What's new

Russia lifts ban, Iran to get S 300

who is talking about EMP "bombs" o_O??

Me. Why else would you have EMP Technology? So you can detonate it right in the front yard and in the proces face the knock-back yourself, or launch it on your enemy with a bomb.

Which variant? if it was an new one then the Russians need to worry

S-300PMU-1 of the Greek Army.

This recent development of Lousan deal between Iran and 5+1 has made many policies to be changed:

- Turkey decided to stick to the long term benefits it can get by economic cooperation with Iran than getting a Sunni Nato gesture to prove his importance... Turkey is smart with economic agenda... they realized soon that Iran with no sanctions is a huge economical opportunity you can not deprive yourself of..

2- Puttin of Russia played on its interests when he finally agreed to impose weapon trade sanctions on Iran in Un security council... now, they are saying UN council SHOULD lift Iranian weapon sanctions first and before everything... There are probably two reasons behind this new turn in actions by Russia;

1- They realized Iran will get back to them when freed of sanction limitation by not letting them participate in Iranian economy that has huuuuuuuge opportunities if free to be done...

2- Russians are monitoring Iranian technological advancements. They realized Iran already surpassed the level of tech necessary to build air-defense systems like S-300.. Iran is now nearly in the level of S-400 as you will soon hear its related news about Iranian Ultra Long Range and Space Defense systems.. and in couple of days from now, Iran will put its new Talash-2 , Talash -3 Long Range Air defense systems into service officially along side its new AESA radar dubbed NAJM-802 radar and new radars for ultra long range interception.. They realized Iran is not in a state of urgent with air defense anymore although there is an important BUT here... Iran can use new operational S-300 systems as extra batteries and save time to produce more... If we were in September 2014.. we could have said that Iran can use the tech used in S-300 cold launch or AESA radars...but now, Iran is a producer of same capable systems...

There is also another issue... Iran due to its technologically advanced adversaries, need to change all possible new S-300 units with local electronics and algorithms so it can resist EW Technics... As one US general said, an enemy with latest American or known weapons is not as scary and dangerous as an enemy with less sophisticated but locally made weapons....

France, Russia have fragile economic reputation in Iran... As French and Russian back-stabbed Iran when they had agreements to follow but preferred to be seen as unreliable economic partners...

Russia realized that after many disasters in keeping your words with Iran (S-300, Busher Nuclear plant, etc) it has little chance to be invited to benefit from an Iranian new economic era... This is why they moved faster this time... trying to convince Iran that they learned from their previous mistakes...

Brief:
Russia did so for five targets:
1- correcting its previous mistakes with Iran, saying "I am Reliable"
2- Make a few dollars by exporting S-300 to Iran to help its economy under fallen oil prices...
3- Showing an act of Good-will so Iran invite Russia to participate in new Iranian economic era with lifted sanctions..
4- To pay back West for their sanctions on Russia...
5- Avoid Iranian law suit for 4 Billion Dollars of fine

Russia with looming future economy under the shadow of sanctions and low oil prices, will have to seek new econmic relationships... Iran is always a good option as Iran does not receive orders from West or East and will be reliable when whole world sanction Russia...

My expectation is that Iran asks for a better version of S-300, perhaps S-400 or Improved (anti-cruise and ballistic version)... As any new system will not be imported to Iran any sooner than 2 to 3 years if Russia has good will and process it fast as they claim, then Iran can use those systems to increase its long range batteries...

Despite all advancements in new Long Range Batteries Iran being developed or put in service, It always can use couple of extra batteries..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding Turkish friends claiming S-300 can be easily surpassed by their and Israeli EW suits then would you tell me three things:

1- Why in first place Israel and USA, fought that hard pushing Russia not to deliver the systems to Iran? Why Israel tried many times to bomb alleged Syrian S-300 batteries under transport to syria??

2- Why now in 2015 that both USA and ISrael are more advanced in EW Technics, they still call it a very dangerous and unacceptable act to let Iran acquire S-300s??

3- Why when there is a talk about ISrael acquiring new 5th gen F-35 fighters they say, they need these fighters to surpass the threat of S-300 maybe in Iranian hands??

It is very effective... otherwise, they could let it just be acquired by Syria and Iran...

PS: US and Israel will have bad dreams when it comes to Iranians developed systems as they have no information about the specifications of Iranian local systems... This is dangerous..believe me... I know...

How stuupid and bully and non sense is current western logic... listen to this:

USA and Israel object Russia for delivering Defensive Air-Defense systems/??? But is n,t these systems only for defense against foreign invasion? How come this systems are dangerous to world if it is only defensive? or how stupid it is to ask Iran to open its military weapon industry sites to US and ISrael!!! Do they accept Iran to ask to inspect their military facilities?? look how stupid current world standards are!!

Last edited:
@scythian500 Actually Turkey would be the only one that is immume to this. Turkey already cracked the S-300 ages ago, and even received the source codes. Aside from this we have our own S-300PMU-1 used for agression training.

They realized Iran already surpassed the level of tech necessary to build air-defense systems like S-300..
No.
There is also another issue... Iran due to its technologically advanced adversaries, need to change all possible new S-300 units with local electronics and algorithms so it can resist EW Technics
Come on.
As one US general said, an enemy with latest American or known weapons is not as scary and dangerous as an enemy with less sophisticated but locally made weapons....
Which general?
Brief:
Russia did so for five targets:
1- correcting its previous mistakes with Iran, saying "I am Reliable"
2- Make a few dollars by exporting S-300 to Iran to help its economy under fallen oil prices...
3- Showing an act of Good-will so Iran invite Russia to participate in new Iranian economic era with lifted sanctions..
4- To pay back West for their sanctions on Russia...
5- Avoid Iranian law suit for 4 Billion Dollars of fine
You are correct in no.1, no.2, no.4.
5. Is totally wrong. There isn't much Iran can do.
3. There is not much Iran can offer to Russia economy wise, you have to remember that Russia itself is a Fuel Giant. And Iran's 90% exports are fuel based products.

The MAJOR reason for the S-300 sale is to open a doorway to Iran for further sales. You have to remember Iran has been in sanctions for 30 years. Most of their equipment is very outdated. Iran will soon be buying Fighters, Frigates, Tanks and what not. And the competition will be between Russia and China only, since I don't think any European power will sell anything useful to Iran.
2- Why now in 2015 that both USA and ISrael are more advanced in EW Technics, they still call it a very dangerous and unacceptable act to let Iran acquire S-300s??
S-300 is a very dangerous and advanced system. They haven't gotten access to an S-300 so far so I doubt they have capable EW suite against S-300. They are right to be worried, but I don't think they can prevent Iran from acquiring S-300.
S-300 is just the beginning, once the sanctions are lifted, i see Iran acquiring a lot of Russian or maybe Chinese systems.

@scythian500 Actually Turkey would be the only one that is immume to this. Turkey already cracked the S-300 ages ago, and even received the source codes. Aside from this we have our own S-300PMU-1 used for agression training.
From where?

Last edited:
True... but you,re saying that Turkey has the codes and can defeat S-300s and don;t share them with US when they are after it? can you defeat an S-300 system that is modified by local sensitive codes and algorithms? What about other Iranian long range air fdefense systems? Can you defeat Bavar-373 when operation, or Talash-3 system already in service? I mean scientifically... Is it easy?

True... but you,re saying that Turkey has the codes and can defeat S-300s and don;t share them with US when they are after it? can you defeat an S-300 system that is modified by local sensitive codes and algorithms? What about other Iranian long range air fdefense systems? Can you defeat Bavar-373 when operation, or Talash-3 system already in service? I mean scientifically... Is it easy?

I wouldnt know mate, really. All i know is that Turkey received the source codes from Russia shortly after Greece stationed S-300s om Crete. Although i would dare to say Turkey could Jam the Iranian air-defence systems with its current capability. We did it before with the Greeks aswell. And to top all of this off, Turkey already got their hands on several Russian AA systems which they use for Aggresion training (S-300PMU-1, OSA, Tor-m1 and etc)

Impressive system, but hard to say how effectively it emulates an actual S-300.

Not really (on the bolded part). The US has access to the S-300 system, and more advanced one via its allies such as Slovakia and Greece - both of whom possess the S-300 system.

The US may or may not have received the S-300 from Ukraine:p: too. It's not like Ukraine sells the US Russian equipment, right?

SU27-hangar-11oclock-01.jpg

Su27-side1-decaled-550.jpg

Su27-Night-Ramp-800.jpg

Nope, Ukraine would never do something like that:whistle:. The JTE works just fine, if it couldn't the US military would have never bothered with it.

Not really (on the bolded part). The US has access to the S-300 system, and more advanced one via its allies such as Slovakia and Greece - both of whom possess the S-300 system.

The US may or may not have received the S-300 from Ukraine:p: too. It's not like Ukraine sells the US Russian equipment, right?

View attachment 214807

View attachment 214809

View attachment 214808

Nope, Ukraine would never do something like that:whistle:. The JTE works just fine, if it couldn't the US military would have never bothered with it.

Thats cheating ! :o:

Yeah, Caliph erDOGan can ask Harun Yahya to read a voodoo and not only S-300 and Talash, but even S-3000000000000 would be immediately out of service. They have special knowledge about "Oloum-AlGharibah", bro. ;)

Thats cheating ! :o:

Maybe, despite the phrase "all is fair in love and war," I've found several things to be off limits:angry:. But when someone is willing to part with their gear, and we are willing to pay for it, and no international arms treaties or conventions have been broken, there is no problem.

S-300 is a concern for the US, we did what needed to be done to mitigate its threat profile.

:chilli:

Maybe, despite the phrase "all is fair in love and war," I've found several things to be off limits:angry:. But when someone is willing to part with their gear, and we are willing to pay for it, and no international arms treaties or conventions have been broken, there is no problem.

S-300 is a concern for the US, we did what needed to be done to mitigate its threat profile.

:chilli:

But what about fighting fairly ? :pissed:

Oh well the whole world knows that Americans can't fight fairly ! :whistle:

Especially chubby Russian Americans; who even try to cheat the weighing scale ! :tongue:

@Víðarr - No reply ? :(

Back
Top Bottom