What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Donbas or Crimea is Ukraine territory it’s legitimate to bomb everything every Russian stooges and separatists. It’s war zone anyway it’s better for all to leave. I don’t see Putin complains himself in Czechnia when he burned everything to ashes.
Dude, why do you sound like a democracy woke fanatic. What has Ukraine got to do with you. I only support Russia because NATO cannot be allowed to expand, I am for a multipolar world not a unipolar American world.

the hatred must be bottomless. the Russians rather burn it off then exporting natural gas to Germany.
this flame consumes gas worth $10 million per day.
Probably multiple flames across Russia
Bad
Lots of carbon dioxide
Global warming coming faster.
The flame can be even seen by satellite.

Gas flare

IMAGE SOURCE, ARI LAINE
Image caption,
This photo was taken by Finnish citizen Ari Laine on 24 July at a distance of around 23 miles (38km) from the Portovaya facility

gas flare

IMAGE SOURCE, COPERNICUS SENTINEL/SENTINEL HUB/PIERRE MARKUSE
Image caption,
A colourised version of this satellite image captures infrared radiation from the burning of gas at the Portovaya plant
I work in the oil n gas industry, I don't think you understand what you are talking about. Flaring is to dispose non standard gas which contains toxic gases etc. If they don't want to sell to Europe, they just close a few valves, they don't flare it numb numb. Besides China is buying most of their gas and whatever remains is sold at triple the price to Europe. The Russians are making more money than ever and in just a few months made back in extra profit the 300bil confiscated by the West thanks to higher gas prices . Lolol.

I am referring to legacy systems like Krasnopol laser-guided rocket-assisted projectiles and other guided missiles that have origins in 80s, 90s and 00s.

Laser guided bombs were first used in the early 70s in Vietnam war. Military hardware also don't use civilian chips. They went to the moon in 1969 with only rudimentary computers.

the hatred must be bottomless. the Russians rather burn it off then exporting natural gas to Germany.
this flame consumes gas worth $10 million per day.
Probably multiple flames across Russia
Bad
Lots of carbon dioxide
Global warming coming faster.
The flame can be even seen by satellite.

Gas flare

IMAGE SOURCE, ARI LAINE
Image caption,
This photo was taken by Finnish citizen Ari Laine on 24 July at a distance of around 23 miles (38km) from the Portovaya facility

gas flare

IMAGE SOURCE, COPERNICUS SENTINEL/SENTINEL HUB/PIERRE MARKUSE
Image caption,
A colourised version of this satellite image captures infrared radiation from the burning of gas at the Portovaya plant
Watch this in the news couple of hours ago, asked my cousin who work at Deepwater Champion why they did that, this is what he told me.

That show you they produce more than they can store, you can't just stop extract the gas and cap the well immediately, you need to do it gradually.......

Burn it, it cost you nothing but the gas. If you try to store it, you will need to build facilitate to do it, and people to manage it, both cost you money.

This is not a good sign for Russia tho, it means their gas sale dropped beyond a level it will cost more to store excess than to burn the gas outright. Which usually mean a lot of surpluses.

Last edited:
The rest of the world >>>>>>>>>

HaHaHa!

You want to match these ready to die Men and women.. while 90% of EU hate to die.. Are you ready to die too..??? HaHaHaHaHa!

Please Ukrainand brothers and sisters.. never challenge Russia.. Napoleon and Hitler did it .. read history.. and what has happened to them!

Last edited:
I work in the oil n gas industry, I don't think you understand what you are talking about. Flaring is to dispose non standard gas which contains toxic gases etc. If they don't want to sell to Europe, they just close a few valves, they don't flare it numb numb. Besides China is buying most of their gas and whatever remains is sold at triple the price to Europe. The Russians are making more money than ever and in just a few months made back in extra profit the 300bil confiscated by the West thanks to higher gas prices . Lolol.

You work in oil n gas? and you come up with this pearl of wisdom? Oil wells flare natural gas because they don’t have the infrastructure to store and transport the gas produced from the well for it to be commercially viable. Natural gas is always contaminated with H2S the concentration depends on the region where the oil/gas is produced. Bottom line, the gas flared at the well site is typically 70 to 90% Methane mixed with butane, propane and small amounts of H2S contaminant >4ppm in sour gas. @Viet is right, billions of dollars of natural gas has been ‘flared’ around the world because natural gas is not the desired output from the well - the operator wants oil NOT gas. Flaring ‘poison’ gas mainly H2S is just a bonus the main objective is to get rid of the natural gas. Flaring gas is wasteful, the gas produced can easily be processed to remove H2S and piped to local communities Instead of burning it and emitting CO2 and SO2. The eco-friendly option is a zero flaring solution where the gases produced by the well is injected back into the reservoir. Think twice before you go around calling people ‘numb numb’, you might end up with egg on your face.

Dude, why do you sound like a democracy woke fanatic. What has Ukraine got to do with you. I only support Russia because NATO cannot be allowed to expand, I am for a multipolar world not a unipolar American world.
Where do I promote democracy in Ukraine or elsewhere? NATO is not a threat to Russia. NATO is a defense alliance. Don’t repeat this NATO threat lie over and over again. Germany, France refused Ukraine Nato entry. Scholz said to Putin days before invasion Ukraine would not join the alliance even in 30 years.
My concern is Ccp will copy Russia war of aggression and start denazification campaigns in Far East. Vietnam, Taiwan, Japan, Philippines.
There is a risk Chinese become nationalists and many become racists.
This unipolar, multipolar is nothing more than empty worthless rhetoric.

You work in oil n gas? and you come up with this pearl of wisdom? Oil wells flare natural gas because they don’t have the infrastructure to store and transport the gas produced from the well for it to be commercially viable. Natural gas is always contaminated with H2S the concentration depends on the region where the oil/gas is produced. Bottom line, the gas flared at the well site is typically 70 to 90% Methane mixed with butane, propane and small amounts of H2S contaminant >4ppm in sour gas. @Viet is right, billions of dollars of natural gas has been ‘flared’ around the world because natural gas is not the desired output from the well - the operator wants oil NOT gas. Flaring ‘poison’ gas mainly H2S is just a bonus the main objective is to get rid of the natural gas. Flaring gas is wasteful, the gas produced can easily be processed to remove H2S and piped to local communities Instead of burning it and emitting CO2 and SO2. The eco-friendly option is a zero flaring solution where the gases produced by the well is injected back into the reservoir. Think twice before you go around calling people ‘numb numb’, you might end up with egg on your face.
Yes you are totally right. I check the natural gas composition. All components from methane, butane to liquids are valuable. The only explanation why the Russians burn it is either incompetence or refusal to sell. Ridiculous, here in Germany gas is very expensive, the gov asking gas rationing while they burn it.

The excuse burning gas because is toxic is laughable. Gas is toxic You should not inhale it.

Back
Top Bottom