What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Making them slow is win for russian Then winter comes and Russian will do end job.
Not really. Slow is usually how offensives go; if they're fast then there is something seriously wrong with the defending side (which is what happened in Kharkiv and Kherson before). The Russians seem to finally have a fairly competent commander in the South, but even then they're losing ground. This is all with Ukraine not having committed a vast majority of its reserve forces either.

Regardless, things are heating up, and the closer Ukraine gets to Robotyne and consequently Tokmak, the worse things will get for Russia. (Rumors are that Ukraine has already entered the Robotyne's outskirts)

Ukraine just needs to deal with the mines, and the first line of defense. The rest will be far easier.

Last edited:
Zelinskki rules out any peace settlement until Russia army withdraws completely from the occupation in Donbas and Crimea. This war will be fought until the bitter end.

1688447861426.png

Ukrainische Soldaten feuern eine Panzerhaubitze auf russische Stellungen in der Nähe von Bachmut. (Archivfoto) © LIBKOS/dpa

Not really. Slow is usually how offensives go; if they're fast then there is something seriously wrong with the defending side (which is what happened in Kharkiv and Kherson before). The Russians seem to finally have a fairly competent commander in the South, but even then they're losing ground. This is all with Ukraine not having committed a vast majority of its reserve forces either.

Regardless, things are heating up, and the closer Ukraine gets to Robotyne and consequently Tokmak, the worse things will get for Russia. (Rumors are that Ukraine has already entered the Robotyne's outskirts)

Ukraine just needs to deal with the mines, and the first line of defense. The rest will be far easier.
Winter is Crucial. It is early to say anything. Last summer we thought Ukraine won it. But Russian came back strong in winter

Winter is Crucial. It is early to say anything. Last summer we thought Ukraine won it. But Russian came back strong in winter
Not really. The winter was equally brutal for the Russians, and they barely made any tangible gains. The Ukrainians also were underequipped and still in the process of having their reserve forces trained up.

Winter isn't all that crucial, it just slows things down, it doesn't stop the war.

Anyway, US Gen. Mark Milley says that Ukraine has about 10 weeks roughly to make major pushes before the Ukrainians have to start worrying about the offensive stalling. We still have a long way to see.

I thought after bakhmut was taken the ukranians were crushed and kramatorsk and sloviansk would follow quickly after??

I guess the russian cheerleaders were wrong again….

Winter and the mud season mainly slows down offensives.

Russia was able to push a bit last winter due to its large mobilization. But far from impressive/decisive.

I wonder if russia intends another mobilization round, but for large offensives they seem more and more degraded in material to be very effective.

I think russia is mainly aiming to freeze the frontlines. Fill it with mines, drones, and trenches.
And outlast western support/patience.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I thought after bakhmut was taken the ukranians were crushed and kramatorsk and sloviansk would follow quickly after??

I guess the russian cheerleaders were wrong again….

Winter and the mud season mainly slows down offensives.

Russia was able to push a bit last winter due to its large mobilization. But far from impressive/decisive.

I wonder if russia intends another mobilization round, but for large offensives they seem more and more degraded in material to be very effective.

I think russia is mainly aiming to freeze the frontlines. Fill it with mines, drones, and trenches.
And outlast western support/patience.
Agree with the point to freeze the Frontline as they already controlling major part of see and usa will not be able to have nato control port. Usa had dream to have nato naval port in balck seee. Reason why putin first took away port from ukrain.

Aaahhh...Nein, nope, nyet, non, không thể làm được...:angry:
You know you want it, why resist LOL

Same for us -- JAG.

If the insinnuendo, allegation, or charge of 'war crime' arise, it is us who will be at risk because we were the ones who dropped the bombs or fired the missiles. We need our own JAGs who will look out for our best legal well being, at least in theory, anyway.

I think every branch have the same issue. We don't really trust anything coming from the Air Force or Navy. It's always the middle management who get caught in all these. And being upper management myself, know firsthand.

If the target is a petrol refinery, it is called a 'deliberate' target. But if the target is a tank column, even if the tanks are dug in, the column is called a 'dynamic' target. The nature of the target determines its classification. The petrol refinery can never move while the tank column can move on its own volition.

Here is the conflict...

If the fighting is near civilians, the Army is STILL most concerned about its own soldiers, however, the Air Force will put 'collateral damages' as equal priority. It is shiddy, I know. Prior to our squadron's deployment to Desert Storm, we had heated debates about that. The behavior of the Iraqi Army supported our beliefs that human shields is an important component of its tactics, and frankly, the same for any army in the ME. Unofficially, the word spread that if any Western military has to fight an ME country, expect the other side to use human shields tactics.

What am I supposed to do when our brethen/allied soldiers and the enemy's civilians are within the blast radius of my bombs?

Our squadron was fortunate in that none of us had to face that dilemma. Personally, each of us would rather put our guys above all other considerations, even if some of us may later have to suffer mental traumas for it. But we are also in a hierarchy and if the order says 'No' we have to obey.

In the army, we care about RoE only, everything else is BS.

We do have something called "Danger Close" you have to clear out civvies from within a certain range of an incoming attack before you can make that strike, a fast mover is 1km, 155 round is 600 yards. Mortar is 500 yards. If you have friendlies/civilian activities within that perimeters, you cannot call a strike within that zone. Unless the request is coming from an Officer (so either PL or CO/XO etc) Then they "MAY" look at it.

For us, we have "roamer" and "squatter" target. Roamer is any target that move around a target area, squatter is the target that sit on top of the target area. Guard Tower would have been a squatter, mobile patrol around the perimeter would have been a roamer.

Whether or not they grant a strike is basically a string of risk assessment. But mostly depends on who can countermend anything. Sometime some top brass 1 star will come down, point to a point in a map and say I want this area bomb, they don't care if they have seen civilian activities in the area. Otherwise you probably will not be able to call in any strike on those area.

Last edited:
You know you know it, why resist LOL

I think every branch have the same issue. We don't really trust anything coming from the Air Force or Navy. It's always the middle management who get caught in all these. And being upper management myself, know firsthand.

In the army, we care about RoE only, everything else is BS.

We do have something called "Danger Close" you have to clear out civvies from within a certain range of an incoming attack before you can make that strike, a fast mover is 1km, 155 round is 600 yards. Mortar is 500 yards. If you have friendlies/civilian activities within that perimeters, you cannot call a strike within that zone. Unless the request is coming from an Officer (so either PL or CO/XO etc) Then they "MAY" look at it.

For us, we have "roamer" and "squatter" target. Roamer is any target that move around a target area, squatter is the target that sit on top of the target area. Guard Tower would have been a squatter, mobile patrol around the perimeter would have been a roamer.

Whether or not they grant a strike is basically a string of risk assessment. But mostly depends on who can countermend anything. Sometime some top brass 1 star will come down, point to a point in a map and say I want this area bomb, they don't care if they have seen civilian activities in the area. Otherwise you probably will not be able to call in any strike on those area.
What you think China doing sitting Silently. Don't you think fall of Russia will bing fall of China in next 50 years times perhaps next 100 years. If nato defeats Russia and there will no other enemy will left for them then China as they already defeated muslim world. Dont you thinking China will be in deep trouble after Russian defeat. Just a question. I want to hear your thoughts please

What you think China doing sitting Silently. Don't you think fall of Russia will bing fall of China in next 50 years times perhaps next 100 years. If nato defeats Russia and there will no other enemy will left then China for them as they already defeated muslim world. Dont you thinking China will be in deep trouble after Russia defeat. Just question. I want hear your thoughts please
History shows that great nations are destroyed by internal problems, not by enemies from outside.

In fact, I think the problem of US, France, Great Britain, Germany, China is bigger than Russia.

At least, Russia's problem is a demographic decline, not a change in demographic composition with the rise of ethnic minorities from Africa, South America, South Asia, the Middle East.. .

That's why in the United States there is George Floyd, in France there is Nahel M... but not in Russia.

Last edited:
History shows that great nations are destroyed by internal problems, not by enemies from outside.

In fact, I think the problem of US, France, Great Britain, Germany, China is bigger than Russia.

At least, Russia's problem is a demographic decline, not a change in demographic composition with the rise of ethnic minorities from Africa, South America, South Asia, the Middle East.. .

That's why in the United States there is George Floyd, in France there is Nahel M... but not in Russia.
Agree with your point but Europen policy makers did one thing great that they have created great synchronization among its young generation.
They have great danger from extreme right wing politicians likes of tori in uk le pan in France and present government in Italy and people like trump. So western establishment understood the danger. They main aim is to gel their young generation againt common enemy. So keep the wars away from borders and fight with in enemy borders

To the surprise of no one.

With Wagner gone, Bakhmut's liberation is basically just a matter of time. Wagner was Russia's only real competent fighting force, and with them gone, Russia's war efforts are basically on the back foot.
The wagners are finished they play no role in this war. Putin fears the wagners more than Ukraine army. That’s a good news for Ukraine. The wagners zombies are very dangerous. They don’t fear death because they are already dead.

Good news for common Europe air defense

Coming faster than expected: Sky shield EIIS
The iron shield will protect Europe against all potential aerial attacks from Russia. Putin can no longer blackmail Europe with terror bombings and nukes.

1688468688023.png

Back
Top Bottom