What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

This would probably unlock Ukraine own request for US or Western made Cruise Missile. The West has already fast-tracking AA system that was pussyfooted since May, if Iran really do supply those missiles to Russia, US and NATO may supply ATACMS or even Tomahawk missile in good quantity to Ukraine to target those launch site.

Ukraine has been wanting to get them since March, that would be a bad move for Russia.
Not to mention allow the Ukrainians to be on par with the Russians in terms of such long range firepower. Currently the Russians have the advantage with long range cruise missiles and ballistic missiles and Ukrainians can barely hit back long range.

I would not reverse engineer Shahed 136, if I do need that capability, I will just probably send them Tomahawk missile.

On the other handm Shahed 136 is really simple, basically it's a RC Plane loaded with explosive pre-program to fly and dive into their target, I don't think you need much to reverse engineer those drone.
Question still remains if Biden is willing to give the Tomahawks or even ATACMs in response to Iranian missiles being provided. Biden probably even be slow to react. On the other issue, reverse engineering the Shahed 136 however simple it is and even cheap compared to Tomahawks and ATACMs, even easier for the Ukrainians if provided the tools and materials to make build them in large numbers to hit back against the Russians for long range attacks especially in Crimea. Hit Russian airbases in Ukrainian borders as well to force their helos and aircraft far back that the Russian forces on the ground will have even less air support, not to mention forcing the Russians to expend their expensive SAM missiles to shoot them down. Not to mention showing the Russians the consequences of targeting Ukraine's infrastructures with like powerplants.

Last edited:
West supposedly “hypocrites” but this thread is full of russian cheerleaders trying to justify ethnic cleansing while claiming to be beacon of morality.
Somehow US/Israel faults justify ukrainian civilians being raped and murdered by russia….

Oh so moral iran now shipping terror rockets.
Though that fits with their regular MO as worldwide terror supporting pariah state

basically it's a RC Plane loaded with explosive pre-program to fly and dive into their target,
No its not like that at all. I have a whole thread on this.

Oh so moral iran now shipping terror rockets.
NATO; Guided Ballistic Missiles, Tactical Rockets.

*Iran sends the same class weapons*

Iran: "Terror Rockets".

You do realize how childish you sound right?

all i can say is you don't really know much about RC planes

Depends how they use these rockets or missiles. If Russia has no intention striking military targets, but just civilian infrastructure, then it is terror. These last bombing campaigns were just meant to punish Ukraine in generel. I would say that is terror bombing.
Im sure Russia would define missile strikes in Moscow as terror.

Depends how they use these rockets or missiles. If Russia has no intention striking military targets, but just civilian infrastructure, then it is terror. These last bombing campaigns were just meant to punish Ukraine in generel. I would say that is terror bombing.
Fair enough, of course I have no idea how they will use them, some are claiming residential areas/apartment was hit today, unless their was a navigational issue (which is possible), then I would agree, the attacks would be terror bombing.

Iranian drones are easily brought down by electronics warfare as well. But when EW units is not deploy this drones can easy give big harm.

I guess in future EW sidekick is a must for infantry.

They work very effectively. They are cheap and unleashed in mass quantities it overwhelms. They have good range but the price makes them excellent and extremely useful. Ukraine has not had an answer for them.

They work very effectively. They are cheap and unleashed in mass quantities it overwhelms. They have good range but the price makes them excellent and extremely useful. Ukraine has not had an answer for them.

The key is quantity. Ukraine has no answer if massive quantity of Iranian drone flooded Ukraine sky. But then, Iranian drone is LOS. You cannot go very deep beyond no man land.

I am not sure whether the quntity is high enough.

The key is quantity. Ukraine has no answer if massive quantity of Iranian drone flooded Ukraine sky. But then, Iranian drone is LOS. You cannot go very deep beyond no man land.

If the story did not make it clear, these are not super drones with advance avoidance technology and/or stealth. Nor are they high tech fast and maneuverable. What they are though is plentiful and cheap enough to send them in to cause more damage than the cost of the drone. The Iranian drone peddler’s here seemed to make it seem like these were wunderweapons.

Yes, and they can also be directed by other Recon UAVs as part of an group. Compatible Recon UAVs act as a relay, and the eyes of the UAS and can update it's target. If the UAS is well beyond communication range then it is likely used in pre-programmed flight mode. The IAI Harop exacts exactly in this way, as both search & destroy UAV and pre-programable UAS, in this case, Iran has cut back on the cost of the UAS by give the search responsibility to another UAV, and the destroy responsibility to the Shaheed, thereby saving on the optics. This also allows them to operate as a network, rather than individual units.

advance avoidance technology and/or stealth
It has some basic anti-jam ability, but nothing special or worldclass.

It has a very low IR signature, and honeycomb RAM inside, you can see images of the wreckages. If it had no stealth, it would've been downed by the plentiful shorad they have around the capital. Obviously SARH SAMs have a difficult times with this system. What Ukraine would need is ARH based missiles like David Sling.

Yes, and they can also be directed by other Recon UAVs as part of an group. Compatible Recon UAVs act as a relay, and the eyes of the UAS and can update it's target. If the UAS is well beyond communication range then it is likely used in pre-programmed flight mode. The IAI Harop exacts exactly in this way, as both search & destroy UAV and pre-programable UAS, in this case, Iran has cut back on the cost of the UAS by give the search responsibility to another UAV, and the destroy responsibility to the Shaheed, thereby saving on the optics. This also allows them to operate as a network, rather than individual units.

It has some basic anti-jam ability, but nothing special or worldclass.

It has a very low IR signature, and honeycomb RAM inside, you can see images of the wreckages. If it had no stealth, it would've been downed by the plentiful shorad they have around the capital. Obviously SARH SAMs have a difficult times with this system. What Ukraine would need is ARH based missiles like David Sling.

Which is the future - cheap mass produced drones can overwhelm the most sophisticated defences.

The answer would be firing $1 million dollar missiles at $500 drones - you soon run out of money on the wrong end of that equation - even if you're the US!

Which is the future - cheap mass produced drones can overwhelm the most sophisticated defences.

The answer would be firing $1 million dollar missiles at $500 drones - you soon run out of money on the wrong end of that equation - even if you're the US!
Indeed, of course this is much more expensive than 500$ but I see your point.

The ultimate solution to this problem (which will be a international problem), is probably some Aerostat that can shoot lasers. Would be most cost effective and would be protected by other ground based systems, this is something I think Israel will work towards as they already have parts of this completed.

If Israel sends David Sling to Ukraine, while being a super expensive solution, will likely handle this problem well.

Back
Top Bottom