What's new

Russia delays India aircraft carrier by 3 yrs

This is a big blow for India Navy,

Now you have ADS and Vikramaditya get deployed in the same time.

PS: Any ideas on the retired US carriers. They just retired a USN carrier, is that on War Reserve or is it headed for the salvage yard

Well with the nuclear reactor I guess they have to put it with the other retired nuclear vessels

Constellation 64 27 Oct 1961 7 Aug. 2003 Towed 12 September 2003, to be placed in inactive reserve in the Naval Inactive Ship Maintenance Facility (NISMF), Bremerton, Wash.

America 66 23 Jan 1965 9 Aug 1996 Stricken from Navy List; In the Naval Inactive Ship Maintenance Facility (NISMF), Philadelphia, Penn. To be scrapped.

Independence 62 10 Jan 1959 30 Sep 1998 In inactive reserve in the Naval Inactive Ship Maintenance Facility (NISMF), Bremerton, Wash.

Ranger 61 10 Aug 1957 10 Jul 1993 In inactive reserve in the Naval Inactive Ship Maintenance Facility (NISMF), Bremerton, Wash.

I thought John F Kenedy was reitired and it was a conventional one.
****edit

Yes I am right and they are in the inactive ship list, The only viable and good option I see for the Indian Navy, or maybe convert some USN Marine's LHD for Harrier Operations, but with the MiG-29K cant be used on it, and we dont have enough harriers for two ships. This would be something great if the Indians can pull it off

Ghorshkov aka Vikramaditya is a big blow for China, it will increase Indian capabilities by quantaum leaps. So just a thought, could have the chinese be behind this 3 years delay.

Chineese,i dont think so.

But timing is all wrong. India is seen cosying upto US who are offering us lots of adv stuff and on the other hand you had the ruskies complaining about 'cost inflation' and now this 3 year delay.

Ruskies needs to be remined that they are paid money.

Is it possible that they could have really miscalculated the work to be done to overshoot the target by 3 long years.

Ghorshkov aka Vikramaditya is a big blow for China, it will increase Indian capabilities by quantaum leaps. So just a thought, could have the chinese be behind this 3 years delay.

No, technical flaws and its more than just wiring problem...the structure is unstable!!! I passed the info two months ago to Joey and told him about the possible delay of up to two years but he wouldn't believe me.
Guess my sourse was right. ;)

No, technical flaws and its more than just wiring problem...the structure is unstable!!! I passed the info two months ago to Joey and told him about the possible delay of up to two years but he wouldn't believe me.
Guess my sourse was right. ;)

Structure is unstable? Hws did it sail before it caught fire?

You tell me if you figure it out. Mig-29K appears to be too heavy for the vessel, the whole maindeck needs restructuring.

But I don't have the details, I asked Joey to look into it.

You tell me if you figure it out. Mig-29K appears to be too heavy for the vessel, the whole maindeck needs restructuring.

But I don't have the details, I asked Joey to look into it.

Hw am i suppose to know? Unstabble is a english term which i understood.

I see opportunity in every hurdle. The local efforts will now be given additional support.

Three years delay would mean we'd either become a carrier less navy or haul the Viraat to 2013.

We've been without a carrier when the Centaur was undergoing refit for about two years.

I see opportunity in every hurdle. The local efforts will now be given additional support.

Three years delay would mean we'd either become a carrier less navy or haul the Viraat to 2013.

We've been without a carrier when the Centaur was undergoing refit for about two years.

Its a shame we have to go thru this when we have money.

CV John F Kennedy is a good option, It was working till last march

Its a shame we have to go thru this when we have money.

Time is just one of those things money can't buy. For everything else there's Mastercard.

Back
Top Bottom