What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Russia cannot expand into Asia, China will see to that containment. That leave westward expansion. The EU and NATO must get stronger, economically and militarily. The world know 'only' China, 'only' the US, and so on. But the Russian people have two entries in their collective intellect: Russia and the Soviet Union. To be blunt about it, if the world allows Russia to chose, the Soviet Union WILL reincarnate into something new.
Yeah, if left unchecked they wouldn't have stopped at invading Ukraine. It's obvious they would have kept on using the 'denazifying' line to invade and occupy other former Soviet bloc nations, and then keep going into Western Europe using the same flimsy rationale.

Yeah, if left unchecked they wouldn't have stopped at invading Ukraine. It's obvious they would have kept on using the 'denazifying' line to invade and occupy other former Soviet bloc nations, and then keep going into Western Europe using the same flimsy rationale.

The US started the war by arming Ukrainians to butcher Russians. Russians have no choice but to defend themselves.

No they left Afghanistan because they could not defeat their enemy, the Taliban, despite spending 20 years and trillion dollars. They know that if they stayed another 20 they would be no closer to defeating them. So total military defeat with no prospect of winning. Most people realise this. But dont worry, Afghanistan has defeated many empires before. It comes quite naturally to them.
It's different between "Winning in Afghanistan" and "Defeating Taliban"

You can NEVER defeat Taliban, that's an organisation, and they move between country to country, from Afghanistan to Pakistan and to Yemen, to do that you will need to invade multiple country, but then they will still move on to country that harbor the ideology. It's like telling PLA to try to defeat Google. Can they be done militarily? Even if PLA successfully invaded US and control the entire US, Google will still be operating in UK, EU or Australia. That's the same idea.

On the other hand, to "Win" in Afghanistan is to prevent Taliban return, and that would do as long as US troop maintain a contingency there. If US maintain Resolute Freedom in Afghanistan, the Taliban will not be able to return. And there are actually not a lot of support to withdraw US troop home, that was done because one man and one man only, that's Trump.

Again, 20 years is not a long period of time, look at South Korea, we have been stationed there since Korean War in 1950, that's 70 years. If it can be done to Korea, why not in Afghanistan? Again, do you really think stationing around 8000 US troop in Afghanistan every year will bankrupt the US??

Again, what you failed to realise is the withdrawal of US is one man's decision, we can stay there for as long as we need and as long as Public Support are there. I mean, you are free to believe what you want to believe. It's not at all minimal effort, even compare to Iraqi War which cost us around 4 trillion in 8 years and we still keep a contingent there. It's not hard to see if we can do that in Iraq and South Korea or even Japan, we can do that in Afghanistan.

thats a lie - US was already overspent, drained, and unable to meet its unrealistic, imperialist+ "democratic transformation" goals by the time that man promised to pull out of Afghanistan- why ignore the truth that majority of AMericans wanted US military out of Afghanistan because it was a lost cause? that's what that man /leader smartly preyed on - most leaders were so smart they were too stupid to do what the American public wanted - dont blame him, blame the US military that cant win wars, and makes them expensive for US taxpayers, who then have revoked US military's ability to start senseless wars Americans cant afford and they wont win.

irrelevant
lol, sure, everything was a lies to you, go read the poll on Afghanistan between 2015-2021 and see how people really think.

Again, what you failed to realise...
No, they do realize, and by 'they' I mean all those who asserted that the US 'lost' or that the Taliban 'defeated' the US. They know better. They know that they are talking nonsense, especially military nonsense. This is about minimizing what the US done and done with impunity in others' backyards.

No, they do realize, and by 'they' I mean all those who asserted that the US 'lost' or that the Taliban 'defeated' the US. They know better. They know that they are talking nonsense, especially military nonsense. This is about minimizing what the US done and done with impunity in others' backyards.
Well, I don't see things in a favourable prospective, just because I am pro-West does not mean I have to tow any of their line, in fact, I am one of those people who echo to pull our troop out as there are nothing to be had, the continue deployment in RS is more or less waste of time and money.

To start, the feat US can come in from 9000 mile away and expel a country's political and military force on their home turf, that in itself is a feat, I dare say not one country in this world currently have this capability. Not Russia, Not China, not UK or even EU. That undertaking itself is immense, if you ever see the logistic depot and forward logistic base at work in Camp Bastion or KAF, you will know how big this operation was, and to fight on an away game, no less, that's no one in this world can replicate.

On the other hand, the entire war basically depends on what US does, or does not do. As I mentioned, even the decision to pull troop come from US unilaterally, that's without even the consent from the Afghan. How does it translate to "Taliban have control the situation and kick US out" I mean Taliban never had any momentum until basically Doha Accord was signed and Trump accelerated the withdrawal plan.

I realise this, it will definitely be in Chains and Russias interest that US spends all its resources on another failed invasion of some far flung place. So expect then to actively try to make this happen.

Im not going to beg US to not tear itself apart. if thats what they want fine, but I'm just trying to be practical.

I believe if another such attack happens they might want to consider bombing the people that did it and greater government surveillance. Repeating the thing again and again, in this case Afghanistan invasion, and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity.
Just because the US can invade does not mean that they will do it.
They may just start hunting the Taliban Leadership.
Drones and B-21 bombers will make life miserable enough.

I dont doubt US strength, its unparalleled. There are many countries US can defeat. Russia, china, all of EU. It can however not defeat Taliban or prevent them from ruling Afghanistan. This it seems will take some time to sink in and be accepted by many Americans. And its This lack of understanding and insight which led to the US defeat in Afghanistan.

Yes Taliban lost more soldiers, but their flag flies over Kabul. By any measure they won the war.

You lost, accept it, move on and learn from it. or dont. make no difference to me. Do it again but at your own peril.

US won in Afghanistan the same way russia will win in Ukraine. It will withdraw and declare total victory and all objectives achieved.

US won in Afghanistan the same way Japan won Ww2. you see Japan just got tired of fighting and there was no more domestic support for the war, particularly in Nagasaki, and a small group of Japanese leaders decided its better to end the war for their own political future.

Yes Taliban lost more soldiers, but their flag flies over Kabul. By any measure they won the war.

Taliban has fast reproduction rate. Birth rate in Afghanistan is about 4 to 6 kids per woman compare to 1.6 kids per woman in the US. Also, Afghanistan has a very young population. By comparison, the US has a very old population.

For those who still have minimal critical thinking left, and those who've grown tired of the constant, unidimensional, bogus NATO propaganda feed, here's an objective and instructive analysis of the Ukrainian offensive in Kharkov by a military professional, former USA Marine Corps intelligence officer and UN arms inspector Scott Ritter:

So you have the analysis of a convicted sex offender against a minor, being interviewed by somebody that only has a youtube channel? What exactly do you have here? Thats lots of Ukrainians died? Don't you think they know that?

I will buy this if you post an alternate view to Russia's propaganda machine that is not what KGB is feeding Russia. Oh wait, no you would be shot or imprisoned in Russia if you came up with an alternate view that explained why Russians have to go to their prisoner population.

For some reason, Russian propoganda is okay and take that as truth, but NATO is not. Stop parrotting Putin's bullsh**

Taliban has fast reproduction rate. Birth rate in Afghanistan is about 4 to 6 kids per woman compare to 1.6 kids per woman in the US. Also, Afghanistan has a very young population. By comparison, the US has a very old population.
Afghanistan is sadly living on starvation where parents have to sell their kids in the country side. There is zero industry. If you are so enamored by life in Afghanistan, move there.

The US started the war by arming Ukrainians to butcher Russians. Russians have no choice but to defend themselves.

Make up your mind: You are posting the same video accusing the Germans of starting this. Is this the only thing you have that indicates that?

And what is your motivation on posting this: that Russia should be excused the humiliation because its innocent.

No war is started by an innocent or guilty. The world of global chess is blind to right and wrong. Given that war has started , why does it matter now.

This would be the equivalent of being in trench warfare and be debating the merits of Archduke of Ferdinand.

Ukraine doesn't have enough soldiers to take Kherson. With 35 million people it's not enough to fight 148 million Russians + 5 million rebels. If Ukraine has 100 to 200 million people they can have a chance of taking Kherson.
There you go with the population crap again. Israel has brought to knees all its arab neighbors in every war (4 countries). China was useless against Vietnam, a fraction of its size.

Muslim Moghuls were outnumbered by Hindus 10 to 1 and ruled them for 100s of years.

And all these years, China was useless against Taiwan (50s, 60s, 70s, 80s)
Get this stupid concept out of your head.

Russian buying iranian drones does not mean they lack in every aspect. Remember that americans use rh 120 gun on m1a2 cause there old gun wasnt effective as they wanted so the german gun was tot'd by us of a. Same is the case that the russians lacked drone fleet or numbers for war so compensated by buying from ally. Americans bough some systems from allies that they realized are good in afghanistan and iraq war. But you cannot conclude that since they are buying those means they are compensating loses.

Heres my 2 pence, they are buying ammo from north korea and iran is because as I have stated earlier that the russians are using mostly reserves from ussr era and there ammo is still produced by iran and north korea. Since the armata tank introduction the afv, apc and other combat systems of armata family there focus is shifting. It's not like north korean rounds are being used used yet in ukraine. Rather they are just insurance incase of issues with production and storage since ammos do expire this is just insurance of what if...

Russia always had these reserves which were to be used in war scenario. Not all reserves ae obsolete tanks there are t90s and t80s too in reserves
Sage analysis of using older armaments in the war here so replinishing from these countries.

Air Force however is not using vintage: they are using all current front-line aircraft (or were before they stopped). Why the inconsistency?

And this is a doomed war if you go in using your backward weapons: what are Russians saving their newer weapons for? Fighting Finland?

And lastly, they must have a weakness in their industrial capacity to replenish their newer ones if they are choosing to preserve them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom