What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

This war has not turned out as I expected. The incompetence and corruption of the Russian military has been exposed wholesale.

I am against wars but a big shock indeed. Russian planning, key decisions, tactics, equipment, air force is a big disappointment. The least they should have done is have total air superiority over Ukraine. Ukrainian tanks, artillery, SAM, Radars, aircrafts should have been annihilated, people are talking about Himars but they should have been identified and destroyed by the Russian airforce. Where are the 4++++ generation jets? 🤔 Where are the cutting edge technology Putin talks about?

Funniest thing about this whole thing is that Russia fanboys still believe that Russia has the second best military.

Russian air force hasn't managed to achieve air dominance in seven months against an opponent whats right next their country and is numerically much weaker. :coffee:

Makes perfect sense. Seems like they don't have the technology anymore, the jets look great on paper only. Air dominance is the least they should have done.

I commented on the VKS months earlier. Use keywords search 'airborne artillery' to see why I think the VKS essentially failed in Ukraine. As far as the Ukrainian Air Force goes, they are too numerically inferior in proportionate to the entire Russian Army campaign to matter. So given the limited war doctrine for the Russian Air Force and few numbers of the Ukrainian Air Force, this war is essentially a ground war, we Air Force guys are nearly useless. See @jhungary for details on the ground war.

I understand your point but can't the Russian airforce/drones target and destroy the mighty Himars. If the Russian airforce controlled the skies they would know where the Himars are coming from and chase and destroy them.

Ukraine still has their S-300's, BUK's, and probably NASAMS what can all reach altitude of where Russian strategic bombers fly. Wouldn't be good look for Russia if their bombers started dropping from skies.
Well, nobody knows what they have. They might have something but if this war drags on, it is not good for Ukraine. Russia is still intact, people always forget this.

1663290022972.png

1663290069146.png

New $600M weapons package

Back
Top Bottom