What's new

Russia pushes for Su-35 in a bid to lure Bangladesh Air Force

China values MM over BD because of its access to sea routes and Chinas economic plans.
Not neccesary, Myanmar is a country very hard to alliance. Look they recently go buy India kilo sub and even ask for assistance in training of their submariners. Myanmar until now still refuse to restart the hydropower project which Chinese side already pump Billion dollar into it. They are a lot of economic opportunity for China working with BD. BD is now an economic near USD300 billion.

Not neccesary, Myanmar is a country very hard to alliance. Look they recently go buy India kilo and even ask for assistance in training of their submariners. Myanmar until now still refuse to restart the hydropower project which Chinese side already pump Billion dollar into it. They are a lot of economic opportunity for China working with BD. BD is now an economic near USD300 billion.
We all think that way, but China's recent policies of selling military hardware including JF-17 to Myanmar has upset the disparity between Myanmar and Bangladesh greatly. I, and many other Bengali members would love for Bangladesh to purchase the J-10, and other Chinese weapons to enhance the role of Bangladesh as a deterrent against whoever may harm it. We will have to see what happens in the future, but I hope for Bangladesh to enhance ties with China and Pakistan.

It is a very complicated situation... China will sanction BD in a conflict with MM, America will sanction BD in a conflict with India. Who will BD turn to for neutrality? BD needs something it can use against both nations without getting sanctions, but I'm afraid that is impossible today with the limited number of aircraft manufacturers dominated by few nations.

Best option currently is to go British....the eurofighter....BD needs deterence and 3 sqds of eurofighter provides credible defense again both of BDs potential adversaries.

Best option currently is to go British....the eurofighter....BD needs deterence and 3 sqds of eurofighter provides credible defense again both of BDs potential adversaries.

Too expensive man.

Way too expensive.

At most 8 to 12 and used at that.

Not neccesary, Myanmar is a country very hard to alliance. Look they recently go buy India kilo sub and even ask for assistance in training of their submariners. Myanmar until now still refuse to restart the hydropower project which Chinese side already pump Billion dollar into it. They are a lot of economic opportunity for China working with BD. BD is now an economic near USD300 billion.

It is a massive shame but chinas unequivocal support for Burma has completely changed BDs position.

BD understands chinas position with all its investment in burma. China also has a lot of economic interest with india.

When push comes to shove will China assist BD against either india or Burma. In my mind no.

BD needs to go western to develop credible defensive capacity. A rude awakening for BD who seems to lack any clear plans. Hopefully the rohingya debacle will wake BD up to the need to have a clear military posture backed by assets and an iron will.

It is a massive shame but chinas unequivocal support for Burma has completely changed BDs position.

BD understands chinas position with all its investment in burma. China also has a lot of economic interest with india.

When push comes to shove will China assist BD against either india or Burma. In my mind no.

BD needs to go western to develop credible defensive capacity. A rude awakening for BD who seems to lack any clear plans. Hopefully the rohingya debacle will wake BD up to the need to have a clear military posture backed by assets and an iron will.

Yes I agree if Bangladeshi leadership has any shame, hopefully they have learned a lesson about how practical friendship to all and malice to none is in the real world.

Too expensive man.

Way too expensive.

Lets start with those....

Its expensive but worth it.... we either spend or accept that we can not exercise our sovereignty. The latter is the status quo since independence. can we live with it. .....sure we can...

Lets start with those....

Its expensive but worth it.... we either spend or accept that we can not exercise our sovereignty. The latter is the status quo.... can we live with...sure we are doing so now....

My question to you though is why not F-16 or F-18.

Your gonna need the good favor of the US regardless to get access to any active radar BVR missile like AMRAAM anyways.

Honestly between Typhoon F-16 or F-18 I don’t care which one is chosen as long as it’s in appreciable numbers.

My question to you though is why not F-16 or F-18.

Your gonna need the good favor of the US regardless to get access to any active radar BVR missile like AMRAAM anyways.

Honestly between Typhoon F-16 or F-18 I don’t care which one is chosen as long as it’s in appreciable numbers.

My reasoning is two fold.

The EF will come with lessor strings than US jets....for this we have to bear a higher cost.

Second neither of our potential adversaries has it and it is better than anything in their inventory.

My reasoning is two fold.

The EF will come with lessor strings than US jets....for this we have to bear a higher cost.

Second neither of our potential adversaries has it and it is better than anything in their inventory.
What is to say that UK wouldn't sanction Bangladesh? Bangladesh needs to find someone neutral which is near impossible in the modern world.

What is to say that UK wouldn't sanction Bangladesh? Bangladesh needs to find someone neutral which is near impossible in the modern world.

No such option currently exists.

UK is very unlikely to sanction BD due to historical reasons. Our countries have very close links as a result of colonial past and the large BD diaspora in UK that is politically active.

I think you are mistaken. China do not side anybody in rohingya case. Even India is against naming Rohingya issue as genocide. So what makes the problem lies with China only? If Rohingya case is approved as genocide. There will be zero chances of Rohingya repatriate back to Myanmar. You think there will be a coalition of military forces to attack Myanmar?

I think you are mistaken. China do not side anybody in rohingya case. Even India is against naming Rohingya issue as genocide. So what makes the problem lies with China only? If Rohingya case is approved as genocide. There will be zero chances of Rohingya repatriate back to Myanmar. You think there will be a coalition of military forces to attack Myanmar?

India is an enemy and their reaction was entirely predictable.

China claimed to be a friend but have vetoed in favor of burma in the security council.

So you think by preventing the rohingya genocide being condemned as genocide you are helping them?

From my perspective China has taken and directly supported burma against BD. You have not done anything constructive what so ever.

Will there be a coalition of military forces to attack burma is an question to which you know the answer. Lets say there is no chance of that. Under those circumstances why is China abusing its veto in favor of burma?

Too expensive man.

Way too expensive.

@Avicenna, isn't F -16 block 70 more expensive than Eurofighter? I read it in a page named defense technology Bangladesh ( DBT). They provide many authentic news related to armed forces. Probably US can help us by selling army equipment. But for airforce perhaps typhoon will be cheaper ( over all) than f 16.

Both you and @mb444 please take a look.

It says that f - 16 cost 250 million cost total with all equipment, while Eurofighter cost 160- 180 million.

Last edited:
@Avicenna, isn't F -16 block 70 more expensive than Eurofighter? I read it in a page named defense technology Bangladesh ( DBT). They provide many authentic news related to armed forces. Probably US can help us by selling army equipment. But for airforce perhaps typhoon will be cheaper ( over all) than f 16. Both you and @mb444 please take a look.

No, a upgraded aircraft is unlikely to cost more than a new built aircraft. If BD could acquire Block 50/52 and upgrade them to Block 70/72 it would be much cheaper than new build Eurofighters.

Back
Top Bottom