What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

really? i thought i had read many about fire and forget atgm...
MAN-PORTABLE........for chris sake. Seeker alone is usually 5 to 10kg, have you ever try to haul those around?

Most Man Portable are either unguided or wire guided, you would have to put a radar receiver to have it self guiding capability to make it "fire and forget". These type of missile are generally crew serve or vehicle mounted.

I mean, try hauling this around

SPIKE_ATGM.jpg

These thing would have stick out like sore thumb for pre-assault recon sweep, and would be dealt with by Artillery or Suicide drone. Switchblade was designed to engage these type of weapon.

Man Portable AT is a static weapon

MAN-PORTABLE........for chris sake. Seeker alone is usually 5 to 10kg, have you ever try to haul those around?

Most Man Portable are either unguided or wire guided, you would have to put a radar receiver to have it self guiding capability to make it "fire and forget". These type of missile are generally crew serve or vehicle mounted.

I mean, try hauling this around

View attachment 916611

These thing would have stick out like sore thumb for pre-assault recon sweep, and would be dealt with by Artillery or Suicide drone. Switchblade was designed to engage these type of weapon.
Oh, look, even India has some...how about US?

Oh, look, even India has some...how about US?

This is "CREW SERVED" Weapon for Christ sake. That thing weighted 30KG....

11.jpg

BGM-71 TOW also can do fire and forget and is "man-portable", can you haul this around

1280px-Hires_090509-A-4842R-001a.jpg

Just because something have "Man-Portable" in its name does not mean they are actually man portable. M2 Machinegun is also man portable, would you haul a 14.5 kg M2 machinegun and run around in battlefield??

Jesus, you are really something aren't ya?

This is "CREW SERVED" Weapon for Christ sake. That thing weighted 30KG....

View attachment 916613

BGM-71 TOW also can do fire and forget and is "man-portable", can you haul this around

View attachment 916612

Just because something have "Man-Portable" in its name does not mean they are actually man portable. M2 Machinegun is also man portable, would you haul a 14.5 kg M2 machinegun and run around in battlefield??

Jesus, you are really something aren't ya?

Well, in total 29 Kg. That is not much. Ok, i dont know how the US army has minimum requirements at their soldiers, but if i look at other armies where the soldiers walk 10+ km with 30-40 kg backpack/equipment....

But anyway, you only try to distract from the "fire and forget" option. The usual behavior of you.

Well, in total 29 Kg. That is not much. Ok, i dont know how the US army has minimum requirements at their soldiers, but if i look at other armies where the soldiers walk 10+ km with 30-40 kg backpack/equipment....

But anyway, you only try to distract from the "fire and forget" option. The usual behavior of you.
If you run naked in the battlefield, yes, 29 kg is not much.

MICH Helmet + Modular Communication device is around 4KG

Body Armour with 4 SAPI plate (Front, Back + 2 sides) is 7.4 kg

M4 Rifle with 30 rounds is 3.5 kg

10 30x M4 Mag = 6Kg (600g per mag)

2x M67 Grenade = 1KG

Those thing alone is 21.9kg. Taht is before you have MRE, Change of clothes, Rug, IFAK and anything you might need, just helmet , body armour, rifle, mags and 2 grenade, not even a rug, you are hauling 21.9kg, sure, add another 29KG on that individual, my wife didn't even weight 50KG. I am sorry, not every soldier can be Arnold Schwarzenegger

And no, I did not detract from talking about Fire and Forget, I am talking about man portable system, if you think 29 kg is "Man Portable" well, that's only mean you are either Arnold Schwarzenegger or you are stupid.......

Or you just like to fight war naked.

Last edited:
If you run naked in the battlefield, yes, 29 kg is not much.

MICH Helmet + Modular Communication device is around 4KG

Body Armour with 4 SAPI plate (Front, Back + 2 sides) is 7.4 kg

M4 Rifle with 30 rounds is 3.5 kg

10 30x M4 Mag = 6Kg (600g per mag)

2x M67 Grenade = 1KG

Those thing alone is 21.9kg. Taht is before you have MRE, Change of clothes, Rug, IFAK and anything you might need, just helmet , bodyarmour, rifle, mags and 2 grenade, you are hauling 21.9kg, sure, add another 29KG on that individual, my wife didn't even weight 50KG. I am sorry, not every soldier can be Arnold Schwarzenegger

And no, I did not detract from talking about Fire and Forget, I am talking about man portable system, if you think 29 kg is "Man Portable" then be my guest.

Well, maybe that is the normal standard in US army for atgm personal. I would not do it like this if i would be in charge. For me it makes no sense to let carry the atmg-man all these things. In my world he would be embedded into a group. But hey! If you want to do it like you said, do it, or leave it! I have no problem with that. For me it was important to show that your "atgm always static cause seeker blabla" is outdated and fire and forget is in - even with man portable.

Well, maybe that is the normal standard in US army for atgm personal. I would not do it like this if i would be in charge. For me it makes no sense to let carry the atmg-man all these things. In my world he would be embedded into a group. But hey! If you want to do it like you said, do it, or leave it! I have no problem with that. For me it was important to show that your "atgm always static cause seeker blabla" is outdated and fire and forget is in - even with man portable.
Dude, you still need the basic if you are going to war, no matter what you carry, that's Helmet, Body Armour, Rifle and Spare Mag, okay I don't carry 2 Frag, so it's 20.9kg weight I am carry already okay. Or do you want other to carry those basic gear for you so you can haul that 29KG "Man Portable" ATGM around and you runs ball free?

I never said ATGM is always static, I said "Fire and Forget" ATGM are always statics because of the weight, again, if you think you can carry that 29Kg around in battlefield that's you, nobody would ever do that because you don't just need the basic to survive, and no one is going to haul your stuff for you.

This isn't Call of Duty video game, we are talking about real war, real equipment, try hauling 50KG and run 100 meters and you will see how impossible it was, of course you can do it in the game tho.

Well, make more sense than you can haul 29KG of gear around on top of your own in war.

Well, that is what you would do as you said. I wouldnt do it as i said in this post before

Well, that is what you would do as you said. I wouldnt do it as i said in this post before
I mean, if your standard is everyone is Arnold Schwarzenegger, then yes.

Otherwise unless you fancy to fight butt naked, 29 kilogram is not something you can haul around, particularly when those 29 kilograms cannot be put in a backpack for weight reduction.

I mean, if you think hauling that ATGM , JUST THAT, with JUST basic equipment (would already be 50KG) is man portable, well, I am pretty sure only in your world that make sense.

I mean, if your standard is everyone is Arnold Schwarzenegger, then yes.

Otherwise unless you fancy to fight butt naked, 29 kilogram is not something you can haul around, particularly when those 29 kilograms cannot be put in a backpack for weight reduction.

I mean, if you think hauling that ATGM , JUST THAT, with JUST basic equipment (would already be 50KG) is man portable, well, I am pretty sure only in your world that make sense.

Well, as i said some posts before: I would not do it like you wrote it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom