of TB-2 and it's effectiveness had largely decreased since then, not saying it will not be useful after that certain amount, but rather it would most likely lose the edge.

Second of all, Shahed Drone is what we called strategic weapon, which mean it will not change the tactical situation, ie what happening in the field, which would be a problem if Ukraine is a peer or near peer enemy with Russia, the problem is, you can hit as many Civilian Target or Industrial Target you want, the weapon weren't there, because it is the west that's backing Ukraine with weapon. The only way to make a strategic different is to send those drones to EU arms factory or arms depot and destroy those before it got ship to Ukraine, otherwise weapon and munition would just keep on coming.

During WW2, the only reason why Allied started strategic bombing is to pin down Germany Weapon and Resource (like Oil Refinery or ball bearing factory) production capability, training ground or marshalling area, but that is not the case in Ukraine, as they produce almost no war material in Ukraine, and most troop weren't train inside Ukraine and was protected by the West.

Becos China has a higher probability of over taking western in economy ,technology , industries and leadership of the globe. While Russia despite being big sits on non futile land and non strategic places.

What would u do to try slow down or eliminate the bigger threat?
No...
1666013507663.png

Most of Chinese advancement in tech uses Western & Taiwan techs to achieve it. If you got cut off. China can't be a leader in anything.

Why do you think Xi Jinping backs off when the West demands China not to support Russia?

Notable example being Huawei.

Once again, the Iranian drones were used for terror bombing
Retaliate by dropping packages of small arms in tehran & other cities in Iran.

Last edited:
The key is quantity. Ukraine has no answer if massive quantity of Iranian drone flooded Ukraine sky. But then, Iranian drone is LOS. You cannot go very deep beyond no man land.

I am not sure whether the quntity is high enough.
Ukraine needs Iron Dome.
The Jews are best trained and have means against suicide attacks.

Back
Top Bottom