What's new

Russia lifts embargo on weapons supplies to Pakistan

Well IAF has 45 Mi-25/35 in Service.
32 acquired from Russia/USA & 15 from Kazakhstan.

The pilots of the 104 fire birds 125 gladiators operate them.

They will be replaced by Apache-E & LCH in some years.

As for those who are saying why Mi 28 was not chosen IAF tested mi 28 and found that AH 64E guardian is superior.

it will lead to Indian reaction and complaints of tilting the natrual balance in the subcontinent.

what else.

everything goes. the maker gets some publicity and we get some chuckles on the forum. I can already see the panic and aggressive postings on this thread.

lets enjoy while it lasts. when its over some Indian can open a thread celebrating the cancellation of the "deal" after Indian opposition to Putin ;)

:lol:

This little drama reminds me of the SU 35 saga.

I think there was an armed version of mi8/17 not the heavily armoured 25/35
we raised 2 Artillery Battalions from captured Indian guns when they ran away abandoning their brand new guns. we could have done the same with the captured Afghan Hinds.. but they were left to rust in the open and (I think ) one was handed over to Americans which they are still using in their large scale military exercises.

Read more: Russia lifts embargo on weapons supplies to Pakistan - News - World - The Voice of Russia: News, Breaking news, Politics, Economics, Business, Russia, International current events, Expert opinion, podcasts, Video
9Russian_Air_Force_Mil_Mi-24P_Dvurekov-4_3578.jpg

Photo: ru.wikipedia.org/cc-by-sa 3.0

Russia has lifted an embargo from supplies of weapons and military hardware to Pakistan and is negotiating the delivery of several helicopter gunships Mil Mi-25 to the country, head of Russian state-run technologies corporation Rostec Sergey Chemezov said on Monday.

"The decision was taken and we are negotiating the delivery of helicopters," he said.

The Rostec head noted that choppers Mi-35 were on agenda of talks.

we raised 2 Artillery Battalions from captured Indian guns when they ran away abandoning their brand new guns. we could have done the same with the captured Afghan Hinds.. but they were left to rust in the open and (I think ) one was handed over to Americans which they are still using in their large scale military exercises.
Mi-17-1V
Military transport, helicopter gunship version, powered by two Klimov TV3-117VM turboshaft engines. Export version of the Mi-8MTV-1.
zsKUgxo.jpg

Then where is the question of lifting a non existent ban in the first place?? it was more of a virtual decision to not supply any weapons to Pakistan. The India factor is still existing as of now.

Looks like a fake news spread by an arms maker for marketing. Lets see where it leads to - though Pakistan is sending delegation after delegation to Moscow to get some thaw in the supply decision.
Wonder why we are seeing some Indian set ups going into a melt down, none the less news seems legit.

Russia lifts embargo on weapons supplies to Pakistan - News - World - The Voice of Russia: News, Breaking news, Politics, Economics, Business, Russia, International current events, Expert opinion, podcasts, Video

Beautiful helicopters and one of my favourites ^_^

can anyone tell me why was there a ban ? :o

Back
Top Bottom