What's new

Russia to build 1000MW nuke power plant in BD

Nope you can count on russians and they will deliver unlike US who always play mind games in the name of nuclear deal.

Brother, do not congratulate until we start/finish. It seems all are mere dream.

Thanks.

Well even if Russia does not comes thru I hope some day china or pakistan could be in position to help out BD ... but russians are more reliable partners then US in term of promisses I agree

China is helping setup few power plants nuclear ones in Pakistan as well

Origionally pakistan was planning to supply gas to BD all the way from Iran but then India did their Indian thing ... we have two gas pipelines going thru pakistan hopefully we can divert one line from China to BD in some form

Ho ho ho. Congrats bangladesh. U got somethng very good. Keep developing.

Good news for Bangladesh. Congratulations !

They need to be very cautious while dealing with Russia. They are the most unrelaiable defence partners, who change their policies, projects, deadlines and deliverables MID-WAY. India and Iran are two prime victims of it, lately.

China might have been a natural partner and better than Russia.

My guess is that India could also help here.

Fighter

Well even if Russia does not comes thru I hope some day china or pakistan could be in position to help out BD ... but russians are more reliable partners then US in term of promisses I agree

China is helping setup few power plants nuclear ones in Pakistan as well

Origionally pakistan was planning to supply gas to BD all the way from Iran but then India did their Indian thing ... we have two gas pipelines going thru pakistan hopefully we can divert one line from China to BD in some form
Pakistan - China - BD is a very long route for gas supply from Iran. A Pakistan-India-BD route is the only feasible route.

Well even if Russia does not comes thru I hope some day china or pakistan could be in position to help out BD ... but russians are more reliable partners then US

The fact is not about Russia/china/or others. The fact is about how serious is BD and its people. At least, somehow Pakistan has succeeded initially to convince USA for N-deal because Pakistan is serious but BD is not at all. Our politicians are not sincere about what they say. They love to deceive with people by saying we’ll do that, or that, or that just to get votes.

I don’t have heard anything ever that Pak/china is willing to extend any gas line up to BD. Where you get this news? Is there any link/article? I do not think that BD needs gas from outside like China/Pak; also it is not practically possible to get gas from Pak via china.

Subject header says 1000MW ... but articles talks about 600MW at Ruppur.. which is correct?

Also how many reactors are bing planned as future roadmap?
There is no real discrepency. When the then east Pakistan govt acquisitioned land in the '60s, 600 MW was our objective. In those days when the total production of power was only 1500 MW, 600 MW was a very big project.

But, the present view is to build a 1000 MW power plant in Rooppur. The land there is waiting for about 45 years without any action being taken. By the time this plant is built and commissioned by the Russians, the installed capacity will already be about 10,000MW.

Brother, do not congratulate until we start/finish. It seems all are mere dream.

Thanks.

Government is doing the right thing putting the N-Plant on backtrack as it requires at least 7 years for comissioning. We need plants which could be operational in 2/3 years and planned coal based and petrolium based plants makes more sense at this current situation.

good for russia
15 odd in india
2 in china
and now bangladesh

nice funds coming our way ...good marketting

Not really. What you are talking about is one of the cause and effect. I was talking about per person consumption being low(BD being a agrarian country, this is not surprise).

I think, you are unnecessarily sticicking to your wrong assumption. It may be valid for India that it consumes less electricity because it has large agricultural community. But, it cannot be applied to our villages.

All our people want to live a better life. Most of the villagers can well-afford electricity in their houses. Electricity should not be regarded as a commodity that should reach only the town houses of rich people. When villagers in Bd have been connected with Internets, how do you propose your silly idea?

Installation of nuclear power plant: Deal with Russia before PM’s visit likely
The government plans to sign a bilateral agreement with Russia to install 600MW to 1,000MW electricity generating nuclear power plant (NPP) before Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina visit to Moscow.

State Minister for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Yafez Osman yesterday told The New Nation about the progress of nuclear power plant at Rooppur.

Sheikh Hasina is likely to visit Russia in June or July, an inter-ministerial meeting at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs discussed yesterday.

"We have progressed remarkably about installation of the nuclear power plant," Yafez Osman said, adding, "I am hopeful to complete bilateral agreement and other formalities with Russia before the prime minister visit to Moscow."

A high powered team led by Yafez Osman in October last year visited the Kalinin Nuclear Power Plant in Russia, about 200 kilometers north-west of Moscow.

"We are convinced about the Russian initiative to generate electricity from nuclear plant," he said.

Earlier, the government has signed a bilateral agreement and a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in May last year in enhancing cooperation between Dhaka and Moscow in peaceful use of nuclear energy, by way of installing a nuclear plant.

Russian government is now scrutinising the deals to sign the final agreement with Bangladesh, an official who had visited Russia along with team told The New Nation yesterday.

About the financial terms to install the plant, he said it would be settled after negotiation between the high-level policy makers of the two countries during bilateral agreement.

The government might take four to five years to implement the planned

600-1000-MW nuclear power plant after signing the final agreement. The cost of the plant might be US$1.5 billion to 2 billion.

The first initiative to install nuclear power plant at Rooppur in Pabna, Bangladesh was taken by the Prime Minister's husband late nuclear scientist Dr Wazed Miah in 1961.

Currently 439 nuclear power plants are producing 16 percent of the total electricity around the world.
The New Nation - Internet Edition

Hi,

During the time that the Indo-US nuclear deal was getting finalised, there was considerable opposition on the grounds that nuclear power is a costly option unless it is used in significant amounts. What will the cost of electricity of such a plant in Bangladesh? Will it be economically viable?

brotherbangladesh...Pakistan herself is struggling when it comes to electrical power generation the figure shown is still not enough for Pakistan, reason is corruption simply. And congrats to BD

Back
Top Bottom