What's new

Russia to sell additional RD-93 jet engines to China

aimarraul

Reaction score
Russia to sell additional RD-93 jet engines to China

Russia's state-run arms exporter Rosoboronexport is preparing a contract for the delivery of additional RD-93 jet engines to China, a senior official from the company said on Tuesday.

Beijing concluded a $238-mln contract with Moscow in 2005 for supplies of a 100 RD-93 engines with options for another 400 to equip its FC-1 Fierce Dragon fighter jets, jointly developed with Pakistan.

"We are holding new talks with the China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation [CATIC] on another option for additional 100 RD-93 engines," Deputy General Director of Rosoboronexport Alexander Mikheyev said at the Airshow China 2010, which is being held on November 16-21 in Zhuhai.

"We hope that this contract will be signed," Mikheyev added.

The RD-93 engines is a variant of the RD-33 engine developed to power the MiG-29 fighter jet.

The RD-93 was developed by Russia's Klimov design bureau specifically for the FC-1 fighter, known in Pakistan as the JF-17 Thunder.

ZHUHAI (China), November 16 (RIA Novosti)

It would be great if thrust vectoring nozzle (TVN) are implemented in these engines.

Look at the example of rocket with TVN

220px-Gimbaled_thrust_animation.gif

Animation of the motion of a rocket as the thrust is vectored by actuating the nozzle.
JF-17 is small in size and agile in movement, TVN will give the boost to JF manevers

Last edited:
It would be great if thrust vectoring nozzle (TVN) are implemented in these engines.

Look at the example of rocket with TVN

220px-Gimbaled_thrust_animation.gif

Animation of the motion of a rocket as the thrust is vectored by actuating the nozzle.
JF-17 is small in size and agile in movement, TVN will give the boost to JF manevers
That's the animation you chose to explain thrust vectoring? :D

Just kidding, but I think RD-93 will not have this modification done. It will have to be a Chinese invention.

I expect the new engine to be with increased thrust RD33MK type.

no RD93 deal shall go without some indian rona dhona ceremony!

I am bad with names but the company manufacturing the engines or the Jf-17 actually has offered to add vector thrust, so at the moment the only reason such things have not been adopted is either because PAF doesn not feel the need for one or that the Russian government has given the ok yet.

That's the animation you chose to explain thrust vectoring? :D

Just kidding, but I think RD-93 will not have this modification done. It will have to be a Chinese invention.

I found rocket animation, which I think is helpfull for TVN concept.

RD-33 Variaents are being under experiments for this capability for last few months. Dont know its developed or not. but it was under tests for Mig29's.

For the sake of safety, it is still better to use more mature Russian engine for single-engined jets like J-10 and JF-17, our WS-10 is still in the testing stage of its deployment, so it is more convenient to put them first for the twin-engined jets like J-11/J-14/J-15 and so on.

China in process to buy SU-35 and RD-93.....hmmmmm
Its clear China's own WS-10 and other such projects are Failures, and so called J-11/14 is useless to counter current and future threat perception. China has to buy Superior tech while it can sell its inferior tech and fund its R&D with pakistani money and sell stuff to countries which are economically weak and poor!!

I always knew Chinese were Smart, great BUY SU-35 is amazing while you can sell your inferior copies to others, same goes for RD-93!!

Its clear China's own WS-10 and other such projects are Failures, and so called J-11/14 is useless to counter current and future threat perception. China has to buy Superior tech while it can sell its inferior tech and fund its R&D with pakistani money and sell stuff to countries which are economically weak and poor!!

I always knew Chinese were Smart, great BUY SU-35 is amazing while you can sell your inferior copies to others, same goes for RD-93!!

What does RD-93 have to do with WS-10? WS-13 is the replacement model for RD-93, which only recently began taxi runs. As for WS-10, more than 100 of those engines are being produced every year to equip new J-11s.

No, it's India's retribution for double-crossing Russia, both with the nuclear and the transport aircraft deals.

And why da hell does a Brit hate Chinese and Pakistanis so much? PS: India's per capita income isn't that much higher than Pakistan.

Last edited:
No, it's India's retribution for double-crossing Russia, both with the nuclear and the transport aircraft deals.

What do you mean nuclear? without INDO-US nuclear agreement the Russians would not have been able to sign the $700 million nuclear fuel deal and as well as building a further 16 nuclear reactors in India which is big business. The Russians have been the biggest benefiters in closer US-India ties.

What do you mean nuclear? without INDO-US nuclear agreement the Russians would not have been able to sign the $700 million nuclear fuel deal and as well as building a further 16 nuclear reactors in India which is big business. The Russians have been the biggest benefiters in closer US-India ties.

Dude, this deal opens exports of nuclear infrastructure and materials not only from Russia, but the entire Western sphere (excluding Australia).

Would you trust a friend who's going out with your ex?

had they already menufecture the enough FC-1 using the prrvious contrect for 100 engines...??

Back
Top Bottom