What's new

Russia experts suggest to sell MiG-35 to Pakistan

this will not happen. Russia will not do something that will make angry its biggest military hardware buyer .

this will not happen. Russia will not do something that will make angry its biggest military hardware buyer .

why not ..
france sell to both pakistan and india..
india buying from US dispite it sell to pakistan..

why to put russia in a exception list !1

sorry to say but everyone is jumping into an argument based upon a silly article which has no authenticity.

It sounds very silly when Indian members come up with comments like above by Peshwa. It is all about business in modern world and Russia, like US, China, France etc, has the right to sell to whom they may like. India is still in no position to command them to do this or that.

I totally agree with you that India is not into commanding position....But Only thing I can tell you that India is always into far more better position compare with Pakistan...Stop comparing Pakistan with India...This is ridiculous...Pakistan is into big embarrassment today.

we can replace mig-29 with 35 in future...so keep building this mig 35

there is absolutely no need for the mig-35.we are already upgrading our migs to the SMT Standard,the navy operates Mig-29K a close cousin of both the mig-35 and the mig-29SMT.WE WILL GET A NEW MMRCA very soon,we have mirages and upgraded migs.

as far the possibility of the russians of selling the mig-35 to pakistan is concerned,the possibility is very slim.The mig-35 is armed with the Zhuk-AE AESA Radar and india wants to upgrade the Su-30mki with the Zhuk-AE AESA Radar and so this will never.

Secondly it would be embarrasing for pakistan to buy SOMETHNG WHICH HAS BEEN REJECTED BY INDIA

Politically...it would make sense for Russia to sell MiG-35 (and other things) to Pakistan. Granted that Pakistan is in the crapper right now, and there is a lot of risk involved when doing with business with this state. However, the higher the risks, the higher the rewards. Pakistan is geo-politically positioned on three key regions (South Asia, Middle East and Central Asia); it has a huge population & potential market; fairly developed education, industrial & research sectors (in specific areas), with enormous potential in others. All it needs is a substantive shift within the establishment, and given the era we presently live in (Arab Spring, the huge distrust towards government/state in Pakistan, etc), it is certainly possible. If Pakistan picks itself up and assets itself as an independent and proactive political, economic and military power, then who wouldn't want to do business?

As for Russia's risk of losing India...where will India go? Lets say India withdraws from PAK-FA/XYZ 5th generation fighter, what will it do? Spend two-decades developing its own, or restraining itself with the U.S F-35 - and in the process deal with lengthly negotiations, additional expenses and attempts to reclaim some cash from the Russians? Get serious, India is not the biggest game changer for Russian policy-makers: Look at the transfer/sale of RD-93s and even IL-78 (albeit via Ukraine) to PAF, these assets *could* too have been stopped, but went ahead anyways.

Technically speaking...there is reason to suggest PAF interest in MiG-35. For example, the MiG-35 and JF-17 could potentially share the same powerplant/engine, hence offering some substantial commonality between the two fighters (easing logistical & maintenance issues). Such a deal would also throw the doors open for Russia-Pakistan cooperation in AESA radar and IRST technology, and further commonality between MiG-35 and JF-17 could be achieved through using the same set of weapon-systems, IRST & other subsystems.

So where/how could PAF use the MiG-35s? For starters, these fighters could serve as the Hi-end with JF-17 at the Lo. For example, the MiG-35 boasts longer range and higher-payload, and may be more ideal for longer-range missions (SEAD/DEAD, maritime, etc). The JF-17s would be ideal to defend Pakistani airspace from all threats, but the MiG-35s could offer a clearer offensive posture. In fact, they could be good replacements for the Mirage ROSE-series.

The main downside I see is that the Russians aren't the best trade partners in defence...before paying them for anything, Pakistan should test the waters of their seriousness by asking for advance-credit for 40 MiG-35s. If the Russians deliver the fighters with all conditions met, then PAF could order additional units with cold cash. Beyond that, we don't care if India bought or rejected MiG-35, if there were any defects, we would work to improve them and will turn the fighter into an even tougher competitor.

i think if russia offers pakistan mig-35s ,they should buy it. Atleast in a few numbers,say 20 or 25.
Because,
1. It will improve the relationship between the two nations.
2. It will bring in new tech home.
3. Pakistan can ask for ToT or/and local production.
4.it will be boost for paf

THE Mig-35 to pakistanis no no. it would mean that USA will get a chance to study the fulcrum which ruissia will never accept,

Politically...it would make sense for Russia to sell MiG-35 (and other things) to Pakistan. Granted that Pakistan is in the crapper right now, and there is a lot of risk involved when doing with business with this state. However, the higher the risks, the higher the rewards. Pakistan is geo-politically positioned on three key regions (South Asia, Middle East and Central Asia); it has a huge population & potential market; fairly developed education, industrial & research sectors (in specific areas), with enormous potential in others. All it needs is a substantive shift within the establishment, and given the era we presently live in (Arab Spring, the huge distrust towards government/state in Pakistan, etc), it is certainly possible. If Pakistan picks itself up and assets itself as an independent and proactive political, economic and military power, then who wouldn't want to do business?

As for Russia's risk of losing India...where will India go? Lets say India withdraws from PAK-FA/XYZ 5th generation fighter, what will it do? Spend two-decades developing its own, or restraining itself with the U.S F-35 - and in the process deal with lengthly negotiations, additional expenses and attempts to reclaim some cash from the Russians? Get serious, India is not the biggest game changer for Russian policy-makers: Look at the transfer/sale of RD-93s and even IL-78 (albeit via Ukraine) to PAF, these assets *could* too have been stopped, but went ahead anyways.

Technically speaking...there is reason to suggest PAF interest in MiG-35. For example, the MiG-35 and JF-17 could potentially share the same powerplant/engine, hence offering some substantial commonality between the two fighters (easing logistical & maintenance issues). Such a deal would also throw the doors open for Russia-Pakistan cooperation in AESA radar and IRST technology, and further commonality between MiG-35 and JF-17 could be achieved through using the same set of weapon-systems, IRST & other subsystems.

So where/how could PAF use the MiG-35s? For starters, these fighters could serve as the Hi-end with JF-17 at the Lo. For example, the MiG-35 boasts longer range and higher-payload, and may be more ideal for longer-range missions (SEAD/DEAD, maritime, etc). The JF-17s would be ideal to defend Pakistani airspace from all threats, but the MiG-35s could offer a clearer offensive posture. In fact, they could be good replacements for the Mirage ROSE-series.

The main downside I see is that the Russians aren't the best trade partners in defence...before paying them for anything, Pakistan should test the waters of their seriousness by asking for advance-credit for 40 MiG-35s. If the Russians deliver the fighters with all conditions met, then PAF could order additional units with cold cash. Beyond that, we don't care if India bought or rejected MiG-35, if there were any defects, we would work to improve them and will turn the fighter into an even tougher competitor.

I dont Think that it will be a good option for PAKISTAN.pak is pursuing to buy a handful of J-10s.It would be harsh on the pak economy to manage so many MRCAs of different types.

THE Mig-35 to pakistanis no no. it would mean that USA will get a chance to study the fulcrum which ruissia will never accept,

the russians has given jets to member nations of nato too!
i dont think the russians will turn down a way to get some bucks

I don't think Pakistan would let U.S study MiG-35...and by your logic, Russia should be upset about IAF showing off Su-30MKI at Red Flag & other exercises.
I dont Think that it will be a good option for PAKISTAN.pak is pursuing to buy a handful of J-10s.It would be harsh on the pak economy to manage so many MRCAs of different types.
True...but MiG-35 would likely compete with FC-20 for a PAF order. It might sound odd, but some people in PAF do not like putting their eggs in one basket.

Why would PAF buy a plane that is designed for and throughly tested by IAF? We might get parts (better engines/sensors) but surely not the plane.

Yet India continues to try to produce the LCA, a plane that costs around twice the price of a JF 17, yet has similar capabilities? As for trainers the L 15 is a advanced twin engined supersonic one, capable of carrying around the same amount of munitions as the JF 17. Its a trainer that has almost the same capabilities as a light fighter, and costs almost the same, which why it was beat by the cheaper JL 9.

I am sure you dnt want to compare specs of both the plane

With Israeli radar and Composite material i dnt think any thing else left for you

You have no idea what you are talking about. The Block 52 and MLUed F16 A/B are their main fighters. This will be in turn replaced by the J 10B and so on. The JF 17 is a lightweight multirole fighter.

American ground staff controlling their new F16s on Pakistani airbase I dnt think they can level them as their main fighter

The gun used on the type 99 is a 125mm/50 caliber gun. The basic type 99 also comes at 54 tons to around 60 tons. The gun used on the Al khalid is a 125mm/ 48 caliber gun and comes in at 48 tons. Different sized tanks need different sized guns. But perhaps that logic goes over your head. Also the Al Khalid is a JV.

They found that your engine quality is not good that why they dnt want to use your engine
What do others opinions have to do with me? Some Indians think that the LCA is a 5th generation fighter.....

LCA MK1 is not as per our requirement that why we dnt want to induct it in our Airforce

Same as you dnt want to induct JF17 :lol:

But they have capabilities that was they already proved earlier with their F16, F18, F15, B2 etc etc etc etc

On the other hand your last attempt was J10a we all know about that plane :agree:

In 2009 your AVIC chief admit that quality of your engines are still not good and now its 2011.

Some members comparing J10b with EF, rafale, F18, Su35BM (world best fighters) without knowing anything about your plane
Same case with your J20

you still dont get my point`` i was saying china is not interested in Mig-29s upgrades technology as we are already playing with same generation J-10a better than Mig-29 solid, and j-20 which is next generation fighter, so it would be dump to spend time and resource to exam 70s standard mig-29s``even mig-35 is the latest version yet, it doesnt apply any break through technologies on that``Mikoyan is seriously lack of brains and funds to deliever that after the collapse of the Soviet Union``

in terms of engine, since J-11b, FBC-1s are all using Chinese first generation turbofan engines, so it only takes few times to supass RUS and catch up with the amrica's``its easy to compare j-10B with rafale, EF-2000 as j-10a's most of the specifications are well known, and the B version is the major upgrade of A version with IDS, new coating and sensors, and AESA radars,

but it is true that its difficult to compare j-20 to f-22, as apart from the shape of j-20 there are no other parameters to be based for j-20's capability`

I am sure you dnt want to compare specs of both the plane

With Israeli radar and Composite material i dnt think any thing else left for you

American ground staff controlling their new F16s on Pakistani airbase I dnt think they can level them as their main fighter

They found that your engine quality is not good that why they dnt want to use your engine

LCA MK1 is not as per our requirement that why we dnt want to induct it in our Airforce

Same as you dnt want to induct JF17 :lol:

You are contradicting your own statement first you said LCA have Israeli radar and composites so its best and then you said LCA MK1 is not as per requirements. :sick:Whats the use of Israeli radar and composites when LCA MK1 is failed and not as per your requirement?

Back
Top Bottom