What's new

Russia Hikes SU 30MKI Prices Twice For India Might Be The revange That MI 35 got Elim

its not, and the smart people in the country should realize that. there are people here who think risking 4B on a project or spending 5B on transport aircraft isn't a big deal. it is.

I guess the bolded part is for me. For your information I'm totally against the purchase of C-17s cause it's a total waste of money.

And about the 4B on PAK-FA.. You are yet to explain how joining F-35 would serve us better than PAK-FA. Now if we were forming a JV with Russia for producing a 5th gen MRCA and spending billions on that, then your argument might have been a valid one. Even though US weapons comes with strings attacked you could at least say that what you are saying is logically correct.
PAK-FA and F-35 belong to different class.
F-35 can carry like 2 bvraams compared to PAK-FA's 6. There is really no competition in the A to A department.

by being hawkish and critical when tax money is wasted. india is too poor for small government ideas and we are growing fast, which gives the impression that spending like a drunk sailor is ok.
If we don't spend now on improvements on the Su-30 MKI it will soon end up like the Mig-21
its not, and the smart people in the country should realize that. there are people here who think risking 4B on a project or spending 5B on transport aircraft isn't a big deal. it is.
For a country which has A nominal GDP of 1,235,975B, 4B is not a bid deal as it will give you a major advantage over your opponents with Pakistan and China as our neighbors we need to spend a lot more on defense.

On spending 5B on the transport aircraft development project is is totally wrong we should we spending 10B.

i don't expect to see small government and tax hawkishness in the next 50 years i hate to say.
Not at the cost of National defense
anyway, the point is that the russian government is much more corrupt than the US one and indian taxpayers have a higher chance of getting fleeced by overpriced deals with kickbacks.

conspiracy theories more conspiracy theories. Russia is our Most trusted and trust able all for a long time to come.

We(Indians)have no right to comment on the corruption in Russian govt. its Russia's problem not ours.

Talking about the USofA ,you do know about what happened to U.K when they asked the Americans why they were not being given access to radar tech they funded??

I guess the bolded part is for me. For your information I'm totally against the purchase of C-17s cause it's a total waste of money.

And about the 4B on PAK-FA.. You are yet to explain how joining F-35 would serve us better than PAK-FA. Now if we were forming a JV with Russia for producing a 5th gen MRCA and spending billions on that, then your argument might have been a valid one. Even though US weapons comes with strings attacked you could at least say that what you are saying is logically correct.
PAK-FA and F-35 belong to different class.
F-35 can carry like 2 bvraams compared to PAK-FA's 6. There is really no competition in the A to A department.

I am seriously getting sick of people bad mouthing Russian tech without proving how they are inferior to American stuff :frown:

I am seriously getting sick of people bad mouthing Russian tech without proving how they are inferior to American stuff :frown:

Buddy its just "cool" to criticise Russian equipments even though they come at a fraction of a price of their American counterparts and not so much behind in technology and even better than American in certain aspects.Not to mention the sanction-free nature of those weapons.

Thinking of putitng in an RTI application seeking breakup of $ 102 million a pop for the new order. :rofl:

c'mon folks, we are not on a garage sale spree.

Buddy its just "cool" to criticise Russian equipments even though they come at a fraction of a price of their American counterparts and not so much behind in technology and even better than American in certain aspects.Not to mention the sanction-free nature of those weapons.

its not about 'cool'. russians no longer sell anything at a fraction of the american price. their products are competing with the US head on pretty much.

@inddef
And why should they sell it to us at a fraction of the American price is the product is as good ? They're not running a charity ! They don't flinch on tot and are always sincere.

But $100 million per plane sounds insane !!! Somebody is getting serious kickbacks, or is there more to it ??

@inddef
And why should they sell it to us at a fraction of the American price is the product is as good ? They're not running a charity ! They don't flinch on tot and are always sincere.

But $100 million per plane sounds insane !!! Somebody is getting serious kickbacks, or is there more to it ??

NO damn kick backs just costly new tech the 100 mill is a bit over stated

Highly unlikely atleast at the political level. Antony is not the kind of person you should speak loosely of (I'm not saying you are doing it;just a general comment) in relation to corruption. A cleaner guy, we would probably never get. The forces were very worried when Antony was made Defence Minister because of his reputation of being so concerned about corruption, that he would not clear any file. This is what happened when the guy was CM of Kerala. He would look at every file suspiciously wondering whether there was any corruption involved & therefore keep them all pending. It is precisely for having the reputation of being extremely honest that he was made Defence Minister

no its is not because u dont know that the new ones are a class above the existing one infact irkust corp has been trying out many new concepts and tests flights with many new ideas and this new planes includes major features advanced from the current ones.

A class above????? It may be class above than previous indian MKIs but
It is surly way below than F35 which is available at 92-96 mn USD..!

Do prove how it is lower than the F-35:cheers:

Ah! If these MKIs are class above or equal to F35 than why not India buy MKIs instead of 4.5 generation MRCA... Strange

BTW by your logic new MKIs must be 5th generation or 6th generation planes..

Ah! If these MKIs are class above or equal to F35 than why not India buy MKIs instead of 4.5 generation MRCA... Strange

The MKI is used as an Air superiority/Air dominance fighter so its up grades are totally independent of MMRCA.

MMRCA is to relapse our MIG23/27 fleet so so they perform different roles and hence need for different aircraft.

A lot of the developments from the T-50 program would rub on to the MKI as it is India's idea to make the MKI a Quasi 5th gen fighter aircraft.

I dnt know its generation but still Mki is best in whole Asia :cheers:

I dnt know its generation but still Mki is best in whole Asia.

As of March 2010, sources in the Indian Defense Ministry announced that a contract for 42 more Su-30MKI was in the final phases.[29][31] In June 2010, it was reported that the Cabinet Committee on Security had cleared the 15,000 crore (US$ 3.41 billion) deal and that the 42 aircraft would be in service by 2018.[32] By August 2010 the number of aircraft had shrunk to 40 and the cost increased to $4.3 billion or $102 million each, comparable in cost to the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II, but lacking in features such as AESA radar or stealth.

I think India should have saved this 4.3 billion $ but thats the problem with India (or may be IAF). If france didn't stop the production of mirage, India would not have seen the competition like MMRCA. Actually there won't be any competition, mirage would have been our choice just because IAF like them, who cares about technology...right, who cares about our money ....I can't understand why India is so eager to purchase these 40 aircrafts, this is the reason why everybody laughs at us, atleast get an aesa with these.
In my opinion Putin is coming and we will be signing the biggest ever deal with them for 5th gen fighter, russians will be happy, then we can scrap this deal. With this money we should buy new rafale.....france is ready to give us 40 rafale at a very fast speed, this would even help us maintain our fleet of fighter aircrafts. I think somebody is getting this money. Its a corruption....

Back
Top Bottom