What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

The long term plan is still on arming Ukraine with western made weapons. But the short term is giving the Ukrainian combloc weapons. Because that's what they are used to and because there's parts for it everywhere east of the berlin wall.

Maybe we see the Ukrainian armed with Leopard 2 next years or the years after that. But for now Ukraine have to be satisfied with what they get.
Well, they did send M55S, an upgraded T-55 to Ukraine.

That would open the door to NATO tanks, but then it's a small number of M55 getting thru.

I was talking to one of my friends today, he was a retired Lt Col. He said the M55 uses the same guns with most NATO 80s weapons. The L7 105mm Rifled Main Gun. which would undoubtedly open the door to many older NATO weapon including M60 Patton Tanks, Centurion and Challenger 1, Leopard 1 and the M1128 Mobile Gun System. There are a lot of surplus platforms on those.

Yeah I know but I wrote what should be done with Soviet classics when you have the time for that.
Ukries had good projects too before the war, sadly they have the same blood-sucking-parasites as company owners like in Russia. :D
lol, like pimp my ride for those soviet tank??

Leopard 2 only has conventional rounds. Against T-90M it is sitting duck. T-90M is armed with AT-11 Sniper missiles which have twice the range of Leopard 2's conventional round.

You are talking so much non-sense, it's unbelievable.
The Russians can't even produce something on their own without western tech.
T-90M has still 4km/h reverse-speed haha.
And you are the perfect example why you need hard immigration test with option to kick leeches out of country.
T-90 mod. 1992 = T-72BU but because of marketing reasons = T-90.
T-90M is much better ture, but Turkish Leopard 2A4 which even had not late 80s/early 90s type c armour and were used very noobish aren't a fully upgraded Leopard 2 too. ;)
You know Germans could EASILY upgrade all their Leo2 to a completely new machine...
Germans have 2 own APS, the fastest of the world, even against top down attack and the best passive addon armour too.
T-90M have same weakness of penetrator lenght of their APFSDS rounds cause autoloader can only be loaded with such lenghts.
SLOW HEAT gun-ATGM :D can even be dodged by Chinese dog-flesh transporter.

That would open the door to NATO tanks, but then it's a small number of M55 getting thru.

I was talking to one of my friends today, he was a retired Lt Col. He said the M55 uses the same guns with most NATO 80s weapons. The L7 105mm Rifled Main Gun. which would undoubtedly open the door to many older NATO weapon including M60 Patton Tanks, Centurion and Challenger 1, Leopard 1 and the M1128 Mobile Gun System. There are a lot of surplus platforms on those.

Challenger 1 hadn't 105 :D
Even the predecessor, the Chieftain had the L11A5...
Royal Ordnance L11A5, main variant.
L30A1 = Challi 2.

Yeah, give me Germans, Americans, British, French or any other western style forces with best upgraded SOVIET equipment and they will kick ***.
It's mostly the soldiers/officer-corps especially...
Sure, soviet goldies have (like everything) their weakness, even more so than others but it's the user.

I would say bless the Israeli but F those guys for being MIA so long in the war. But to quote "Dozle Zabi" from the Gundam series "five used Rick Dom are better than one cutting edge mobile suit."

But M55 are probably more advanced than most Ukrainian tank stock (not including captured T-90M) So it's an important force multiplier nonetheless. Wish the west can send more like Sheridan or Patton.

Turkey have a nice stock of old tanks especially the Sabra. That can so some damage to Russian tanks.

Yeah, give me Germans, Americans, British, French or any other western style forces with best upgraded SOVIET equipment and they will kick ***.
It's mostly the soldiers/officer-corps especially...
Sure, soviet goldies have (like everything) their weakness, even more so than others but it's the user.
It really depends.

There are good and bad on jury rigging stuff. The good thing is you patch their weakness with those upgrade, the bad thing is you don't know how it will perform until you use them in battle.

I personally believe the original manufacturer have the best spec, which mean upgrade usually come up with second best, but that's just me.

I would say bless the Israeli but F those guys for being MIA so long in the war. But to quote "Dozle Zabi" from the Gundam series "five used Rick Dom are better than one cutting edge mobile suit."

But M55 are probably more advanced than most Ukrainian tank stock (not including captured T-90M) So it's an important force multiplier nonetheless. Wish the west can send more like Sheridan or Patton.

Turkey have a nice stock of old tanks especially the Sabra. That can so some damage to Russian tanks.
Well, Israeli try to play both side but then it probably just got too hard for them to keep supporting Russia.

M55 probably is better stock than most 70s and 80s soviet tank Ukrainian have. It is on par with early-stage Abrams or L2.

As for Sheridan and Patton, US have hundred of them in Sierra Army Depot, they are going to need some work before they can be used but that is not an impossible task, they should have transfer those to Ukraine ASAP and ask country like Turkey, Israel, Egypt or even Taiwan to transfer their upgraded Patton Stock in exchange for maybe US depoted M1 Abrams.

Well, Israeli try to play both side but then it probably just got too hard for them to keep supporting Russia.

M55 probably is better stock than most 70s and 80s soviet tank Ukrainian have. It is on par with early-stage Abrams or L2.

As for Sheridan and Patton, US have hundred of them in Sierra Army Depot, they are going to need some work before they can be used but that is not an impossible task, they should have transfer those to Ukraine ASAP and ask country like Turkey, Israel, Egypt or even Taiwan to transfer their upgraded Patton Stock in exchange for maybe US depoted M1 Abrams.

Taiwan may supply tanks to Ukraine but Turkey, Israel, Egypt won't. They have good relation with Russia and see Russia as a more important market than Ukraine because Russia has 4 times the population of Ukraine.

Back
Top Bottom