What's new

Russia to Deliver Carrier to India in 2012

Does anyone know when all 45 Mig 29ks will be delivered to IN and how many are in service with IN in Goa RIGHT NOW. + Btw will all IN naval aviation be based in Goa even if the ACCs are deployed in the West and East coasts?

Does anyone know when all 45 Mig 29ks will be delivered to IN and how many are in service with IN in Goa RIGHT NOW. + Btw will all IN naval aviation be based in Goa even if the ACCs are deployed in the West and East coasts?

The answer to your second question:
IN's air-wing has two components; ship-borne (including carrier-borne) and land based. For example, the present ship-borne aircraft are the Sea Harriers and Helicopters (both on the carrier and other ships). These aircraft always have a shore base, where training and Overhaul/Maintenance is carried out or where the aircraft are parked if the ship herself is undergoing maintenance. For this component, Goa, Bombay, Vizag and Cochin are the shore bases. Of these only Goa is the base for the Sea Harriers. Though there is an Overhaul/Test facility for them at Cochin as well.

Now about the land based component of the air-wing; that comprises of the MRMR and LRMR aircraft like the Dorniers and TU-142s and the MR/ASW aircraft like the Il-38s. Again these are based (depending on operational requirements) at different bases. The TU-142s are based at Arkonam, while the Il-38s are based at Goa. The Dorniers are based on both the East and West coasts. However all these aircraft can be re-deployed and operated from different airfields as per operational needs.

The Coast Guards have their own air-stations also at various places on the coast (again in similar configuration as IN). And the smaller IN aircraft and helicopters can share these facilities (just as CG aircraft can operate from IN air-bases).

With the increase in air assets by both the IN and CG; new bases are being commissioned. Port Blair for the IN and Porbandar for the CG are two examples. So it stands to reason as more aircraft carriers are commissioned, existing bases will be expanded as well as new bases put into service.

The answer to your second question:
IN's air-wing has two components; ship-borne (including carrier-borne) and land based. For example, the present ship-borne aircraft are the Sea Harriers and Helicopters (both on the carrier and other ships). These aircraft always have a shore base, where training and Overhaul/Maintenance is carried out or where the aircraft are parked if the ship herself is undergoing maintenance. For this component, Goa, Bombay, Vizag and Cochin are the shore bases. Of these only Goa is the base for the Sea Harriers. Though there is an Overhaul/Test facility for them at Cochin as well.

Now about the land based component of the air-wing; that comprises of the MRMR and LRMR aircraft like the Dorniers and TU-142s and the MR/ASW aircraft like the Il-38s. Again these are based (depending on operational requirements) at different bases. The TU-142s are based at Arkonam, while the Il-38s are based at Goa. The Dorniers are based on both the East and West coasts. However all these aircraft can be re-deployed and operated from different airfields as per operational needs.

The Coast Guards have their own air-stations also at various places on the coast (again in similar configuration as IN). And the smaller IN aircraft and helicopters can share these facilities (just as CG aircraft can operate from IN air-bases).

With the increase in air assets by both the IN and CG; new bases are being commissioned. Port Blair for the IN and Porbandar for the CG are two examples. So it stands to reason as more aircraft carriers are commissioned, existing bases will be expanded as well as new bases put into service.

Would you happen to know the procedure for embarkation- disembarkation for ACC fast-air assets during deployments. For example the USN ACCs enter and leave port without their carrier wing on board, it joined them once they are out at sea from their own home base. Whilst the RN Harriers enter port with the carrier. Which model does/will the IN adopt? Obviously the USN has their own unique assets and more a/c and bases but given the IN is planning to expand rapidly (100+ state of the art fighters in the next 10 years and 250+ modern helos in the same period)

I'm sorry for being such a bore but these details are extremely interesting to me.

Would you happen to know the procedure for embarkation- disembarkation for ACC fast-air assets during deployments. For example the USN ACCs enter and leave port without their carrier wing on board, it joined them once they are out at sea from their own home base. Whilst the RN Harriers enter port with the carrier. Which model does/will the IN adopt? Obviously the USN has their own unique assets and more a/c and bases but given the IN is planning to expand rapidly (100+ state of the art fighters in the next 10 years and 250+ modern helos in the same period)

I'm sorry for being such a bore but these details are extremely interesting to me.

IN follows the same procedures. When the ship is in port for just a short turnaround; eg. refuelling and resupply, the aircraft are retained on board. If the ship enters port on completion of a planned sea-deployment, the aircraft will debark to the shore base, before the ship berths.

2.33 billion should be the size of Varyag, it is still expensive.

we better stay away from india defence section bro, indian member could be very very "innocent" when the harsh truth come out of Chinese or Pakistanis' mouth
$2.33 billion for Gorkshov carrier including 45 Mig-29K,of which 16 have been delivered...

reminds me of another well-known saying "we manufacture everything in india including the engine",$2.33Billion deal including AC 45 MIG29K and russian girls,wow

we better stay away from india defence section bro, indian member could be very very "innocent" when the harsh truth come out of Chinese or Pakistanis' mouth

reminds me of another well-known saying "we manufacture everything in india including the engine"

Reminds me of another saying "empty vessels make most noise and end up becoming massive trolls".
Funny that there is such profound advice in the first part (refer underlined) and then conveniently forgotten (in the second part).

$2.33 billion for Gorkshov carrier including 45 Mig-29K,of which 16 have been delivered...

I wonder how can 45 Mig-29K fit this carrier that was originally designed for 12 Fixed Wing fighters and 20 helicopters. Perhaps some are reserves? Also if I were not wrong, originally it had no ski-jump right? The change seems pretty radical.

Yes i agree but again ...there are very few countries who are ready to sell aircraft carrier with latest technology to India apart from Russia....

no offence, indian is got 'raped' big time by russians on this deal`!! they are bad bad business men````
See there are estimates that the Indian black money stashed abroad is around 1 trillion dollars. Instead of illegally going into some politicians hands, after all it has reached the workers and the company of a defence firm legally. There is a genuine case of under estimation of the work. Sometimes i see people spending lavishly in hotels and shopping malls and bargaining with the some shop vendors.
I think Russia has helped us so many times (with bad deals for themselves), so the savings of around 500 million dollars in this can be ignored

If you are not using some kind of translator, then you badly need to improve your linguistic skill w.r.t. English.

On the topic, you have proven to have absolutely no idea about why India is taking Gorshkov from Russia. For quite genuine reasons (that you seem unaware of), India is wary of all other nations that are capable of building ACs. Even if this deal were to cost even more, India would have gone ahead with it.

P.S. Usage of such language by you shows nothing more than the quality of citizens produced in the most populous state of this world.

lol take it easy dont be fragile, i just said russians are bad on this case, i'm not trying to hurt ur high-fly national ego``seems u guys need it so badly`:D

Back
Top Bottom