What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Indeed, of course this is much more expensive than 500$ but I see your point.

The ultimate solution to this problem (which will be a international problem), is probably some Aerostat that can shoot lasers. Would be most cost effective and would be protected by other ground based systems, this is something I think Israel will work towards as they already have parts of this completed.

If Israel sends David Sling to Ukraine, while being a super expensive solution, will likely handle this problem well.

CIWS point defense systems. Cheap enough to deploy over wide areas... can PHALANX CIWS aboard navy ships be made for land use they would be very effective weapon against drones ?

You really should get more involved in RC world, honestly it will amaze you how advance RC is today.

I'm aware and respect the work these guys have done here, but Shahed-136 is a more than just a simple RC plane with explosives and pre-programmed flight path. The Russians are not using them at their full potential, probably due to lack of training time. Learn on the job I guess.

Don't get me wrong, it is not some super weapon at all, but on a conceptual level it exploits almost every conceivable vulnerability that AD have today, enhanced by tech growth, it has and will be very dangerous and expensive for any country to deal with including Iran.

Who wouldnt VOTE yes to become part of an autocracy, right? Speaking russian doesnt mean those people are idiots.
As if Ukraine are better off? No Russian want to be slaughter by other race. Yes, just becos they speak Russian. They want to be with Russia.

CIWS point defense systems. Cheap enough to deploy over wide areas... can PHALANX CIWS aboard navy ships be made for land use they would be very effective weapon against drones ?
Phalanx is a solid solution to deploy on Government rooftops, it should be able to deal with these systems. Shaheed's need to fly high to avoid hitting building it doesn't intend too. But they are not cheap, and can really only be used a extremely short ranged defense of critical infrastructure. You would need alot of them to cover a large city like Kiev.

Most military targets are not even this far North, so you are really diverting critical AD to defend civilians, when they should be defending important logistical hubs, and depots, electrical infrastructure etc..

Personally I like the Gepard due to its mobility, but it's engagement range, is not useful for anything other than point defense, and if it wants to operate to protect frontline equipment, it will put itself in range of artillery. Such risks may need to be taken if Russia starts using Iranian UCAVs

The Democrats in the US need a TV Ad called: Putin Manipulation.

In Europe and America: social, economic and political unrest is being fueled by Putin and Putin is fanning the flames. To have Democrats lose in the US. To have Social Democrats lose in Europe.

Due to Putins effort, inflation is double digit in much of Europe. The expectation is Putin supporters in Europe would grow with economic and social unrest, a Russian coup.

Putin is manipulating you, not to help you. To ruin enemies of Russia. To turn the US and Europe into Russian-style autocratic criminal states, owned by cia linked Chabad, cia linked Russian Mafia and other cia linked criminals.

Most of the entire globe is experiencing inflation. Putin wants to hide this and make it seem your anti-Putin politician is to blame for the inflation. "Your neo-liberal mayor is to blame for inflation", says the Putinite. Their only solution "is for you to vote in Trumpers and Putinites puppets of the deepstate into your mayoral seat."

The same Russian Republicans that want the EU to crash, cheer for Russia in Ukraine, cheer for Russia defeating the EU... are the Russian Republicans that blame Putins pipeline explosion on Biden. Russian Republicans blame the explosion on the enemy of Russian Republicans and Putin - Biden.

True statement: "NATO is being attacked economically, socially and politically. Russia wants to destroy NATO Europe. The pipeline was helping to save the NATO economy."

Question: "Then who did the attack on the pipeline"

Russian Republican Troll: "NATO"

Russian Republicans oppose NATO, oppose the Democrats, so they blame Democrats.

NATO chief said Europe cannot defend from Russia, Europe needs the US. So the Russian Republicans want to abandon Europe to Russia.

Meaning those that support Putin are also Trumpers and Tucker Carlsonites. It is the cia plot destroy rivals, Russian Republicans using puppet Putin.
Saudi and Russia both hate Biden to core. They want this stupid senile old man dead.

Russians wrote "For Belgorod" on the tail wing, knowing they break off almost intact post-explosion.

1665995003213.png

No its not like that at all. I have a whole thread on this.

NATO; Guided Ballistic Missiles, Tactical Rockets.

*Iran sends the same class weapons*

Iran: "Terror Rockets".

You do realize how childish you sound right?
You do realize that giving a gun to a hunter or a serial killer is a different moral thing?

Russia committed ethnic cleansing, annexation war, and used previous iranian weapons for strikes against civilian infrastructure. Iran is now piling weapons in their hands.

How can Iranians see themselves as just and pious while acting the same as the worst of the USA hawk/radical right?

You do realize that giving a gun to a hunter or a serial killer is a different moral thing?

Russia committed ethnic cleansing, annexation war, and used previous iranian weapons for strikes against civilian infrastructure. Iran is now piling weapons in their hands.

How can Iranians see themselves as just and pious while acting the same as the worst of the USA hawk/radical right?
Personally I was against supporting Russia due to several years of getting screwed over by them. I don’t make these decisions.

If you want to know how decisions are made, frankly speaking the leadership in Iran has no geostrategic benefit here other than ensuring Russia does not break its back in Ukraine. Iran does not want NATO to break Russia completely at which point it’s focus would probably go to Iran. In many ways, Iran wants NATO to stay busy here. And since Nato is the enemy, it becomes justified.

Since Iran is under heavy sanctions from Europe, it has no incentive not to support Russia for monetary gain. For Iran to pass up the monetary gain that it needs to the benefit of Europe which sanctions it doesn’t seem logical. These decisions start to make more sense under these conditions.

Again, not my way of thinking

Wow

Putin invasion army breaks the US record.

The world’s second best army Russia lost more men in 8 months than the US army in 10 years in Vietnam.

If adding the number of wounded, usually 5x deaths, Russia has 325,000 wounded.

I'm aware and respect the work these guys have done here, but Shahed-136 is a more than just a simple RC plane with explosives and pre-programmed flight path. The Russians are not using them at their full potential, probably due to lack of training time. Learn on the job I guess.

Don't get me wrong, it is not some super weapon at all, but on a conceptual level it exploits almost every conceivable vulnerability that AD have today, enhanced by tech growth, it has and will be very dangerous and expensive for any country to deal with including Iran.
Well consider this

Is Shahed-136 Stealth?
Does Shahed-136 have counter meaasure?
Can Shahed-136 communicate with fighter?

If all the above answer is no, then it's a programmed A-B drone loaded with explosive, to be frank, it's the same as Food Delivery Drone just instead it deliver my Uber Eat, it deliver bombs payload....

There are report that Ukrainian ZSU intercepted 6 Shahed-136 drones in succession, so no, it is not really that expensive to deal with. I mean I don't think Shahed-136 can escape CIWS type weapon system that shoot 20mm round.

And I would say even Accomplished Drone such as Switchblade or TB-2 is not expensive at all to counter, it basically depends on how you can do it. You can either soft kill and hard kill any drone.

Personally I was against supporting Russia due to several years of getting screwed over by them. I don’t make these decisions.

If you want to know how decisions are made, frankly speaking the leadership in Iran has no geostrategic benefit here other than ensuring Russia does not break its back in Ukraine. Iran does not want NATO to break Russia completely at which point it’s focus would probably go to Iran. In many ways, Iran wants NATO to stay busy here. And since Nato is the enemy, it becomes justified.

Since Iran is under heavy sanctions from Europe, it has no incentive not to support Russia for monetary gain. For Iran to pass up the monetary gain that it needs to the benefit of Europe which sanctions it doesn’t seem logical. These decisions start to make more sense under these conditions.

Again, not my way of thinking
Fair reply. I understand the geopolitical reasons, my post was more against some iranian posters who act like iran is a innocent poor victim.

Geopolitically i think it is the wrong move as well. These weapons will not change the tide….iran is in a very isolated and select list of russia supporters and many Nato countries will not forget.

Apart from alienating others and not changing the battlefield reality, they also caused more Nato support to ukraine with anti-air and anti-drone. And Irans weapons and strategies in ukraine will be under eyes of Nato intelligence, to test and improve their anti-drone defenses and doctrines vs Iran.

Technology downgrade yes, but the higher technology Javelin already destroyed up to a 1000 of the contemporary current model tanks. If Russians are bringing in older T62s, why not resort to the older technology that was designed for the T62 era. Why waste a Javelin for that
simple , javelin , fire and forget . Tow , fire and keep the lock on target. put the operator in danger and need more expertise to operate

There are report that Ukrainian ZSU intercepted 6 Shahed-136 drones in succession, so no, it is not really that expensive to deal with. I mean I don't think Shahed-136 can escape CIWS type weapon system that shoot 20mm round.

Ukraine needs Turkish KORKUT SPAAG with 35mm airburst ammunition ( range of 4 km ) to intercept Shahed-136 Drones so easily

Mobile and cost effective fire power to protect Ukrainian Forces and critical facilities from Shahed-136 kamikaze Drones

Last edited:
Russia striking civilian infrastructure in Ukraine using drones doesnt change a thing at the frontline. But still, they need alot of dedicated point defence systems to combat those attacks. Maybe the solution would be to supply Ukraine with the same amount of drones or missiles and give them carte blanche to retaliate against Moscow..

Ukraine needs Turkish KORKUT SPAAG with 35mm airburst ammunition ( range of 4 km ) to intercept Shahed-136 Drones so easly

Mobile and cost effective fire power to protect Ukrainian Forces and critical facilities from kamikaze Drones

This is basically a Gepard. Problem is no one seems to have any to spare.

Ukraine needs alot of these, rotating positions around key areas they want to protect from drone or cruise missile attacks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom