What's new

Russia to bid for Indian Navy submarine tender

What about drdo AIP model ?is it ready for testing ?

250px-S1000sub.jpg

this is the s1000 class submarine which is a joint development between Italy and Russia it is said to be more capable than the Amur class submarine itself which is a less capable version of the Lada class submarine

why is Russia offering IN a less capable Amur class? why not offer Lada subs???? S1000 or Lada class subs should be the IN choice

Both Fincantieri and Rubin gave a joint presentation to the Indian Navy offering to build 6 S1000 boats for $3.5 billion. The other contenders for the project include the Scorpene class submarine of France, the Type 214 submarine of Germany and the Amur class submarine itself from Russia.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

What about drdo AIP model ?is it ready for testing ?

I believe it is already in the process of being inducted into the French Scorpene submarines being built at Mazgaon docks.

Stealth? I doubt it. Kilo class submarines are quiter and Amur is quiter than the Kiloclass.
But yes it does have more endurance in terms of days. Speed though is 2 knots slower than Amur. But is it in the bidding process for the tender? I know the Pakistani Navy is procuring some.

Pakistan navy negotiate but till now the deal is not finalize.Pakistan navy acquire AIP subs from China

Both Fincantieri and Rubin gave a joint presentation to the Indian Navy offering to build 6 S1000 boats for $3.5 billion. The other contenders for the project include the Scorpene class submarine of France, the Type 214 submarine of Germany and the Amur class submarine itself from Russia.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

I believe it is already in the process of being inducted into the French Scorpene submarines being built at Mazgaon docks.

it means that Scorpene class made by india is not equip with french memsa system

but we already getting scorpene submarines albeit delayed but still are getting them

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

what really confuses is me that we can build nuclear submarines but cannot even build a conventional diesel electric submarine yet....

250px-S1000sub.jpg

this is the s1000 class submarine which is a joint development between Italy and Russia it is said to be more capable than the Amur class submarine itself which is a less capable version of the Lada class submarine

why is Russia offering IN a less capable Amur class? why not offer Lada subs???? S1000 or Lada class subs should be the IN choice

what is role L&T in this project?

but we already getting scorpene submarines albeit delayed but still are getting them

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

what really confuses is me that we can build nuclear submarines but cannot even build a conventional diesel electric submarine yet....

Well the western Versions of the Diesel submarine are quite advanced and have even moved on to 5th generation tech. If we start from scratch it will take decades to master it. Building Scorpenes in Mazgaon is supposed to allow us to develop inhouse capabilities.
Nuclear sub is a whole different animal. Building a reactor isn't childs play and it took us decades to actually do it. I'm not entirely sure where Arihant stands against other nuclear subs in capabilities.

@Vibs
Sorry to say this buddy but there is nothing new about this. Russia fielded Amur way back when navy officially decided to go for 6 next gen sub project called Project 75I (Although it was planned way back) more than a couple years back. Just search on PDF and you will find threads dating back to 2009.

@Vibs
Sorry to say this buddy but there is nothing new about this. Russia fielded Amur way back when navy officially decided to go for 6 next gen sub project called Project 75I (Although it was planned way back) more than a couple years back. Just search on PDF and you will find threads dating back to 2009.

??? The article I posted is dated a week back.
Posted On: Jul 05, 2011

According to wikipedia last two Scorpene built by india equip with fresh AIP system

Back
Top Bottom