What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Ask Trump. Third time I said this, Trump pull the deal out by himself, it was neither needed or wanted. I don't know why he did that but I can guess, because he is losing in the poll and the only thing he say he will do but didn't is to pull troop off Afghanistan,

Trump leave when we are in the middle of Resolute Support, Taliban activities were minimum during 2017, 2018, and 2019, so much so Trump's own National Security Advisor deem it is safe enough to transfer sensitive Military Article to Afghanistan, that's where the Blackhawk, Little Bird were signed to Afghanistan, and even deals with Boeing to sell Chinook to the Afghan.

Either the Trump's NSA team were shit, or got paid to do that, or it's really that safe to do so, the spike only come after Doha Agreement and after the Troop draw down. That's lead to increase Taliban Activities, not the other way around.

As for whether or not Taliban is capable fighting, name me one FOB, COB that was overrun by Taliban. I am not even asking you to name regional command base or big base like KAF or Bastion. Small FOB and COB only, name me some of them being overrun by Taliban?

There is virtually no way for them to take Bakhmut, they had tried that since July when they took Lysychansk, even if they somehow manage to take it, that would be moot because once Ukrainian took Svatove and Sieverodonetsk, and they will because the Russia is abandoning the line there, they can just isolate and encircle Bakhmut had they lost them, making that push pointless.
Perfect opportunity
Ukraine army can finish the Wagner.
Let’s them coming.

By the way, I think Trump's smartest decision was to leave Afghanistan. You cannot force people to change. If they want to live in the Middle Ages, let them do so. As long as they don't interfere with others.
And who is going to enforce that? You?

When Afghanistan hosted Al Qaeda, whose ideology and intents are well known, that constituted interference in other countries' affairs. And it looks like Afghanistan under the Taliban is returning to that relationship.

Finally, first you commented that Afghanistan belongs in another thread, but then you commented on Afghanistan that everyone know would likely compel responses. Looks like you just cannot help yourself.

Well, if they start recruiting from Prison, I will say they are already finished......
Criminals, sex convicts. Now they even seek recruits in mental hospitals.
That is the new multipolar world Putin dreams of. China is happy in joining because it seeks a new democracic order as well.

And yet, it is usually not Americans who brought up Afghanistan in other threads...:lol:

Looks like Ukrainians are fiercer fighters than the Taliban. The Ukrainians are actually planning and executing combat operations while the Taliban hid in caves and among civilians waiting for Americans to get tired of being away from home.
The motivation is different......

For the Ukrainian, their motivation is not to see Russian in their land for any second they do not need to.

For the Taliban, their motivation is to sit in the cave for 20 years and hope that one day the occupier would elect a selfish president and got bored and go home.

Criminals, sex convicts. Now they even seek recruits in mental hospitals.
That is the new multipolar world Putin dreams of. China is happy in joining because it seeks a new democracic order as well.
Well, I would watch my back if I was a Russian if they start recruiting from mental hospital, I mean these people are really crazy, like REALLY Crazy.......

The motivation is different......

For the Ukrainian, their motivation is not to see Russian in their land for any second they do not need to.

For the Taliban, their motivation is to sit in the cave for 20 years and hope that one day the occupier would elect a selfish president and got bored and go home.

Well, I would watch my back if I was a Russian if they start recruiting from mental hospital, I mean these people are really crazy, like REALLY Crazy.......

Ridiculous narrative there is no charity in wars.. If you allow an enemy to stay they will settle forever. Look at British India for reference.

Nobody has ever occupied Afghanistan nor Colony era happened there neither because they made it hell for anyone who came in.. There was fighting everyday in Afghanistan. It was just under-reported for obvious reasons but the Taliban controlled 40% of afghanistan for like 15+ years in the 20 year war.. Until the otherside burned thru 20 trillion USD in the war of attrition.

Even for the US printing capability this was to much spend on an empty backward they had no intention of using that much money.. Afghan-US war is the most expensive war in history..

The Soviet union didn't collapse in Afghanistan out of fluke..

Ukraine is not Afghanistan they will not push out Russia and will likely settle for a ceasefire and release the eastern part to Russia.. Plus Russia ain't collasping in Ukraine they simply are not Afghans.

They don't have the consistency.. 1st year, 2nd year , 4th year etc etc that is not when fatigue sets in but in the 5th to 8th year the enemy will start to lose resolve you just keep up the consistency. The Afghans know how to break an Enemies resolve slowly. They all have limits.

Last edited:
There you go with the population crap again. Israel has brought to knees all its arab neighbors in every war (4 countries). China was useless against Vietnam, a fraction of its size.

Muslim Moghuls were outnumbered by Hindus 10 to 1 and ruled them for 100s of years.

And all these years, China was useless against Taiwan (50s, 60s, 70s, 80s)
Get this stupid concept out of your head.

Sage analysis of using older armaments in the war here so replinishing from these countries.

Air Force however is not using vintage: they are using all current front-line aircraft (or were before they stopped). Why the inconsistency?

And this is a doomed war if you go in using your backward weapons: what are Russians saving their newer weapons for? Fighting Finland?

And lastly, they must have a weakness in their industrial capacity to replenish their newer ones if they are choosing to preserve them.
Ur right the wars of today are technology orientated which means not much manpower needed
But still in a prolonged warfare one would need young population to fight

I saw the pattern of limited usage of air force for airstrikes. Could be due to the factor of having limited numbers of good fighters on Russian side and expectation that NATO could intervene. Yes they have many weaknesses but not enough to make remarks that they are lacking in ammunition or so. The way media is portraying and there is already new thread that Russians have no to very low stockpile left of cruise missiles. if you check defense industry of N.Korea they make plenty of these 152mm shells and Russian Artillery comprises of 152mm a lot. even new 155mm artillery has compatibility with 152mm. If I was Russian and in control of arms procurement then I would have bought additional artillery from friendlies as insurance.

what are Russians saving their newer weapons for?

Well obviously NATO intervention at full scale. Plus, the fact that the true estimation of end of war shouldnt be less than 3 to 5 years.
It’s just math. During heavy fightings in summer Russia artillery fires on average 60,000 shells per day. That includes missiles. Or 1.8 million per month. 5.4 million 3 months. Even Russia has mountains of ammo at some point they run out of ammo. Why’s difficult to understand?

It’s just math. During heavy fightings in summer Russia artillery fires on average 60,000 shells per day. That includes missiles. Or 1.8 million per month. 5.4 million 3 months. Even Russia has mountains of ammo at some point they run out of ammo. Why’s difficult to understand?
Nothing is unlimited. Who says its difficult to understand. but this is Russia you are talking about they stockpile last for 2 3 years. its not always the case of 60K per day. its in peak conditions. these figures are for peak point. if they are short they just buy from friendlies simple.

Nothing is unlimited. Who says its difficult to understand. but this is Russia you are talking about they stockpile last for 2 3 years. its not always the case of 60K per day. its in peak conditions. these figures are for peak point. if they are short they just buy from friendlies simple.
I don’t know how large Russia ammo stockpile is, probably only Shoigu knows it. Probably huge. They prefer ammo over foods. Putin planned this special ops as 3-day war, he as genius never imagined that could last months or years. Well ok then not surprising when running low, he turns to countries that make Soviet ammo. China, Vietnam, Cuba or North Korea.

Ridiculous narrative there is no charity in wars.. If you allow an enemy to stay they will settle forever. Look at British India for reference.

Nobody has ever occupied Afghanistan nor Colony era happened there neither because they made it hell for anyone who came in.. There was fighting everyday in Afghanistan. It was just under-reported for obvious reasons but the Taliban controlled 40% of afghanistan for like 15+ years in the 20 year war.. Until the otherside burned thru 20 trillion USD in the war of attrition.

Even for the US printing capability this was to much spend on an empty backward they had no intention of using that much money.. Afghan-US war is the most expensive war in history..

The Soviet union didn't collapse in Afghanistan out of fluke..

Ukraine is not Afghanistan they will not push out Russia and will likely settle for a ceasefire and release the eastern part to Russia.. Plus Russia ain't collasping in Ukraine they simply are not Afghans.

They don't have the consistency.. 1st year, 2nd year , 4th year etc etc that is not when fatigue sets in but in the 5th to 8th year the enemy will start to lose resolve you just keep up the consistency. The Afghans know how to break an Enemies resolve slowly. They all have limits.
People are talking about occupation and defeating US military, coalition “running” are just in denial of reality.

America went in to oust taliban and AQ.
Mission sucess there.
Then came the exit strategy.
Goal was set to change afghanistan into a pro-american democracy.

It was never americas goal to occupy/colonize afghanistan. Coalition was always there temporary.
Once the Afghan state was set up and ready to fend for itself…coalition would leave.

What caused the defeat in this war, was basically completely underestimating the efforts involved to remake afghanistan in a functioning state…and take up and fight for modern/western values.

You can hardly boast that Coalition military was defeated and “run off” when they never lost 1 battle, and coalition yearly casualties were 30 a year at the end.

We spend hundreds of billions and a decade training ANA to fend for themselves only for them to throw their weapons away and run (often begging to migrate to the west…). That is a culture clash and miscalculation politically and training/doctrine wise.
But lets not dream up this myth of the taliban “defeating the USA military and having them run from afghanistan”. Its Bullshit.

This doesn't surprise me at all. Many people don't believe me when I say that Russians are the most brutal and inhumane group of people to ever walk the face of the Earth. I know its a generalization to say that, and I have had some good Russian friends that I worked with, but the kind of thought processes demonstrated in this video pervades their society.

Back
Top Bottom