What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

You are stupid if you believe this news :coffee:

兔熊.jpg

I agree with this.

Bakhmut was a nice defensive point where russia, desperate for a propaganda win, threw material and men at.

However, with their artillery more and more in place, and the city now almost encircled with supply lines under fire…throwing more defenders in is just not the most efficient way to go.

Pull back while constantly countering and counter arti. Then lure them in your fortified defensive point around sloviansk/kramatorsk. Ukraine has plenty of space to trade.

Maybe Slavic mentality? They made the same mistake with severodonetsk.
Unless they believe they can stop the russians short of them taking bakhmut. Which might be worth it denying them the propaganda win.
I do understand why Zelenskyy reinforce Bakhmut, because for him, it's the same, if he withdraw now, the rest of the Russian Force would move on to the next town and that town would become another Bakhmut, so for him, it is better to draw as much blood as possible and then blunt their offensive as much as possible so when it's time to withdraw (I don't think he will leave those troop behind. It would have been a last minute withdraw when T-0504 is threatened) He want to make sure even if they lose Bakhmut, they would have been degrading the Russian enough they aren't going anywhere.

I think that's his principle on why he keeps pumping troop in Bakhmut, I don't agree with his point, but I am not him, nor am I an Ukrainian.

Bakhmut losses for ukriane will only make sense if ukriane is getting something big i.e F16s and bidding some time.
Otherwises it's a tactical mistake as his generals are pointing out

That would've been more rational for China to prop up Russia before it lost half its military, but it doesn't mean the demand for an economic self-harm move diminished with a worsening cost-benefit ratio. Maybe, it's even going up because of more ruinous results, and thus more utility, and potency as an "I'm the Boss" message.

It's like how Japanese lords were often ordering their best general, or a retainer to harakiri, or just outright kill them without any justification during the time of crisis, and had it done in the most public, and dramatic way possible.

Chinese military publications analyzing Russian failures before, and after the war can be quite frank, and rational, while, institutionally, PLA has, for example, kept copying these exact failings despite there being a recognition on the level of thoughtleaders.

Just like in Russia, PLA can have tons of competent, Western style military think tanks, and at the same time not giving a s##t about a single thing they write about.

Russia had a small Westernised part of officer corps, who studied Western tactics, and went to watch many NATO wargames, yet I haven't seen a single que on this expertise being acted upon.
Again, I see that in Russia, but China? For what? China is not going to get Ukraine unless they also sent troop to invade. I mean, I can totally see China doing Taiwan over it, but Ukraine is zero sum gain (in fact someone would say it's negative for China) I mean, all those sticking their neck out for something they didn't start nor would not gain anything from.

Russia is already a Chinese vassal, Xi don't need to show Putin who's the boss, Xi already am the boss of Putin. Putin mere existence is solely depending on Xi, and Xi know if he committed Economy Suicide with US and EU, both could have back each other up and being 50 trillion-dollar economy combine, both have a deeper baseline than China, it wouldn't take long before US and EU to recover, but it would take at least twice as long for China, if they can recover at all.

Bakhmut losses for ukriane will only make sense if ukriane is getting something big i.e F16s and bidding some time.
Otherwises it's a tactical mistake as his generals are pointing out
You don’t understand. Ukraine strategy is killing as many Russian zombies as possible while holding on as long as possible. Because Russia casualties are multiple higher than Ukraine, so the strategy makes sense.

Once Bakhmut falls, Ukraine defenders can fall back to the prepared position 30-40 km behind Bakhmut. and the same procedure repeats. Bakhmut will be everywhere.

You don’t understand. Ukraine strategy is killing as many Russian zombies as possible while holding on as long as possible. Because Russia casualties are multiple higher than Ukraine, so the strategy makes sense.

Once Bakhmut falls, Ukraine defenders can fall back to the prepared position 30-40 km behind Bakhmut. and the same procedure repeats. Bakhmut will be everywhere.
says who? Ukraine?
anyway we will know in next few months. Whether Ukraine will loose cities one by one or whether Russia will take them one by one
one thing is for sure, regardless of what happens Ukraine infrastructure is doomed, there is nothing left to bomb all of this due to one stupid decision of trying to bomb Crimea bridge

says who? Ukraine?
anyway we will know in next few months. Whether Ukraine will loose cities one by one or whether Russia will take them one by one
one thing is for sure, regardless of what happens Ukraine infrastructure is doomed, there is nothing left to bomb all of this due to one stupid decision of trying to bomb Crimea bridge

I agreed...

From the beginning, Ukraine was not in a position to fight a war against Russia. Zelensky made big blunders by not going the political way.

Who will be a loser?

Russia -? No, they have natural resources, and once it is over, only the EU and the West will be in line to buy from Russia.

Ukraine, It ends with what? destruction of the country and the loss of a big part of Russia?

A lot of people have lost their lives, and both sides are equally responsible, including the US, NATO and the WEST.

says who? Ukraine?
Say Zelinskki and general Oleksandr Syrsykyj (left), the supreme commander of all Ukraine land forces. They made the decision to hold on Bakhmut.

1678712968283.png

It's indeed doomed but never the less it will achieve it's objectives and no one in west is daring to provide anything offensive to ukriane
Russia has failed to achieve any of its major objectives 1 year into the war. What makes you so sure they'll achieve them now, when the Ukranians are far more prepared.

Also, the west is providing almost everything the Ukranians want, and Ukrainian pilots are finally getting training on western jets. The Ukraikians have received offensive weapons, it's just taking time due to training soldiers to use them.

Russia has failed to achieve any of its major objectives 1 year into the war. What makes you so sure they'll achieve them now, when the Ukranians are far more prepared.

Also, the west is providing almost everything the Ukranians want, and Ukrainian pilots are finally getting training on western jets. The Ukraikians have received offensive weapons, it's just taking time due to training soldiers to use them.
when you look at the map of current front line it tells you a different story

Back
Top Bottom