What's new

Russia to bid for Indian Navy submarine tender

No offnce to Russia, but they are actually delaying everything offlate. So I am not very comfortable this time with Amur, when we need subs ASAP...any slight delay is costing a lotttttt...

all said and done, the way our deals with Russia have been going wrong with delays everywhere, we need to think twice before getting into any further deals with Russia... things have come to such state that the Defence Secretary went to Russia last month.. and the Naval chief is presently visiting there, just to ensure that we get the Carrier, the Teg-class and the remaining Mig29's in time....

No offnce to Russia, but they are actually delaying everything offlate. So I am not very comfortable this time with Amur, when we need subs ASAP...any slight delay is costing a lotttttt...

As if we are very punctual with scorpene..

??? The article I posted is dated a week back.
Posted On: Jul 05, 2011
Yeah and people have already posted thread on this before you. Also try searching back to 2009 you will find reports. Project 75I is not new ask any old member of PDF and Russia offered this sub way back, they even showed in defexpo 2010.

US pays $6.1 mil for 25 trainers.
India pays $1billion for 75 swiss trainers.
Something is wrong here.

Its 6.1 million for each trainer. Even China can't produce planes that cheaply.

The deal for 25 cost around 150 million dollars. Still a hell of a deal.

US pays $6.1 mil for 25 trainers.
India pays $1billion for 75 swiss trainers.
Something is wrong here.

yeah but see IAF can actually buy good QUALITATIVE trainers 75 trainers for 1 billion may seem like a lot but that includes the 106+ to be produced at HAL through TOT..

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Its 6.1 million for each trainer. Even China can't produce planes that cheaply.

The deal for 25 cost around 150 million dollars. Still a hell of a deal.

what trainer was exported to USA?

yeah but see IAF can actually buy good QUALITATIVE trainers 75 trainers for 1 billion may seem like a lot but that includes the 106+ to be produced at HAL through TOT..

what trainer was exported to USA?

they are primary trainers just like india is buying. Its the SR 20.

SR20crs.PNG

300px-Cirrus.sr20.g-cdly.arp.jpg

Why buy Swiss ones then?

because IAF procurement brass won't get kickbacks from indigenous vendors however foreign vendors would just bribe them this is a serious issue in our armed forces we have indigenous equipment to meet the needs of the armed forces but corrupt officers refuse to buy them unless of course you show them a bribe or promise them other kickbacks

this has been an issue of controversy for some time the Bofors Scandal is a very good example which even involved the PM and the entire defense ministry

Now that I checked 181 trainers at 1 billion is only 5.5 million dollars each. If that has kickbacks I wonder what us Americans are kicking back.

As if we are very punctual with scorpene..

Thats the point. All the delay happened to Scorpene is because of us and all teh delay happening to INS Vikramaditya is because fo Russia.

what is the difference between project 75i and current RFP for new submarines ?
on technical grounds....

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom