What's new

Russia to bid for Indian Navy submarine tender

Why dont China bid for Indian Navy Sub tender?

Hope you were joking!!!

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Why not?

Maybe China subs are not good enough to win the tender?

Anyway IN will go for the best, hence we started buying USA and Europeans defence equipments.

Thats like India selling Su30mki to China. We are building capabilities as a deterrent to each other.

Hope you were joking!!!

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Thats like India selling Su30mki to China. We are building capabilities as a deterrent to each other.

True, but Russia still buys from Europe and maybe USA soon.

India has a non-alligned policy and wants the best deal, anyway but I doubt it will happen though, but like to see.

Anyway better end this topic, as I see Russian and European subs being better and hope we chose Russian subs.

True, but Russia still buys from Europe and maybe USA soon.

India has a non-alligned policy and wants the best deal, anyway but I doubt it will happen though, but like to see.

Russia does not buy from the US!! It does have agreements with some European countries like Italy. But India-China is a whole different ball game. China and Pakistan have simmering border issues with India.Till they are solved we won't be buying weapons from each other. In fact India is even vary of Chinese telecom equipment manufacturers in India!

I can understand things like trainers but Subs are out of the question.

We sold some to US recently.

wo.static.php

Why not?

Maybe China subs are not good enough to win the tender?

Anyway IN will go for the best, hence we started buying USA and Europeans defence equipments.

Its not what is best in class, that you buy like a car, its about servicability or the older platform and our tailered needs that makes us go with the Russians

US pays $6.1 mil for 25 trainers.
India pays $1billion for 75 swiss trainers.
Something is wrong here.

Welcome back!

But you know India "invented" zero? So there are lots of them...:rofl:

Something is wrong here.

Of course it'll be cheaper!! Thats the same reason why all laptop companies as well as automotive parts come from China. Even major Indian power plant parts come from China (Harbin and Schenzen). But I doubt either military is going to buy from each other.

Something is wrong here.

When a country signs a defence contract,it has some underlying TOT or licence for indigenous production which the govt doesn't disclose.Thats exactly whats happened here.Other wise the price is highly outrageous and there would have been severe critism

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom