What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

@jhungary

With the Russians escalating, and gloves off, the U.S. should provide them with ATACMs and long range loitering munitions with a big punch. Not the short range less collateral damage front line versions. Heck the Iranians provided the newest loitering munition that came out last year and doing damage, which I have warned and mentioned that the Ukrainians needed more air defense and EW. The U.S. and other countries or maybe through a third party should provide those type of munitions way earlier on but with the escalation going on, should provide them now. Wouldn't worry about the proliferation of the loitering munition since many countries have them even Russia now. Heck Hezbollah has them as well. Either the U.S. helps provide it, or the Ukrainians will find a way, maybe even get ahold of the Iranian version and start using them on Russian soil since its not an American weapon. Long range weapon with about 2000km range from what I'm seeing.

If the US arms Ukraine with ATACMS then China arms Russia with DF-17. Two can play the arms race game.

And to some degree, I think Biden was weak because people criticize how he handle the Afghanistan drawn down.
Well instead of trying to avoid that repeat, he's doing it wrong with slow decisions and fear of the consequences that made people think he is weak. If he wants to look strong, suppose to help Ukraine win quickly.

ukraine-political-map.jpg

All of Kherson, Zaporizhia, Donetsk, Luhanks, and Kharkiv. Kharkiv was suppose to be part of it but you saw what happened. So they have to speed up the other 4 regions.

Russias plans for November "referendum" in Kharkiv region revealed: 75% were supposed to vote to join Russia​

Ukraine doesn't have Crimea anymore. Deduction 2 million people. Back to year 1940 population.

If the US arms Ukraine with ATACMS then China arms Russia with DF-17. Two can play the arms race game.
Why would Russia need that when they have their own Iskander? Ukraine benefits more because they have are more on par now before without ATACMS.

Why would Russia need that when they have their own Iskander? Ukraine benefits more because they have are more on par now before without ATACMS.

China is not in INF treaty which limits land based missile range to 500 km. DF-17 has 2000 km range. American and Russian missiles cannot exceed 500 km because they are in INF treaty.

China is not in INF treaty which limits land based missile range to 500 km. DF-17 has 2000 km range. American and Russian missiles cannot exceed 500 km because they are in INF treaty.
They were in INF Treaty. The U.S. plans to have 500 plus km range missile and plans to extend it even further. Same for the Russians. For Ukraine's situation, the 300km range missile is sufficient for the war.

@jhungary

With the Russians escalating, and gloves off, the U.S. should provide them with ATACMs and long range loitering munitions with a big punch. Not the short range less collateral damage front line versions. Heck the Iranians provided the newest loitering munition that came out last year and doing damage, which I have warned and mentioned that the Ukrainians needed more air defense and EW. The U.S. and other countries or maybe through a third party should provide those type of munitions way earlier on but with the escalation going on, should provide them now. Wouldn't worry about the proliferation of the loitering munition since many countries have them even Russia now. Heck Hezbollah has them as well. Either the U.S. helps provide it, or the Ukrainians will find a way, maybe even get ahold of the Iranian version and start using them on Russian soil since its not an American weapon. Long range weapon with about 2000km range from what I'm seeing.
Well, all I can say is this.

While Ukraine fought like NATO, but then Ukraine did not have the standard and quality of NATO, that mean whatever we do in the US or UK, Ukraine may not be able to copy exactly, which is for me, that's a good thing, because this war happen in Ukraine, and they know their backyard like it's their backyard, so they should be the one that dictate how this war is being prosecuted. I am pretty sure NATO, especially US and UK have given a lot of advice as to how they can profit from the ground (Not like making money profit, but gain upper hand) but at the end of the day, They should and better to fight the Ukrainian way.

From what I am seeing, they are doing what I predict at the beginning of the war, not sure if you had remembered when this started, we talked about what can Ukraine capitalise on the supply line during the 40 mile convoy, and I am saying they should have formed a mobile Armor brigade and do hit and run, that's what they are doing at the moment. They are attacking the center of gravity and try to push with speed and mobility, that's what get them going. That's because Russia would perfer a static set piece fight, so it's best for Ukraine not give that to the Russian. Which mean Area Denial weapon are mostly pointless in this offensive because that would limit the scope to where you get AA coverage.

If this was the US, we will own the sky and speed run the battlefield. Much like how Alexander the Great uses their cavalry, Ukraine is trying to replicate that but without Air Support, which itself is a gamble, because this would not have worked if Russia had Air Superiority.

Did confederates have HIMARS? or satellites?

Ukraine didnt join NATO, so all is well. NATO had to expand because the people in Eastern Europe had enough of Russian rule and waiting in line for toilet paper. They said no more.

You are sure they are more advanced? you wold be right!

The fastest way to end the war is to stop arming Ukraine and Arm Russia with HIAMRS and military intelligence. If your aim is to end the wart quickly.

A full nuclear first strike by USA, will probably be successful, I am sure it can be won without Russia being able to retaliate in a meaningful way. I think this has always been the case. in the last 20 years americas ability to do this is increased may times over. It would be all over in 45 minutes if a decision is made. US has classified tech that we odnt know much about., but I know for a fact they can sink every Russian submarine almost simultaneously. They know where the silos are, and nuke armed butler busters can take them out, they show where the airfields and bombers are and they track mobile launchers with those micro satlltelites.

I think US will not do this as they are saving this capability for China. Once the Chinese see what US can do, the element of surprise is gone in the future. So they wont be striking russia with nukes.

I think they will just isolate russia it if uses nukes and maybe sink their navy and say the ukrnaians did it.

The issue probably wont be solved in our lifetime. It will require a regime change in Russia. West will need to win a second Cold War. It will be a frozen conflict.

Canada will defend itself against any hostile foreign population that has received Canadian passports recently. Have no worry about that.

Australia can already take their citizzneship away if they act for a foreign power. And if people have to be rounded up, trust me the local population can't wait.
Why do You think that the US will spare China, when retaliating against a Russian nuclear attack?
China, Iran, North Korea goes at the same time, and the list is longer than that.

Could be that the Europeans are waiting for the U.S. to take the plunge before sending their own tanks. Hopefully the Biden administration make up their mind quick before the winter for next year.
I would think Europe will send their tanks first, because that's the closest, it can be there faster.

When we send them the tank, it would be superior in number, maybe around 200-300 in a shipment.

Back
Top Bottom