What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

rode on both Canadian and Australian Leo 1. Was in exercise with the Canadian when I was in the Army, and had rode on one when I move to Australia in a tank museum. They can be good, the Australian version is more "bare bone" than the Canadian version, they are mostly comparable, in terms of gun sight and fire control computer than our early Abrams (1990s-2000s, not later M1A2 SEP)

Again, Leo 1 in that number can be deadly if they were at least around C2 or later A5 upgrade. Those are the tanks you want to ride across the battlefield engaging moving target. Those are the "Run and Gun" type of tanks with enough speed to weave in and out of battlefield but also have the right amount of accuracy to shoot on the move.

Those tank can do wrap around attack just as well as the new version (Abrams, Leo 2 and Challenger 2)

JDAM can only be good if they can achieve local air superiority, the thing I reckon to look for is GLSDB that is coming in with the new M142 HIMARS. Those things are going to hit longer range (150 km +) which give the newly formed ABCT a lot of coverage with a single battery of M270 or HIMARS.
The coalition of Germany, The Dutch and Denmark is providing the 1A5. The 1A5DK has improved armor, advanvanced target and fire control (for the time). About 100 in stock at FFG. Just saw a former tank battalion commander on the 1A5DK saying its better than Leopard 2A4 considering tank on tank battles are rare in Ukraine (his personal best was hitting a target 3 km away in bad weather while driving 40 km/h). But Ukraine would prabably only recieve 20 this spring and 100 in 2023.

Last edited:
As I've been saying for weeks, the Ukrainians need to withdraw from Bakhmut back to the Sloviansk line. Those lines and fortifications have been in place since 2014. Much, Much stronger lines.

As I've been saying for weeks, the Ukrainians need to withdraw from Bakhmut back to the Sloviansk line. Those lines and fortifications have been in place since 2014. Much, Much stronger lines.
I think the weather is going to to favour the ukrainians north and south of Bakhmut from now on, maybe they just caught a break.
B949F002-AF7F-4DF1-93C3-881C4002EE09.jpeg

The Russian Wagner units are advancing deep into the city of Bakhmut at a very rapid rate across all axes, where the fiercest battles are now being waged.
💥: Wagner units target all locations and movements of the Ukrainian army and foreign mercenaries inside the city, leaving no room for them to escape.

Fp2RlFuWYAI0Zfp

@id7p_

It is happening now.. Russian forces are attacking with incendiary thermite bombs the positions and fortifications of the Ukrainian army in Konstantinovka, southwest of Bakhmut.

Officially: Russian Wagner units took control of the entire settlement of Yagodnoye, the entire settlement of Dubovo Vasilievka, and the entire Stupka district north of Bakhmut.
-☠️: Wagner units advanced in the Zapakhmutka neighborhood, east of Bakhmut, and took control of many streets and buildings, and are now 350 meters away from the city center!.

Former Russian diplomat Vyacheslav Matuzov: There is no room for a political solution in Ukraine because America sees Russia's victory as China's victory..

The Ukrainian high command ordered..the blow up of the dam on the Severnaya Stavka on the outskirts of the city of Bakhmut to slow down the Wagner rapid advance..

Last edited:
Those positions are better defended as they lay on higher ground. However it’s not the right time yet, Ukraine army strategy appears to kill as much Russians as they can. Ukraine is preparing the counteroffensive in April or May.

Have to pull out vital equipment and do a strategic retreat (no encirclements, flanks protected, preferred night troop withdrawals).

I said weeks ago, Bakhmut is of no value. Zero. Get ready for a Ukrainian offensive, rather than leave your troops in Bakhmut and let equipment and manpower get captured.

If Ukraine does Kherson offensives to recapture huge chucks of Ukraine, and Russians focus on little worthless towns such as Bakhmut, Ukraine wins. The key is timing the retreat, and don't do it at the last minute. And have retreat protected. Don't have Ukraine be stupid and have a repeat of Stalingrad, which was of no value, simply encircle, shell, and move on instead of lose an army and valuable equipment over a worthless battle.

The coalition of Germany, The Dutch and Denmark is providing the 1A5. The 1A5DK has improved armor, advanvanced target and fire control (for the time). About 100 in stock at FFG. Just saw a former tank battalion commander on the 1A5DK saying its better than Leopard 2A4 considering tank on tank battles are rare in Ukraine (his personal best was hitting a target 3 km away in bad weather while driving 40 km/h). But Ukraine would prabably only recieve 20 this spring and 100 in 2023.
I am not sure,

What I have heard is that 50 of those 178 Leo 1 was directly from that private collector from Belgium

That guy was in talk with Belgium and German government of those tank off for refit and eventually to Ukraine. Last I heard is the German is thinking to pick up the slack and an agreement has been made and will bring 50 back and refit them so they can be of battle ready. Not sure was this included in that announcement for the 178 export license granted.

I don't know how many Leo 1 would the Dutch and the Dane wanted to donate. But I do know there are quite a bit in Germany stock alone that were stored and ready for disposal, if I am not mistaken, they are all A5 standard.

No, if you are talking about a first strike already launch, sleepy joe and the rest of the executive branch are assumed to be incapacitated. That's why TACAMO is in charge, whoever SAC general was in that TACAMO plane in charge of all minutemen silo and whoever admiral was on that Mercury Looking Glass will be in charge of the Naval launch (Ballistic Sub and carrier based nuke)

And these comm will not be only on RF, it's either UHF or Satellite communication, TACAMO plane can accommodate everything from Satellite network to morse code. All these plane have already been put thru every type of jamming, and remember US is THE LEADING POWER of E-Dub.

Sleepy joe Command Authority only exist when the US is doing the first strike, if someone else already detonated nuke in the US, either Sleepy Joe have to come up and take the charge or ABNCP will be put in charge until a line of succession can be determined.
UHF and SATCOM are RF communications, it can be jammed.

You can make harder jamming with freq hops and things like that, but never it's impossible.

A nuclear war would be decided in one hour, I think if the retaliation is no immediate, it wont be, and the bomb-eater will negotiate, just like Japan did.

Back
Top Bottom