What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

There is no indication Ukrainian loss is higher or even as high as Russia. In fact, Ukraine is still making use of the 700,000 they raised back in June 2022, and Russia is moving on to the second mobilised troop.

There is a reason why even Russia now dumps all the Mobilised men they have back in Oct 2022 and they still lacking progress. Russia attrition rate is at least on par with the Ukrainian, if not worse (as military strategist dictated)
If thats the case, which seems is right. Then, Russia can only save there faces if they either have total victory or entirely lose.

1677236689494.png

New $2B package coming from USAI

If thats the case, which seems is right. Then, Russia can only save there faces if they either have total victory or entirely lose.
I can't see how Russia could sustain another offensive.

Military Doctrine dictated you need overwhelming force to push over a garrison and make a move, the lowest ratio when you have both Air and Artillery Superiority is 1 to 3. I don't see how this number is possible,

if russia is smart, they would use the number to fortify their gain and repel an Ukrainian offensive that is known to be coming. Otherwise they are going to lose what they gain back in 2022.

US defense secretary tells CNN military aid to Ukraine will ‘change the dynamics’ of war with Russia​

CNN —
The US believes the training and equipment it is providing Ukraine will “change the dynamics on the battlefield” in the war against Russia and allow Kyiv’s forces to “breach Russian defenses,” Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said in an interview with CNN’s Kaitlan Collins for “CNN This Morning” on Thursday.

“We’re training and equipping several brigades of mechanized infantry — that’s a pretty substantial capability,” Austin said. “In addition to that, additional artillery, and so they’ll have the ability to breach Russian defenses and maneuver, and I think that will create a different dynamic.”

Austin’s comments come as the war in Ukraine reaches the one-year mark, with seemingly no end in sight. It also comes on the heels of a highly secretive and surprise visit to Kyiv by President Joe Biden, which aimed to send a stark message about the strength of the two nations’ alliance to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Indeed, Austin echoed a common sentiment among other American officials, including Biden, to CNN, reiterating that the US will stick with Ukraine for as long as it takes.

“As long as Ukraine continues to conduct operations and continues to work to take back its sovereign territory, we’ll be there with them,” he said, adding that “the international community will be with Ukraine once the fighting stops.”

The US and its allies have provided billions of dollars’ worth of ammunition, weapons systems, and training to the Ukrainians since the war began one year ago – $29.8 billion of that coming from the US alone since the beginning of Russia’s invasion. Recently that has included significant items like the Patriot missile system and M1 Abrams tanks, though both require substantial training and maintenance capabilities.

Those additional capabilities will make all the difference, Austin said.

“I think the things that we’re doing, the capability that we’re providing – again, capability, not just a platform – the capabilities that we’re providing I think will enable the Ukrainians begin to change the dynamics on the battlefield,” he said. “And so rather than having a stalemate, what you’ll probably see is Ukrainians shaping this fight so they can create opportunities for themselves and exploit those opportunities going forward.”

Austin said in Brussels last week that countries involved in the Ukraine Defense Contact Group have been “working hard” to ensure Ukraine has the capability it needs to create “the effects on the battlefield they want to create,” particularly in a renewed offensive he expects Ukraine to launch this spring.

Last edited:
I can't see how Russia could sustain another offensive.

Military Doctrine dictated you need overwhelming force to push over a garrison and make a move, the lowest ratio when you have both Air and Artillery Superiority is 1 to 3. I don't see how this number is possible,

if russia is smart, they would use the number to fortify their gain and repel an Ukrainian offensive that is known to be coming. Otherwise they are going to lose what they gain back in 2022.

Sometimes it feels like Russian strategy is indeed poor and sometimes it feels as if Russians are just prolonging the war for something big. But again you could be right. What kind of ruse is being played is beyond traditional means of warfare. This war has baffled many.

what's the use of logistics without men to operate them .
the war is not sustainable as its now . I doubt it can last even 4 year by the amount of loss there ..

and Ukraine loss of personnel is as high even higher than Russia

All this chaos because of one man!

Sometimes it feels like Russian strategy is indeed poor and sometimes it feels as if Russians are just prolonging the war for something big. But again you could be right. What kind of ruse is being played is beyond traditional means of warfare. This war has baffled many.

The Russians went to war without any strategy or military leadership; obsolete Soviet era weapons; and untrained conscript soldiers. While Vlad forgot that the Soviet Union had already been defeated in the Cold War.

First of all, it's naive to think Russia do not process the power to bring down Ukraine. Sheer power, from number to technological edge, Russia trump Ukraine by properly a long mile.

The problem is more of a Human Factor, the closest I can get to is when Stalin Purge all the competent officer leading to the beginning of the WW2 disaster. I mean, if you put a NATO low level flag officer in charge of Russian military, they probably won't be doing a lot of stuff the Russian is doing, hell, even if you put me in charge, as a high level field officer, I will not do a lot of stuff the Russian command did.

The problem for the Russian is, they don't have a clear objective, nor a plan to follow, even 1 year after the war, the offensive Russia launch can mostly classify as "General Offensive" which is basically a local charge when you put people and equipment on the line. There don't seem to be a specific objective or even general objective they want to achieve, other than land grab and grab any land they can. If you compare it to how Ukrainian fight, Ukrainian uses a lot more flare and finesse on their offensive, they announce they are going to push south, when they were pushing North, they hit strategic target instead of just target appear to be random, I mean, you can look at how Ukrainian build up their momentum resulting on Russia retreat from their only major gain in Ukraine, Kherson, a city of 1 millions population but was systematically degraded from attacking the Kerch bridge to daily bombardment of the Antovonisky Bridge (Pardon my spelling)to denied the Russian logistic, all those are done with a purpose, this is how you should fight a war.

The original goal for the Russian is not in a way they can achieve with the number they had, they have to know that, but they did it anyway, and that set off a chain of event they are blogged into this quagmire, it start with too many flame to feed, then you loses your momentum, and then basically what Russia do now is they are losing control the entire battlefield. The who go what, where and when is missing for the Russian, and until they can find it again, there are not going to be any breakthrough, effectively the best thing Russia can do at this point is to withdraw generally and consolidate, trying to think what is your plan B when plan A obviously not working, before they were forced out of their position. Again, I can't see how Russia is going to turn this war around, the stuff that they are currently doing is basically just put number and resource in, and you will need a lot more troop to go after Ukrainian if all you do is put men and resource in.

Man 4 years ? damn that is huge time.
at the start i taught it could last a lot more

There is no indication Ukrainian loss is higher or even as high as Russia. In fact, Ukraine is still making use of the 700,000 they raised back in June 2022, and Russia is moving on to the second mobilised troop.
they are literally collecting people from streets

All this chaos because of one man!

The Russians went to war without any strategy or military leadership; obsolete Soviet era weapons; and untrained conscript soldiers. While Vlad forgot that the Soviet Union had already been defeated in the Cold War.
let say two man and agree on that

lol, you forget the bodybuilder

And you know this how? Were you walking in the Ukrainian street and got "collected"??

I WAS in Ukraine, I have friend who still in Ukraine, I certainly don't see anyone being drag from the street to serve when I was there. And none of my friend were dragged into the military if they don't want to, in fact, they start letting male out of Ukraine.

And you know this how? Were you walking in the Ukrainian street and got "collected"??

I WAS in Ukraine, I have friend who still in Ukraine, I certainly don't see anyone being drag from the street to serve when I was there. And none of my friend were dragged into the military if they don't want to, in fact, they start letting male out of Ukraine.
sometimes a video get published here or there or some recruiting officer get beaten and ....

Underestimating the enemy has destroyed many armies.

The Ukrainian side is currently firing between 5,000 and 6,000 artillery rounds per day, according to most Western assessments, while estimates of Russian fire have varied hugely from anywhere between 5,000 and 60,000 shells per day.

Russian artillery has drop by 75% , moths ago.

An Rt report. What can you expect.

All reports show that it is Russian armillary that is running low ,

Even Wagner chief complained that : " Mercenaries slaughtered because of ‘shell hunger "

The increasingly vitriolic owner of the Russian mercenary firm the Wagner Group hit out at Russia’s military elite by publishing a grim image of dozens of his fighters he said were killed after being deprived of ammunition while battling Ukrainian troops.

~

Last edited:
sometimes a video get published here or there or some recruiting officer get beaten and ....
That video was debunked, it was a disagreement between some soldier and civilian.

You have to be really naive to believe Ukraine don't have enough young man willing to die for their country.....You are talking about 1/20 male population, that's before counting the woman...

Back
Top Bottom