What's new

Russia delivers S-300 air-defence batteries to China

Your ignorance baffels me. The ASBM is not at all a proven technological platform. For the following reasons:

1. The accuracy of Chinese missiles is not good on land itself were the target is static, forget the ocean were the Carrier groups are very mobile.
2. The concept is grandoise in conception and its realisation requires technologies that China does not possess. No advanced technological nation went in for this kind of stuff. The Russians themselves relied primarily on Maritime Bombers carrying cruise missiles to neutralise American carrier groups.
3. The very idea by the Chinese Navy shows the in what poor light they hold their own sea based assets as against those deployed by the US Navy. China has no confidance in its ability to take on the US Navy based on conventional forces.
4. Locating sea based assets like Ships is very difficult in a vast ocean. How the hell is China going to locate these battle groups in the first place. You need to know were the traget is before launching, dont you?
5. I am sure that you have not heard of the AEGIS system deployed by the US Navy. Do some reading about it. Might open your eyes after all.

I have given you legitimate & clear points to validate my argument. Let me see you come up with an argument that is high on quality and low on rhetoric.

who told you the accuracy of chinese missiles is not good? i'm sorry, when we test missiles, the target does not disappear like it does in some large countries to the south. also, the chinese government has not said one word about ASBM, does it even exist? who knows, every report is out of washington. but even if it can't beat AEGIS it can definitely turn india's 1950's floating coffins into sinking coffins, if it indeed exists at all. barring that we can send a cruise missile right into your corrupt prime minister's office, he won't regret it, he's been living it up with all the money he stole anyways.

There is no need for India to have pull in Russia vis-a-vis China, as Russia itself sees the rise of China as threat to it in the near future. The Russians sold you quality stuff in the early 90's as they needed cash, there are no such sales happening now. The only euipment being sold now is not cutting edge stuff and even this likely to dry up in the future.

Russia chose India as a partner in the developement of the 5th generation fighter and there are many other areas of such cooperation. Why was China sidelined??

oh please,

russia has sold us their top stuff in the past yes why are sales drying up now?

well, china can produce just about everything the Russians can now(though some are untested), except engines and yes about probably right about drying up more in the future, why buy like india when we can make right at home.

and guess what there are reports of Russia wanting china to joint their 5th gen project but china refused they then turn to india, we have something currently known as the JXX going again, make at home not buy from other people

and finally i will repeat the most important thing we want is the engines tech everything else we can make due with things we can make at home unlike other countries

oh please,

well, china can produce just about everything the Russians can now(though some are untested), except engines and yes about probably right about drying up more in the future, why buy like india when we can make right at home.

and guess what there are reports of Russia wanting china to joint their 5th gen project but china refused they then turn to india, we have something currently known as the JXX going again, make at home not buy from other people

and finally i will repeat the most important thing we want is the engines tech everything else we can make due with things we can make at home unlike other countries

it will be good if u talk less b.s n provide proof - for russia wanting china for j.v.

chinese missile system is still about 10 % of russian , and we all know with lack of funding russian missile development have suffered and took them way behind - us.

and there is no jxx, all this internet b.s , if china have jxx then - iran has F-XXX , BECAUSE WE GOT NO PROOF OF ANYOF THEM.

russian s-300 are still one of the best offered missile system. and china as expected grab the chance with both hands, we all know why. because its proven system unlike anyother chinese - paper stat missile.

grow up ;)

Your ignorance baffels me. The ASBM is not at all a proven technological platform. For the following reasons:

1. The accuracy of Chinese missiles is not good on land itself were the target is static, forget the ocean were the Carrier groups are very mobile.
2. The concept is grandoise in conception and its realisation requires technologies that China does not possess. No advanced technological nation went in for this kind of stuff. The Russians themselves relied primarily on Maritime Bombers carrying cruise missiles to neutralise American carrier groups.
3. The very idea by the Chinese Navy shows the in what poor light they hold their own sea based assets as against those deployed by the US Navy. China has no confidence in its ability to take on the US Navy based on conventional forces.
4. Locating sea based assets like Ships is very difficult in a vast ocean. How the hell is China going to locate these battle groups in the first place. You need to know were the traget is before launching, dont you?
5. I am sure that you have not heard of the AEGIS system deployed by the US Navy. Do some reading about it. Might open your eyes after all.

I have given you legitimate & clear points to validate my argument. Let me see you come up with an argument that is high on quality and low on rhetoric.
Hi
Its pretty obvious who ignorant is who was taking ASBM as an ASAT. so lets not go there.
You can take all your assumptions & think what ever you want, isn't going to make those missiles any less effective.
1.You fired the Chinese missiles so that's why you know they are not accurate.
2 they are based on Inertial + terminal radar guidance
3,4,5 don't try to detract the topic by dragging USA it was about China's significance for Russia in contrast to India,from where did USA come in,i do read but i guess you need to read without being biased.
I do have very valid points but since you are blinded by your hatred for China so you can never understand them.
Here is some thing which will defy your subjective theory. India didn't want Russia to supply RD93 to Pakistan so Russia stopped but when China intervened Russia went against Indian wishes, simple as that China is very important for Russia, so your dogmas regarding Sino- Russian relations are baseless and fanciful. so If China wanted a 5th generation project with Russians they would have gone with one, but they didn't. Reality Check! China is a bigger economic power than India is. and the best things that Indian's are contributing for PAK-FA are dollars. So if Chinese wanted one like that they can acquire easily, like they got SU-30 and these S-300 missiles my points are real and proven in fact that is why you came on this thread which is about China receiving S-300, but all your claims are just a portrait of your delusions.

Last edited:
Fury as Russia sells its missile system to Iran - Exclusive

By Chris Hughes 12/04/2010

Iran is buying an ultra-sophisticated missile system from Russia to protect its nuclear sites.

The S-300's surface-to-air rockets can hit many targets at once, including in-coming cruise missiles, making any Western or Israeli strike on Iran much more difficult.

News of the multi-billion pound deal with Moscow has caused fury and fear among Western powers as they desperately try to stop the country developing nuclear weapons.

An intelligence source told The Mirror: "In the game of bluff and counter-bluff this is bad news for Israel and the West.

"The new missile system will hugely empower Tehran which already has a fairly inflated view of its military and defence capability.

"This has everyone worried - Israel because it knows the US is currently not up for attacking Tehran and the US because it knows Tehran has the upper hand."

The S-300, which Iran has been trying to buy since 2005, can hit a target at 100 miles and will be delivered to them within months.

It is a massive blow to Israeli defence chiefs who fear Iran's president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, below, is building up a nuclear capability to attack them.

Pentagon chiefs have already written up a detailed plan to strike as many as 100 targets if they have to destroy Tehran's nuclear installations.

Bunker-buster bombs would hit underground complexes and Hellfire missiles targeted to kill the country's top scientists.

Mikhail Dmitriyev, head of the Russian Federal Agency for Military Co-operation confirmed delivery of the S-300 is imminent. Russia's stateowned news agency RIA Novosti said: "Contracts have been signed."

:cheers:

Fury as Russia sells its missile system to Iran - Exclusive - mirror.co.uk

who told you the accuracy of chinese missiles is not good? i'm sorry, when we test missiles, the target does not disappear like it does in some large countries to the south. also, the chinese government has not said one word about ASBM, does it even exist? who knows, every report is out of washington. but even if it can't beat AEGIS it can definitely turn india's 1950's floating coffins into sinking coffins, if it indeed exists at all. barring that we can send a cruise missile right into your corrupt prime minister's office, he won't regret it, he's been living it up with all the money he stole anyways.

Who told you the accuracy of chinese missiles is very good?

Ya when you test the media only tells you what the chinese government wants you to hear.

You are calling Manmohan Singh corrupt?? Need anything more be said.

oh please,

The only thing that the chinese defence industries can produce are clones of weapon systems of other countries. The list is very long.

All that talk about Russia wanting China to join the 5th generation fighter programme is nothing but rubbish. Dont know who fed that to you.

India and Russia are developing many future defence systems. This clearly shows that Russia considers India as a partner for the future the same cant be said of China.

Hi
Its pretty obvious who ignorant is who was taking ASBM as an ASAT. so lets not go there.
You can take all your assumptions & think what ever you want, isn't going to make those missiles any less effective.
1.You fired the Chinese missiles so that's why you know they are not accurate.
2 they are based on Inertial + terminal radar guidance
3,4,5 don't try to detract the topic by dragging USA it was about China's significance for Russia in contrast to India,from where did USA come in,i do read but i guess you need to read without being biased.
I do have very valid points but since you are blinded by your hatred for China so you can never understand them.
Here is some thing which will defy your subjective theory. India didn't want Russia to supply RD93 to Pakistan so Russia stopped but when China intervened Russia went against Indian wishes, simple as that China is very important for Russia, so your dogmas regarding Sino- Russian relations are baseless and fanciful. so If China wanted a 5th generation project with Russians they would have gone with one, but they didn't. Reality Check! China is a bigger economic power than India is. and the best things that Indian's are contributing for PAK-FA are dollars. So if Chinese wanted one like that they can acquire easily, like they got SU-30 and these S-300 missiles my points are real and proven in fact that is why you came on this thread which is about China receiving S-300, but all your claims are just a portrait of your delusions.

1. The not so great accuracy of the Chinese missiles can be confirmed by the scientists of PAEC afterall, all their missiles are based on Chinese designs.

The latest plane in the Chinese arsenal the J-10 is based on the Lavi. Ya China is technologically superior than Russia!!

The Russians chose India for a JV on defence systems, need more be said about their preference.

all their missiles are based on Chinese designs. .

That's right. Almost non `Indian missile` is based on Indian design, except... you? :partay:

The latest plane in the Chinese arsenal the J-10 is based on the Lavi. Ya China is technologically superior than Russia!!

J-10 and Lavi are totally different animals ( many threads already on the diff of these two),
albeit J-10 bought some Lavi teating data on design.

Plus, Israelis failed on finishing Lavi, while Chinese succeeded on J-10.

No one said China is technologically superior than Russia, overall.

Yet some areas are extremely close, e.g. missiles. Some are lacking, e.g. engines.

The Russians chose India for a JV on defence systems, need more be said about their preference.

hmmm... Ruskies must be desperate in need of some call centre operations, and a dumb `cash cow` to spread their R&D cost? :smitten: :tup:

That's right. Almost non `Indian missile` is based on Indian design, except... you? :partay:

Poor attempt at humour. Inability to counter point with qualitative argument noted.

J-10 and Lavi are totally different animals ( many threads already on the diff of these two),
albeit J-10 bought some Lavi teating data on design.

Plus, Israelis failed on finishing Lavi, while Chinese succeeded on J-10.

You got to be kidding me with that. J-10 & Lavi are different platforms. The poor attempt at humour in the earlier statement of you has been more than compensated by this joke.

The only reason that Isreal did not complete the Lavi was due to financial viability. If seem to be pointing out that China has got the better of Israel in this regard you shoud do some reading about the how the Isrealis have upgraded the American jets in their arsensal with Indegenous equipment, giving it a much more lethal punch.

No one said China is technologically superior than Russia, overall.

Yet some areas are extremely close, e.g. missiles. Some are lacking, e.g. engines.

Tell that to your Chinese friends you seem to claim just the opposite. You shoud hear some of their tall claims, not very different from some of yours actually.

China is no were near to Russia in technology. You can only claim parity with that Russian equipment that you have been able to clone.

hmmm... Ruskies must be desperate in need of some call centre operations, and a dumb `cash cow` to spread their R&D cost? :smitten: :tup:

I could also take a cheap pot shot at you about, cheap Chinese toys made with toxic chemicals & baby milk made out of melamine. But then let me refrain for the moment.

Russia delivers S-300 air-defence batteries to China

China purchased around 160 S-300 batteries from Russia since early 1990s. There is no limit for propaganda of Chinese trolls about their so called indigenous capability. In April 2010, Russia delivered another 15 S-300 SAM batteries to China LOL.

Did China receive 12 KLUB subs from Russia? LOL

HQ version SAMs rejected by PLA. LOL !!

whats th state of chinese domestic SAMS this purchase does prove something about their capability

First Chinese received the LAST batch of S-300PMU2 from Russia way back in

No more S-300 was ever purchased from Russia.

China currently is producing HQ-9A which is equal to S-300PMU2.

Any more questions? :)

I'll show you the definition of "right."

Russia Develops the S-500 - a New Anti-Missile Defense System

The Chinese KKV destroyed a satelite, meaning it was built for that mission, the S-500, on the other hand was built for a different purpose, air defence, as mentioned earlier th S-500 can destroy 10 hypersonic targets at once and it can do it out of the earth's atmosphere.

lol, you keep bragging about Russia's weapon. S-500 is still on PAPER! :)

I remember a while ago, Russia keep bragging about Mig-25 how fast it can fly, how high it can fly. Then in the 1991 war. Mig-25 did not beat F-15, F-16. In fact it was down both time engaging F-15, F-16. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-25#Persian_Gulf_War

lol, you keep bragging about Russia's weapon. S-500 is still on PAPER! :)

I remember a while ago, Russia keep bragging about Su-25 how fast it can fly, how high it can fly. Then in the 1982 war. SU-25 got completely OWNED by F-15. :lol:

dude year old thread... why?

Back
Top Bottom