What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

It’s more my friend. We will see 2 battalions leopards 2, 6 battalions leopards 1. A battalion has about 30 tanks. Germany will provide infantry tanks, rescue tanks, training, spare parts in addition. The sentiment in the West has hardened. Now all want Ukraine to win, not to struck a faked peace or ceasefire on negotiation table.

I am for Germany returning to Cold War production rate. They made 40 leopards 2 per month. Today with Putin running amok backed by unlimited friend China we can increase tank production to 100 or 200 per month.

Ukraine needs lots more tanks. The spring offensive against hooligans coming. Ukraine says they will not spare Russia territory.

2023-02-14T074515Z-2120126838-RC239Z9FKAUW-RTRMADP-3-UKRAINE-CRISIS-BAKHMUT.jpg

Ukrainische Soldaten im Osten des Landes.
(Foto: REUTERS)

I agree with you; I'm also down for sending some F-16s there too.
Time to save freedom and democracy; there should be no hesitation when you get involved; it's time to go nutty in Europe.

** Kamas kam ham ko thora sakoon mil jai ga ** :-)

I am for Germany returning to Cold War production rate. They made 40 leopards 2 per month. Today with Putin running amok backed by unlimited friend China we can increase tank production to 100 or 200 per month.
i don't see any China support is that the new propaganda project ?
The sentiment in the West has hardened. Now all want Ukraine to win, not to struck a faked peace or ceasefire on negotiation table.
then you must do a lot more . the amount of help mentioned here is only good for a stalemate and it's right NATO is not in war production mode , well Russia also is not in that mode.
Ukraine needs lots more tanks. The spring offensive against hooligans coming. Ukraine says they will not spare Russia territory.
there is no time to arm Ukraine enough for that with current help rate , maybe in summer ,but for spring offensive there must be a lot more help , well unless Ukraine opt to massively use chemical weapon instead of using them on sporadically

Time to save freedom and democracy; there should be no hesitation when you get involved; it's time to go nutty in Europe.

Yes time to increase arms production. Ukraine will run out legacy Soviet fighter jets soon. They need replacement. And that’s only western fighter jets.
Ukraine eventually needs either western security guarantees or possession of nuclear weapons.
At the state of union address Putin says he wants to take back “Russia’s historic lands”. That means international laws, nation borders mean nothing. He can declare everything to historic Russia. That’s an open declaration of war against Europe.

as said before , Ukrainian don't knew how to operate f-16 effectively , better send them mig-29 and su-27 from around the world.
if 6 month ago the training of Ukrainian pilots on f-16 started it need at least one year or more of training for them to become efficient with one new and completely different jet

Yes time to increase arms production. Ukraine eventually needs either western security guarantees or possession of nuclear weapons. At the state of union address Putin says he wants to take back “Russia’s historic lands”. That means international laws, nation borders mean nothing. He can declare everything to historic Russia.
security guarantee , are you guys still believe in existence of such nonsense

i don't see any China support is that the new propaganda project ?

then you must do a lot more . the amount of help mentioned here is only good for a stalemate and it's right NATO is not in war production mode , well Russia also is not in that mode.

there is no time to arm Ukraine enough for that with current help rate , maybe in summer ,but for spring offensive there must be a lot more help , well unless Ukraine opt to massively use chemical weapon instead of using them on sporadically
China supports Russia war of aggression. They don’t even hide it. Ok they don’t send arms yet. But I think it’s just a matter of time. The US says China wants to send suicide drones as Putin runs out of Iran drones. Chinese will gradually send small arms then later heavier stuffs. Once China does it, the Chinese become a legitimate target for sanctions. and who knows what more coming.

Ukraine certainly needs more weapons. Ukraine needs 2 million rounds of artillery alone per year, just to keep the current firing rate. They are at war with Russia, not some minor countries.

China supports Russia war of aggression. They don’t even hide it. Ok they don’t send arms yet. But I think it’s just a matter of time. The US says China wants to send suicide drones as Putin runs out of Iran drones.
do you believe its possible for Russia to ran out of Iran drone ? russia have its own small drone program . let compare shahed-136 with lancet .
a question for you which one is more sophisticated or how hard is for Mig factory to produce Shahed-136.
how hard it is for Mikron and Angstrom to produce the chips inside them ? or do you believe Russia will have any problem building that two stroke engine for the drone or the warhead .

the only thing special about Gran-2 is as it's based on Shahed-136 its cheap to produce and its easy to produce a single workshop can also build 10-20 of it per day
Chinese will gradually send small arms then later heavier stuffs. Once China does it, the Chinese become a legitimate target for sanctions. and who knows what more coming.
and well unless there be a unsc resolution against it I don't believe any sanction will be legitimate . they are just another one sided illegitimate sanction

@jhungary , going through the number of tanks the Russians lost - its mora than the entire tank arsenal of its close neighbors. I know the Soviet production machine churned out a lot but how bad did they **** up to need to bring T-62s out. At this rate they might as well start greasing the wheels on their museum T-34s

@jhungary , going through the number of tanks the Russians lost - its mora than the entire tank arsenal of its close neighbors. I know the Soviet production machine churned out a lot but how bad did they **** up to need to bring T-62s out. At this rate they might as well start greasing the wheels on their museum T-34s
I think the visual confirm rate is now at 1600+

Just for context, An US ABCT have 93 tanks per brigade.4 brigade made up a division, 1600 is almost 4 Division worth of Tanks. that's a field army....and that's just visually confirmed loss, not counting unseen destroyed, damaged and soft killed tank....

The Russian only have around 4000 modern tanks, of those 4-500 T-90, and the rest are made up of T-80 and T-72, if they have visually 1600+ tanks getting destroyed, their 4000 tanks stock is coming down really quick, most likely 2 times damaged (Whether or not it was beyond repair), T-62 is a simple tank, it will take less effort to bring it back to life than old and stored T-72, but yes, if they keep this rate going, first they will probably try to restore some old T-72 stock, and then they may need to bring in T-55 or even T-34 to fight......

do you believe its possible for Russia to ran out of Iran drone ? russia have its own small drone program . let compare shahed-136 with lancet .
a question for you which one is more sophisticated or how hard is for Mig factory to produce Shahed-136.
how hard it is for Mikron and Angstrom to produce the chips inside them ? or do you believe Russia will have any problem building that two stroke engine for the drone or the warhead .

the only thing special about Gran-2 is as it's based on Shahed-136 its cheap to produce and its easy to produce a single workshop can also build 10-20 of it per day

and well unless there be a unsc resolution against it I don't believe any sanction will be legitimate . they are just another one sided illegitimate sanction
Iran shaheed drone in 2022 is in the same category of Germany V1 in 1944. A terror weapon, to terrorize civil population, it’s not for military targets. In terms of technology those Iran suicide drones are even more primitive than of V1 made by the Germans.
Good question why the Russians can’t copy it. Actually Russia has own suicide drone program. Putin needs every weapons he can produce and he can buy from others. Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, China.

1677398309111.png

SATCOM cannot be jammed, they are using direct node to node, it's not COMSAT...you need a dedicated gateway to access Military Satellite, you can't just go thru any gateway to access a Military Satellite. You can spoof the 3MW radio signal tho, but you can't jam it.

UHF is radio frequency, that's correct, but the wavelength from 300MHz to 3GHz, good luck jamming the right frequency.

Again, those doomsday plane would have taken charge once all comm was lost, that happens in maybe 5 seconds.
Ref the highlighted, I hope his country's military hire him as a testical...I mean...technical consultant.

How are you going to find out where to jam, especially when the transmitter like TACAMO, is mobile in 3D space? The greater the spectrum to jam, the greater the power requirement, and make you vulnerable to anti-radiation missiles. Even if you have the power, do you have the time as in how long can you flood the targeted spectrum with all that power? TACAMO and AACP can compress the data and burst their transmissions, so how long can anyone sustain that much jamming power?

I am not sure,

What I have heard is that 50 of those 178 Leo 1 was directly from that private collector from Belgium

That guy was in talk with Belgium and German government of those tank off for refit and eventually to Ukraine. Last I heard is the German is thinking to pick up the slack and an agreement has been made and will bring 50 back and refit them so they can be of battle ready. Not sure was this included in that announcement for the 178 export license granted.

I don't know how many Leo 1 would the Dutch and the Dane wanted to donate. But I do know there are quite a bit in Germany stock alone that were stored and ready for disposal, if I am not mistaken, they are all A5 standard.
In Germany Rheinmetall has 88 stored and FFG about 100 stored. The FFG bought those 100 Leopard 1A5DK from the danish army ten years ago. My guess is the 178 export license is the 1A5 stored at those two places. There is no agreement on the 50 stored in Belgium yet.

I am not sure if there is an agreement to donate all of the 178 licensed yet. So far I have heard 20-40 from Denmark delivered by FFG and 88 from Germany delivered by Rheinmetall. Maybe the dutch are donating the remaining 1A5 from FFG.
But it will take time to get them ready. I heard 20 by spring and a total of 100 in 2023.

The USA attacks Russia and sanctions China at the same time, so it is natural for China and Russia to align. But it is ridiculous that the United States sells weapons to Taiwan and wants China not to support Russia. :coffee: :coffee:

Snipaste_2023-02-26_15-26-52.jpg

Ref the highlighted, I hope his country's military hire him as a testical...I mean...technical consultant.

How are you going to find out where to jam, especially when the transmitter like TACAMO, is mobile in 3D space? The greater the spectrum to jam, the greater the power requirement, and make you vulnerable to anti-radiation missiles. Even if you have the power, do you have the time as in how long can you flood the targeted spectrum with all that power? TACAMO and AACP can compress the data and burst their transmissions, so how long can anyone sustain that much jamming power?

Also not to forget frequencies hopping. there is virtually no way anyone can jam a UHF signal.

In Germany Rheinmetall has 88 stored and FFG about 100 stored. The FFG bought those 100 Leopard 1A5DK from the danish army ten years ago. My guess is the 178 export license is the 1A5 stored at those two places. There is no agreement on the 50 stored in Belgium yet.

I am not sure if there is an agreement to donate all of the 178 licensed yet. So far I have heard 20-40 from Denmark delivered by FFG and 88 from Germany delivered by Rheinmetall. Maybe the dutch are donating the remaining 1A5 from FFG.
But it will take time to get them ready. I heard 20 by spring and a total of 100 in 2023.
I have no idea......I think we will know when they actually start deliver those tank.

178 leopards 1 will be delivered in tranches, because those tanks must be refitted, readied for the war. Here the official statement of defense ministry of Germany. 100 leo1 will be given to Ukraine by Q1 2024. The rest later. The first delivery will begin in Q3 2022.
Also, important, German army will train 600 Ukraine army members on pioneers. They will form the spearhead for the tank battalions.

Back
Top Bottom