What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

I'm really not sure about this. Most economies dont rely on foreign trade. Russia has shown it can handle the sanctions better than anyone had anticipated.

Russia is not advancing very well and taking massive losses, but they have basically destroyed Ukraine and its infrastructure and it will take 20 years to rebuild.

Russia is untouched and the 150,000 + soldiers it has lost, is really not that big of a deal. Russians just dont care much about each other. Especially about the minorities in russia. In fact they are probably happy that 10 or 15,000 Chechens died. They probably hate them more than they hate ukranians. And besides it's a country of 140 million. Its huge.

The massive number of tanks and other equipment is also not a huge deal for russia. They will eventually rebuild it all.

I honestly think russia wont even reconsider its options without 500,000 soldiers killed. And only if they lose that many without major battlefied gains. Then they might reassess.

What might happen before that happens is Ukraine taking back large areas. I cant predict what will happen but I know the western weapons will keep flowing. And just massive destruction.
1,50,000 is absurd number

the number is probably more then what Russian reported but not 10X times of what Russia reports
If the Ukrainians put up the same type of resistance as at Bakhmut at other small towns and cities the Russians may lose the will to fight on. Also if the Ukrainians carry out a counter attack the Russian offensive could turn into a rout. Let's see what NATO have planned, the ball is in their court. Air power is the need of the day for the Ukrainians but does NATO have the will to cross another Russian red line?
at what cost to Ukraine ? Ukraine doesn't has robots they have men too and less artillery support then Russia has

What about Uncle Sam? Shouldn't Uncle Sam get a herioc role in liberating Ukraine?

You really think the Ukrainians can win by resisting in Bakhmut? The Russians have yesterday shown that they can use brute force without a second thought. The Russians used a whole barrage of deadly missiles including hypersonic missiles. Russia isn't backing off. Backing off means defeat. Putin isn't crazy. This was a calculated move by Putin. He went into Ukraine and captured territory. He knew what the consequence were going to be. He weighed the pros and cons. This wasn't a kamikaze action. Russia is determined to get what it seeks at any cost.
no doubt they fucked up initially ..but since when Russians haven't screwed a war in its first year by becoming complacent

1,50,000 is absurd number

the number is probably more then what Russian reported but not 10X times of what Russia reports

at what cost to Ukraine ? Ukraine doesn't has robots they have men too and less artillery support then Russia has

no doubt they fucked up initially ..but since when Russians haven't screwed a war in its first year by becoming complacent

They are making up for it as we speak. Like I said, Russia won't back off. Even if they suffer losses. Russia is too big and too poweful. They know that they can always compensate the losses as they are doing currently. Besides, we are now at a point of no return. This war is going to have a winner and a loser.

Last edited:
What about Uncle Sam? Shouldn't Uncle Sam get a herioc role in liberating Ukraine?

You really think the Ukrainians can win by resisting in Bakhmut? The Russians have yesterday shown that they can use brute force without a second thought. The Russians used a whole barrage of deadly missiles including hypersonic missiles. Russia isn't backing off. Backing off means defeat. Putin isn't crazy. This was a calculated move by Putin. He went into Ukraine and captured territory. He knew what the consequence were going to be. He weighed the pros and cons. This wasn't a kamikaze action. Russia is determined to get what it seeks at any cost. This isn't Afghanistan where the Americans used others to do their bidding. This is Ukraine i.e. Russian backyard. Today Western hands are tied because no one except the Ukrainians are doing the fighting. I dare US/NATO to send their forces if they really want to make Russia pay. That won't happen.
NATO trained soldiers and mercenaries are already fighting in Ukraine. The worst case Scenario for Russia is a stalemate. They are exactly where NATO wants them to be : in a war of attrition. NATO's strategy is to fuel the war enough to weaken Russia's foundation to an eventual collapse. It is hoped Putin would be replaced with a NATO aligned leader so that China can be dealt with more effectively and efficiently.

NATO trained soldiers and mercenaries are already fighting in Ukraine. The worst case Scenario for Russia is a stalemate. They are exactly where NATO wants them to be : in a war of attrition. NATO's strategy is to fuel the war enough to weaken Russia's foundation to an eventual collapse. It is hoped Putin would be replaced with a NATO aligned leader so that China could be dealt with more efficiently.

The training that NATO has given is shoddy at best. No army can be trained in such a short period of time. The results on the battlefield speak for themselves. Good is not good enough. Ukranians have lost a great deal of fighters. On top of that Russia is simply upping the ante by using lethal offensive weaponry.

Yes, US/NATO are hoping. You don't win a war by hoping. Putin isn't going anywhere. Let the US/NATO first showcase a win against Russia. We will talk about China afterwards. China is in a different class. As US/NATO are busy waging war with Russia the Chinese aren't sitting idle. The Chinese are preparing for the worst.

To further compound the problem, the worst Western fear has become a reality. China and Russia are today aligned. Why shouldn't they be? Both are a target for Western powers. That makes them natural allies.

Hi oldie, you are repeating what you often repeat. It isn't happening man. This time around Russia means business. You created Putin after unleashing the Mujahideen and disintegrating Russia. You remember that oldie, don't you? What you are witnessing today is a little payback.

Afghanistan happened because you had some ISI lackeys on our side to assist you in creating Jihadi fighters. How are you going to have an Afghanistan without Jihadi fighters? Ukrainians are softies in comparison.

You are on the backfoot buddy. Just soak it in.

Mujahideen model works in Afghanistan due to its landlocked geography, it will be utter flop in Ukraine.

Ukrainians have put much more fight than Mujahideen ever could in any battle.

Russian army in Ukraine is much stronger than the Soviet army ever was in Afghanistan in the 1980s. Russians were learning as well.

Ukraine's problem is absolute lack of capable Air Force in the present.

I have to admit, Russians have surprised in Bakhmut, I see Russian balls of steel in Bakhmut.

there could be a scenario that Ukraine runs out of soldiers even before Russia runs out of budget. Russia could borrow some money from China but is Germany willing to lend its soldiers to Ukraine? very doubtful. EU definitely cannot do this alone.

but of course China won't be directly buying Russian bonds unless Putin is making an offer that is really hard to say no to.
That’s fantasy. Should be at least close to reality. Otherwise people laugh off. I can dream of every day is bonus day I get a pay raise.

How will Ukraine run out of men? By all assessments Russia suffers twice casualties than Ukraine. Ukraine army, territorial defense force have more one million members. That’s about the size of Russia army. Putin now orders to increase the size to 1.5 million. Ukraine will do the same. This war of attrition will be here for a while. Russia apparently prepare for the second mobilization. Will be another 300,000 men.

Russia will run out of money by next year most likely one year from now. Putin will run to China to ask for money.

81 missiles to kill 6 Ukraines. I don’t know what the Russians doing. Ukraine air defense working. Such terror missile attack have very little effect. The Russians waste time and money.

81 missiles to kill 6 Ukraines. I don’t know what the Russians doing. Ukraine air defense working. Such terror missile attack have very little effect. The Russians waste time and money.

The aim was to target infrastructure and not to kill civilians you dope! And they achieved that aim with flying colours. Power outages across the board. You sound desperate.

The aim was to target infrastructure and not to kill civilians you dope! And they achieved that aim with flying colours. Power outages across the board. You sound desperate.

Russian tactic of taking out electricity and water during winter to pressure civilian population has failed though.
They could not maintain the numbers of succesfull attacks needed where ukranian systems would collapse (for longer periods of time).

It seems they dropped that aim and goal is now to use it to wear down ukranian patience/will to fight. To eventually settle for terms.

That’s fantasy. Should be at least close to reality. Otherwise people laugh off. I can dream of every day is bonus day I get a pay raise.

How will Ukraine run out of men? By all assessments Russia suffers twice casualties than Ukraine. Ukraine army, territorial defense force have more one million members. That’s about the size of Russia army. Putin now orders to increase the size to 1.5 million. Ukraine will do the same. This war of attrition will be here for a while. Russia apparently prepare for the second mobilization. Will be another 300,000 men.

Russia will run out of money by next year most likely one year from now. Putin will run to China to ask for money.
these rear troops are very unlikely to be used for offensives, I doubt Ukraine by now has enough manpower left to launch another large scale offensive which will most probably happen at the southern front.

Guess we will find out about that once the tanks arrive.

these rear troops are very unlikely to be used for offensives, I doubt Ukraine by now has enough manpower left to launch another large scale offensive which will most probably happen at the southern front.

Guess we will find out about that once the tanks arrive.
2022 saw 20.000 ukranian soldiers trained abroad.

For 2023 that number is expected to rise to 45.000-50.000.

Enough for some mobile spearhead divisions.
It also shows ukraine is not that pressed to not be able to train up this reserve.

Summer/autumn counter is coming.
Its level of succes will be very important though. for longer public and foreign support for the war.

Russian tactic of taking out electricity and water during winter to pressure civilian population has failed though.
They could not maintain the numbers of succesfull attacks needed where ukranian systems would collapse (for longer periods of time).

It seems they dropped that aim and goal is now to use it to wear down ukranian patience/will to fight. To eventually settle for terms.
You can't be serious:-"Russian tactic of taking out electricity and water during winter to pressure civilian population has failed though.
1678439814717.jpeg

Last edited:
Attacking Energy Infrastructure didn't work last Nov to Feb this year when it was dead winter when it was always under -5C. It won't work now when Kyiv weather is 10C plus.

Power Outage didn't work on the frontline, and it sure as hell didn't break the morale of the Ukrainian. All it created is some poor soul can't stream from Netflix sitting in their Kyiv Apartment......

Back
Top Bottom