What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

I don't know how much you know about Tanks......

Tanks are in working condition even if the optics are damaged or even destroyed. In fact, Tank have very high tolerant of damage, I can take 2 direct hit from the front and the tank can still drive and fire.

That's because tanks gun while complex, but it is a very basic design, you have a barrel, you have a beech, you have your primer, you have your round, and finally you have your trigger. It's basically works like a firearm, as long as you can load the round in, and ignite the primer, and the barrel is not obstructed, then your main gun WILL fire.

Engine is a more complex issue, it involved an engine and a gearbox, that too cannot be easily destroyed, and even if it did, you can still salvage or repair it

So basically, when you see most of the tank they capture have no external damage at all, it usually mean they are in functioning order, anything that make the tank cannot function would most likely showing the damage on the outside
There are grenade like devices that melt thickest of metal and point. Used since ww2 to quickly melt main parts of artillery and tank barrels component. To make them quickly disabled with heavy damage to loading mechanism or barrel itself.

Actually, we don't leave our tank, we leave our Toyota Pickup and Humvee, those are cheap like 10 to 20 grand each and it would be cheaper to buy new than ship it out with C-17 which each trip will cost around $50,000

Tank and APC on the other hand cost millions of dollars, you never leave those stuff behind........
They left helis didnt they ?

There are grenade like devices that melt thickest of metal and point. Used since ww2 to quickly melt main parts of artillery and tank barrels component. To make them quickly disabled with heavy damage to loading mechanism or barrel itself.

You meant Thermite?

You will know if a thermite was used to burn the barrel, you will see holes on the side of the barrel.....

They left helis didnt they ?
No, those were aide, we gave to Afghan, those are old chopper by the way, like nearly 40 years old, we did not leave any of ours helicopter behind.

You meant Thermite?

You will know if a thermite was used to burn the barrel, you will see holes on the side of the barrel.....

No, those were aide, we gave to Afghan, those are old chopper by the way, like nearly 40 years old, we did not leave any of ours helicopter behind.

La times news same in bbc and reuters news.

Expensive items were left but disabled.

Yes thermite. Ukraines wont tell in there tweets russia left disabled equipment that would mean ukraine captured equipment that is not combat ready at the moment.

La times news same in bbc and reuters news.

Expensive items were left but disabled.

Yes thermite. Ukraines wont tell in there tweets russia left disabled equipment that would mean ukraine captured equipment that is not combat ready at the moment.
Again, those chopper (MD-500 and UH-60) we gave as an aide to Ukraine since 2017, it was Afghan MD-500 and Blackhawk, we can't take them when Kabul fall, cause it wasn't ours.

Probably the most expensive item on that list is 1000 pair of GPNVG 18 Night Vision Goggle, retail at around 45000 each.

Ukraine won't tell you thermite was used, but you can literally see them......Thermite burn at 2300 degree, if they were use, the barrel and the Shrout (where the thermite sat on) will be burn out and melted. And the Barrel will bend and discolorised because of the heat if they were used.

Which mean you will be able to see if thermite was used to spike a tank. And if a tank appears cosmetically good, which usually mean it is undamaged.

I remember americans left the equipment in afghanistan claiming that it was better to abandon then transporting it back. So they disabled them and took important items off of the vehicles and other items.

These equipment that the russians have left in hurry does not necessarily mean that all of tanks are in working order maybe they have disabled the internal electronic components. In no way I will believe they are all in working condition. The way Ukrainians are capturing russian hardware and tweeting that "captured tank in good condition" no one knows what good means here so fast. It may take hours to understand if this is in complete working order.
Afghanistan is landlocked and Americans had to depend on Pakistani transportation system to move supplies to and from Afghanistan in large part. Biden administration chose to withdraw NATO forces from Afghanistan in haphazard manner, however. I am not sure what Joe Biden was thinking but I recall then Pakistani PM Imran Khan being pissed at him for mishandling situation in Afghanistan. Biden was ridiculed in his own country for his mishandling of the situation in Afghanistan but what if his call was intentional? Now Pakistani troops and Taliban types are fighting each other on the border. UK and USA are known to leave fault-lines in regions of choice. Americans are not done with Afghanistan in fact; recent UAV strike in Kabul is but a reminder.

Americans handled Iraq in a much better way on the other hand. They pulled their troops from Iraq after stabilizing it and handing over its keys to the leader of their choice in 2011. The withdrawal process was peaceful and without incident. This was under Obama administration.

Russian forces have direct access to Ukraine and their forces were routed from Kharkiv in a battle. Russian troops left this region in a hurry to avoid capture.

The war is ongoing, however. Let us see.

Russians have highest no. Of tanks in the world including reserve. Dont see them getting worried on equipment so sooner. Most the tanks seem with nominal refurbishments were transported to ukraine.

My analysis are russia has only send 2nd class equipment or 3rd class one for ground forces and plus little no. Of elite forces.

No country in world would be so unprofessional its like violation of the normality of the world. A country who has scene greatest of wars suddenly is one of the most non professional ? Isnt it too early to speculate that ?

To me both countries are fierce and brave and fighting well.
Would a professionel army send its 2nd and 3rd class forces and equipment in an attempt to invade a country the size of Ukraine?

That's a very convincing ruse. I mean, it felt really real when they leave behind 300 + Armored Vehicle for the Ukrainian to capture, I guess that is a ruse as well.....

Russia ruse?
It’s more like Russia cowards!
10,000 men ran away from Charkiw without a fight.
No they won’t return anytime soon. Even so with what? Will they return with bamboo sticks? They left all heavy equipment behind.

Yes it's a well thought out convincing ruse. After all to catch a fish, you need a very good bait.

Just that to bait the fish, Putin decided to throw the fishing rod into the pond as well. :lol:

Again, those chopper (MD-500 and UH-60) we gave as an aide to Ukraine since 2017, it was Afghan MD-500 and Blackhawk, we can't take them when Kabul fall, cause it wasn't ours.

Probably the most expensive item on that list is 1000 pair of GPNVG 18 Night Vision Goggle, retail at around 45000 each.

Ukraine won't tell you thermite was used, but you can literally see them......Thermite burn at 2300 degree, if they were use, the barrel and the Shrout (where the thermite sat on) will be burn out and melted. And the Barrel will bend and discolorised because of the heat if they were used.

Which mean you will be able to see if thermite was used to spike a tank. And if a tank appears cosmetically good, which usually mean it is undamaged.

Very informative discussion with you. Ill agree to most of what you say. Thanks

Afghanistan is landlocked and Americans had to depend on Pakistani transportation system to move supplies to and from Afghanistan in large part. Biden administration chose to withdraw from Afghanistan in haphazard manner as well. I am not sure what Joe Biden was thinking but I recall then Pakistani PM Imran Khan being pissed at him for mishandling situation in Afghanistan. Biden was ridiculed in his own country for his mishandling of the situation in Afghanistan but what if his call was intentional? Now Pakistani troops and Taliban types are fighting each other on the border. UK and USA are known to leave fault-lines in regions of choice. Americans are not done with Afghanistan in fact; UAV strike in Kabul is but a reminder.

Americans handled Iraq in a much better way on the other hand. They pulled their troops from Iraq after stabilizing it and handing over its keys to the leader of their choice in 2011. The withdrawal process was peaceful and without incident. This was under Obama administration.

Russian forces have direct access to Ukraine and their forces were routed from Kharkiv in a battle. Russian troops left this region in a hurry to avoid capture.

The war is ongoing, however. Let us see.
Thanks for informative post. Yes its on going lets see.

Would a professionel army send its 2nd and 3rd class forces and equipment in an attempt to invade a country the size of Ukraine?
Problem is russia is just keeping ukraine in red zone busy in conflict. I believe so.

Dude do you realise Putin upping the intensity everytime?

Yup Kiev is still standing. Russia could have easily levelled Kiev mate. You coukld level a village with a tank mate.

He's not upping any intensity because he has nothing left. You do realize the sanctions crippled Russia's defense manufacturing. Corruption and nepotism have left the Russian Armed Forces hollow, and they are fighting with equipment dating back to the '70s and 1980s on a 21st Century battlefield. Their logistics are practically non-existent, and nowhere have they stopped the inflow of weapons from the Western Ukrainian border in the last couple of months.

I suggest you read the book On War by Carl Van Clausewitz on what total war is and how conflict should be. I fear the Chinese if they clash with Russian thinking, any more delay on taking Taiwan, you will not be able to touch it; consider Ukraine a test bed for what NATO & Co. can do and will do.

The worst part about Russia & China's last 20 years is that you failed to bleed the West in the conflict hot zones in Africa and the Middle East. Just as the West called certain groups friends and armed them, you could have played the same playbook.

China thought of a peaceful rise with no war; there was no such thing. You have a competent army if the nation is at war.

Last edited:
Russia liberated the water.. Just an act of terror trying to force Ukraine to negotiate. It doesnt impact the war itself.
Check this..it seems this act/attack has a very big impact on the war..

And this too..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom