What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Last edited:

Ukrainian forces 'cross crucial river' as they prepare to strike deep into Russian-occupied territory​

Ukrainian soldiers have crossed the Dnipro River for the first time since the early days of the invasion and built positions that could be used to launch attacks deeper into Russian-occupied territory, analysts have said.

The crossing of the Dnipro River, which has marked the front line since Russian forces retreated from Kherson city in November, comes days after reports of a partial Russian retreat in the area.

It comes as Ukraine is widely expected to launch a counteroffensive, which analysts have said may be aimed at pushing 100 miles south of the Dnipro River at least as far as Crimea.

The US-based Institute for the Study of War said that video and photos have generated the first “reliable geolocated imagery of Ukrainian positions” south of the river.

“The extent and intent of these Ukrainian positions remain unclear, as does Ukraine’s ability and willingness to maintain sustained positions in this area,” it said.

View attachment 925916
I think the ukrainians are trying to force Russia to spread its forces, and not an attempt to do an actual offensive across the river.

“Especially Wagnerites no longer take POWs.” .. This much tooted encirclement never materialized, hence no ukrainian POWs to parade on russian state sponseret media outlets.

“Russia don't want POWs. POWs cost food.” .. Just another retrospective explanations as to why Russia isnt dominating Ukraine.
Why dont you tell us exactly what Russia is trying to do? What is the goal and the plan to get there. So far it seems Putin has just been rolling the dices in order to see what would happen. His oppotunistic style has lead Russia straight to hell.

For Russia to win this, they need to be able to match or outlast two things. Ukraine’s will to fight and west military budget . By this, I mean that Russia cannot win.

Russia is not going to lose. They WILL use tactical nukes to obliterate Ukraine's defenses if it would come to that and China WILL supply Russia with weaponry if Russia comes close to losing. Let's sink that to our collective heads and start to draw down this war. I state those as 'facts', short of Putin suddenly dying.

agreed I am no supporter of Russia

you might not agree but

as a Muslim I am just happy West and Russia are killing each other, and I have many times praised Turkey and Iran supplying both sides

it gives Middle East and Africa a well deserved break and this war speeds up Chinas rise

which in turn speeds up a multipolar world and US weakness even more exploited

The world will not be the same after this war. Major Eurasian wars have caused major global changes. Eurasia, in which I include Pakistan and north Africa too, is the region where major human activities have happened. There is money. There are huge populations. There are huge resources. There are great frictions of races and religions. Approximately, from the Urals and down south some and all the way to the western shores of Europe and north Africa, human history is concentrated for the most part. The Russia-Ukraine war, unless quickly wrapped up, will be talked about for thousands of years later while wars like the Iran-Iraq war, India-Pakistan war, the various conflicts in Africa or Latin America or the Southeast Asia etc or the insurgencies here and there would be mere footnotes.

Russia is not going to lose. They WILL use tactical nukes to obliterate Ukraine's defenses if it would come to that and China WILL supply Russia with weaponry if Russia comes close to losing. Let's sink that to our collective heads and start to draw down this war. I state those as 'facts', short of Putin suddenly dying.

The world will not be the same after this war. Major Eurasian wars have caused major global changes. Eurasia, in which I include Pakistan and north Africa too, is the region where major human activities have happened. There is money. There are huge populations. There are huge resources. There are great frictions of races and religions. Approximately, from the Urals and down south some and all the way to the western shores of Europe and north Africa, human history is concentrated for the most part. The Russia-Ukraine war, unless quickly wrapped up, will be talked about for thousands of years later while wars like the Iran-Iraq war, India-Pakistan war, the various conflicts in Africa or Latin America or the Southeast Asia etc or the insurgencies here and there would be mere footnotes.
Everyone keeps saying Russia will use tactics nukes, which goes to show me that nobody on this forum even knows how tac nukes are even used.

You can't just use tac nukes to destroy defenses, that's not how they work. Also using nukes won't actually cause Ukraine to surrender either, if anything it would justify NATO getting directly involved, as NATO has said that this is their red line. This is also something China will not tolerate, as it's a Chinese red line as well.

Russia will lose, simply because Russia has not been able to slow down or stop the flow of weapons coming into Ukraine, nor have they been able to stop the flow of newly trained Ukrainian and foreign personnel coming into Ukraine.

The Russians are barely making progress in Bakhmut, while Ukraine is gearing up for a major offensive, with news out that they've pushed Russian forces in Kherson and established a beach head into Southern Kherson region. Zaporizhzhia is already seeing the Ukrainians start conducting shaping operations and accumulation of forces/resources.

China will tolerate Russia losing, they won tolerate a Russian collapse. They want Russia to lose as it benefits China. They don't want Russia to fall apart because they want a junior partner on their northern border that's stable and does as ordered by China.

Back
Top Bottom