What's new

Russia confirms sale of advanced anti-aircraft missiles to Iran

Yes, its a different variant, but still provide the same strategical military value to Iran as the original variant, which was intended to be exported to Iran. On the other hand, I don't believe anything about this supposed better variant of S-300 called Bavar-373. Its a smokescreen. Its like those other big projects which have proven to be false, exaggerated or delayed. Like the Meskhat CM with a range of 2000km, Q-313, etc.

Only because they haven't been operated yet, doesn't mean they are false.

It's in our own interest to build the B373, even if it's not as powerful as S-300, still it'll be a very valuable achievement, because only a handful of countries can produce domestic air defense system. Just wait for another year.

Regarding Q-313, I have some information about it that I can't share here, but you can be sure that it's a real project. I'm also very skeptical regarding issues I have no info about like you and I don't believe anything easily, but trust me in these cases.

Good point, but I'm merely pointing out to the false statements (wrong given datums of unveilings, operational status, etc) given by military officials.

It's in our own interest to build the B373, even if it's not as powerful as S-300, still it'll be a very valuable achievement, because only a handful of countries can produce domestic air defense system. Just wait for another year.

If they manage to come up with a similar system, it would indeed be of value to Iran, but then again, I am skeptical about it. They have no operational history with the S-300, so a similar system being produced by a country who, with all due respect, still uses outdated French and American air defense systems, seems far-fetched.

Regarding Q-313, I have some information about it that I can't share here, but you can be sure that it's a real project. I'm also very skeptical regarding issues I have no info about like you and I don't believe anything easily, but trust me in these cases.

Well, let we give them the benefit of the doubt then.

The dumb akhoonds can't even come up with an aftabeh. You're smarter than this man.

If they manage to come up with a similar system, it would indeed be of value to Iran, but then again, I am skeptical about it. They have no operational history with the S-300, so a similar system being produced by a country who, with all due respect, still uses outdated French and American air defense systems, seems far-fetched.

i was not interested in to join this conversation, and i'm sharing same view about some of our problems. but what you said about our air defence systems is not true, actually we have some units of S-300 s since before.
how you could say they are outdated? or we just only have those american system ? actually nowadays our defence systems are very extended and modern and the only weakness is in long range filed because the only system we have is an upgraded S-200 .

It's not the 'akhunds' who produce weapons, it's scientists, technicians and engineers and you know we have no shortage of them.

lol is that why the country is in its current shape?

S-300VM well lets see what happens it could Russia is just saying this so Iran can withdrawn the lawsuit and also even agreement if reached it take year or more to complete the deal
until i don't see in the soil of Iran i wont believe the Russian

There are reports that this news has been denied by Putin spokesman.

I have a question if someone from Iran could answer.

Why is Iran not concentrating on its air force as oppose to SAM system? No one can deny the effectiveness of a good SAM system however there is simply no comparison with an effective air force.

lol is that why the country is in its current shape?

Because there's still a good part of our population who have the same narrow minded, extremist wannabe mentality as yours.

You are two sides of the same coin...

I have a question if someone from Iran could answer.

Why is Iran not concentrating on its air force as oppose to SAM system? No one can deny the effectiveness of a good SAM system however there is simply no comparison with an effective air force.

Brother, none of Iran's neighbours really pose a military threat/challenge to Iran. Iran's one real adversary is the US itself. And no matter what Iran builds for the foreseeable future, it will be of little competition to what the American military fields. So it seems like the Iranian leaders have decided to deter the Americans through other means, while concentrating on fundamental technology development/assimilation, until the point when they can build a decent aircraft, while relying on their own resources to a reasonable degree. I hoep that sort of answers your question.

Russia is now scared of US pressure, they change their mind again. Iran didn't ask for it. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom