What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

the hatred must be bottomless. the Russians rather burn it off then exporting natural gas to Germany.
this flame consumes gas worth $10 million per day.
Probably multiple flames across Russia
Bad
Lots of carbon dioxide
Global warming coming faster.
The flame can be even seen by satellite.

Gas flare

IMAGE SOURCE, ARI LAINE
Image caption,
This photo was taken by Finnish citizen Ari Laine on 24 July at a distance of around 23 miles (38km) from the Portovaya facility

gas flare

IMAGE SOURCE, COPERNICUS SENTINEL/SENTINEL HUB/PIERRE MARKUSE
Image caption,
A colourised version of this satellite image captures infrared radiation from the burning of gas at the Portovaya plant

the hatred must be bottomless. the Russians rather burn it off then exporting natural gas to Germany.
Gas worth $10 million per day are burnt off.
Bad
Global warming coming faster.
The flame can be even seen by satellite.

Gas flare

IMAGE SOURCE, ARI LAINE
Image caption,
This photo was taken by Finnish citizen Ari Laine on 24 July at a distance of around 23 miles (38km) from the Portovaya facility

gas flare

IMAGE SOURCE, COPERNICUS SENTINEL/SENTINEL HUB/PIERRE MARKUSE
Image caption,
A colourised version of this satellite image captures infrared radiation from the burning of gas at the Portovaya plant
Great Thurnberg is gonna be pissed

Negligible increase in WWII and long-term declined still continued: hardly a 'ramp up of birth rate' to make any significant dent so the data does not hold your assertion.

It has shifted up a bit now but well below replacement ratio of 2.1. All this increase means is that the rate of decline is reduced, not 'ramping up' to increase population. ANd that was before the war where lots of skilled Russians have left , at least in the 100s of thousands.

I think Russia will have to figure out how to use energy as a weapon as their best hope. THe population comeback ain't happening in any relatively wealthy country (Russia included).
I was showing the figure to prove his claim to be wrong. I completely agree with you. Actually the russian birth rate was falling during 1940-1945.

Back
Top Bottom