What's new

Featured Russia want to sell SU-35 to Pakistan: BBC Urdu

Previous governments were a diaster at it. Pakistan was at its worst when it came to PR. Both pmln and ppp were busy looting while every Tom Dick and Harry was allowed to take pot shots at our expense.
It is only in this government that we started active diplomacy which started to show some small signs towards betterment with the Trump administration. However with him gone, so are our chances with words. Biden administration seems to be in a different mood altogether much like Obama.

Hi,

Tragically our biggest enemy was Gen Kiyani and his cohort Gen Pasha---and never underestimate the deceit of the air force chief Qamar Suleiman---.

It is not with diplomacy that you can fight the US---you have to fight a war pf words---show the americans their own deceit---show the world the american deceit and the deceit of the nato alliance---.

You do this all in professional and calm manner ---.

Joe Biden is a monster that Trump warned the world about---. Biden is a war monster---sadly---Trump did not know how to deliver his message---.

Bad times are coming for pakistan---pakista has not much to bargain now---.

150 K troops sitting in the GCC---would have given Pakistan many bargaining chips---.

Now---the poor pakistani kids are desperately trying to show how string theyr---yes---as strong as a wet spaghetti noodle---.

To admit failures is to forgo $billions of military hardware sales and it's an inexcusable sin in the midst of this economic blight. It's a shame many 3rd-world countries (from whom Russia nets most of its sales) still believe Russian jets can engage 4+ jets. Reality is hard to change and when it does, it's sad. Just ask the Armenians. Their newly purchased Su30SM can't do shit protecting their armies and air space. In fact, they were afraid their precious Su30's would be shot down by Turkey's F16's. Yes, the regular F16's, not the F16Vs that are rated as 4+.

If I were a Russian, I would quickly set up a joint venture with China while I still have some technological advantages.Even if Russia loses all its technological advantages in the future, I can still benefit from China's rapid development as an original shareholder.In addition, I can acquire technology from this company and train my own technical personnel.

So it's hard for me to understand the pride.

I will laugh and make you a grilled lamb and beverage of your choice if and when the SU-35 meant for PAF actually touches the tarmac in one of the Pakistani airbases.
until then I will park this news together with Pakistani J-20, TXF, F-35 and KF-X "wish news".
I recall the claims few years back about multiple squadron of F-16 block 72 and J-10c actually inside Pakistani airbases and the claimants swore on the honour of their pure cotton capes and kufiya that it has happened and who ever doubts it is a is an agent of Taghoot.

no need to worry. no such good thing can happen to Pakistan. at best pray that JF-17 block 3 can manage to take off with all the wish loadout our PDF has demanded on it.

Spot on Irfan.

Too many threads of "Breaking" news that Pakistan has acquired this or that.
Photos presented as they are some breaking exclusive scoops.
I call it gimmicks to get some likes.

My bone of contention is on the priority of Pakistanis and members of this forum.

I know it is a defence forum, and it has to deal with the defence products/projects.
But believe you me, that's not where Pakistan as a state would be saved.

What every Pakistani needs to do is to concentrate how Pakistan is run as a state.

More so now than ever. Imran Khan has and is continue to expose the weaknesses in Pakistani state.
He may not be brilliant in running the country, for which I don't blame him too much. He has been given something which has too many fault lines and broken beyond repairs. They cannot be repaired overnight or in few years.

It needs change of direction from everyone, from top to bottom, from every department and ministry. Otherwise Pakistan is doomed.

It is a country , a state for heaven sake. Don't run it like Banana Republic, don't act like idiots. You have lost decades acting like idiots. Now is time to change, not just semantics but the the whole system and attitudes needs to change.

We all needs to acknowledge that Establishment and Judiciary is not helping the state at all. In reality they are the biggest hindrance. They have dragged Pakistan down. Too much interference and wrong and negative impact on Pakistan.

Bajwa was brought in by Corrupt thug Nawaz on the basis that he was the "least political" among other generals who were in line to be COAS. Now the same Nawaz accuses Bajwa for interference.

Even though I loathe Sharifs and Zardari ( not personal , but because of their loot and destruction of Pakistan), but in case of Bajwa, he has a point.

I got this feelings that Imran Khan until now is showing patience, but I am convinced that he is up to his eye balls with the shenanigans of Bajwa. He will erupt. When he does, we will watch how this establishment would demonise Imran Khan.

They have to realise Pakistani people are wiser than before. Enough of it, I say.

The latest fiasco of Shahbaz Sharif's bail has exposed another ugly side of Pakistan, i.e. its judiciary.
PMLN is now hell bound to prove that the second judge Asjad was pressurised to change his decision, days after he approved the bail for SS.

This a lie. simple reason , there must be proof of his original decision to grant the bail. Some written evidence, if he has passed that judgement. Why LHC and the other judge in the bench Js Dogar cannot provide proof that Js Asjad passed any such verdict!!!

Every Pakistani should read the judgement written by Js Dogar. How weirdly he has tried to justice the grounds of SS bail. And how he despite knowing that his co judge has not agreed to the bail, he through his Usher, or in Pakistan "Naib Qasid" has made it public that SS has been granted bail by LHC.

This could not have happened in any other country of the world but could happen only in Pakistan. If this judge Dogar is not punished for his acts and LHC as usual proven to be a court for the protection of thugs, especially PMLN thugs, more specifically "bitch for Sharifs", than Pakistanis could kiss their judicial system goodbye. No chance of a change or improvement.
Remember, in the case of Js Qayyum , the Sharifs walked away without any punishment whatsoever. How that allowed to happen!!

When you can get away such scandal without any consequence, you would do worse in the future.
Pakistan is done as a state where Law and Justice means anything.

Change of avionics, engine, radar on a fighter jet or acquisition of new jets, irrespective of its origins, not going to make any difference to Pakistan, when the state itself is rotten and not functioning.

Once it start to function, it would generate money/finances and Pakistan would be able to buy, manufacture jets, drones, other defence products etc.

Please focus on what is wrong with Pakistan, and why it is not functioning rather than producing some "exclusive Photographs" or completely false and fake "Insider information".
No friend, BBC does do very good reporting. They can make mistakes as well. If they do, i tend to write to them. Please do that, they do rectify.

Don't tell me you are kidding us!!

BBC will change their editorial policies because of your complaints!!

I am a British National, I know BBC is agenda driven and very bias. They might not show it overtly, but when you look under the surface, the signs are there, shining like a sun.

Just have a feeling we will see s400 and su35 in PAK.

EW?? Paf is using mere 3 1980s ew role... not that much of a advantage during a war.

All EW assets were upgraded and new acquired during mush time, only old stuff are MPDR like Giraffe radars which needs to be replaced.

Now, FYI: China conducted many war games using its J10C and J16 against SU-35's. Both J10C and J16 gave the SU-35 very humiliating beatings. Su-35's Snow Leopard could not detect the presence of either J10C or J16 until incoming missiles were fired at them. With today's missile tech's (China's PL-12 and PL-15), SU-35's had no way of espacing even with its powerful engines.

After Russia sold its first batch of 24 Su-35's to China, China no longer wants to purchase any more Su-35 and even the Su-57. In fighter jet technologies, Russia's fallen behind China in many critical areas, including radar, situation awareness, and stealth that are critical to today's warfare. The days of dog fights in every aerial encounter are over. It was reported (or rumored) a couple years ago China proposed to buy more Su-35 engines but Russia would only sell the engines with more Su-35 purchases. China refused because PLA concludes Su-35's have no place in its airforce fighting the Indian or the American airforces.

Dogfighters are still essential, especially in the age of EW (look at the gulf war air combat) and soon 6th gen fighters. However, it is better to have your standard jet fighters be ace dogfighters. Simply having dogfighters that are terrible at everything else is no good. That is the problem with SU-35 export, is too limited in abilities.

If in sims, SU-35s are getting shotdown in BVR combat, what is the point of dogfighting capabilities.

Needing dogfighters is the danger of relying on J-20s. J-20s are range hunters. Have no autocannon. Limited number of missiles. If the missiles work, then J-20s are effective. If under heavy EW conditions, hit or miss.

Dogfighters are still essential, especially in the age of EW (look at the gulf war air combat) and soon 6th gen fighters. However, it is better to have your standard jet fighters be ace dogfighters. Simply having dogfighters that are terrible at everything else is no good. That is the problem with SU-35 export, is too limited in abilities.

If in sims, SU-35s are getting shotdown in BVR combat, what is the point of dogfighting capabilities.

Needing dogfighters is the danger of relying on J-20s. J-20s are range hunters. Have no autocannon. Limited number of missiles. If the missiles work, then J-20s are effective. If under heavy EW conditions, hit or miss.

Hi,

GW air combat is obsolete---. Feb 26/27th blew that myth of the DOGFIGHT away---.

And I have stated the same thing for over 15 years now---. No dog fights---no merges and you may survive---.

But in a dog fight whomsoever have better HOBS missiles and turning capability---will rule---.

Whether J20s are just range hunters remain to be seen. Western analysts have definitely questioned that but J20's designers disagreed multiple times. I'd guess they'd run J20s in numerous wind tunnel tests to say that. But until WS15's are installed, we can't be sure. J20's look elongated and huge compared to F22 but its empty weight is actually 5 tons lighter due to the uses of advanced composite materials.

Hey but this blog is about Russia trying to sell Su35 to Pakistan and the debate has been whether Su35s could counter India's Rafale's. J10C's the closest 4+ fighters compared to Rafales and in numerous excises held by China, J10Cs repeatedly squashed Su35's. J10C's are also excellent assassins also as they'd shot down J16's in the exercises.

All EW assets were upgraded and new acquired during mush time, only old stuff are MPDR like Giraffe radars which needs to be replaced.
That is still over 20 year old technology. Even EF18 growler can fry the balls out of even the 3 DA20... and even if India does not have dedicated EW but they do have access to IAI, western, and Russian top line EW aircraft.

the canards on these stealth jets dont make sense and go against the principle of long range shoot and scoot. how canards will help with long range hunting? I guess Chinese want an ad hoc dog fighter with maneuverability just in case its stealth is not so stealthy for the potential enemy

the canards on these stealth jets dont make sense and go against the principle of long range shoot and scoot. how canards will help with long range hunting? I guess Chinese want an ad hoc dog fighter with maneuverability just in case its stealth is not so stealthy for the potential enemy
Size of canards makes difference, the larger the better to achieve stealth.

@Irfan Baloch you still want to laugh with big open mouth? :lol:
I knew this is coming . Induction of Su-35 in PAF will be a game changer. It will surpass all the jets indians brag about including rafales and Su-30.
Superior PAF training on a jet like Su-35 is a very deadly combination.

Sure.....and where will the money come from?.. Kiss Goodbye to any future aid from WB/IMF if used in purchasing Russian military hardware...also risk of sanctions will be on the horizon.

Back
Top Bottom